Hacked.

Marinxar

Hi

I play on a PvE server. I have my base entrance locked, as well as storage units, with password and I play solo.

Yet, this morning when I logged in, I noticed some of my turrets were gone outside where I fought the horde night. The hatch is still locked and secured and there is no tunnels dug in to my base. All my storage chests are still locked and undamaged, but all the ammo, dukes, schematics etc. are out removed.

So only explanation is that there is a new hack out that probably need some attention, as it simply bypass all existing forms of securing one's items.

EDIT: PS Also, I know this is not a random server change/issue, as the ♥♥♥♥ placed one of my junk turrets inside my base, aimed at my bedroll.

Could they have just figured out what code you used, stole your stuff, and then just locked them again when they left? Not sure how the locks work in this game because I always leave all my stuff unlocked lol.

Highly unlikely that someone would sit and crunch a brute force hack for hours to steal ammo ? Guess it's possible, but I just don't see anyone doing that for something this trivial.

EDIT: Since this was on a PvE server, and inside landclaim protected area, I don't think a stranger even get the option to enter a passcode. They would have to be allies or friends, unless I am mistaken.

Highly unlikely that someone would sit and crunch a brute force hack for hours to steal ammo ? Guess it's possible, but I just don't see anyone doing that for something this trivial.

EDIT: Since this was on a PvE server, and inside landclaim protected area, I don't think a stranger even get the option to enter a passcode. They would have to be allies or friends, unless I am mistaken.

Idk, I have a vague memory of attempting to enter codes at a base I was raiding once on a PvP server and I was able to try. Was a long time ago tho.

I just tested it out. On a PvE server inside a landclaimed area a stranger can still use the code to open a chest. After they unlocked the chest with the code it still showed that it was locked to me as well. It would be very tough to just brute force the code open that's for sure but it is doable.

I just tested it out. On a PvE server inside a landclaimed area a stranger can still use the code to open a chest. After they unlocked the chest with the code it still showed that it was locked to me as well. It would be very tough to just brute force the code open that's for sure but it is doable.

Well, topic still stands either way, but a simple solution is then possible. a Set number of failed attempts would jam the lock, so that only the owner can open it.

Server admin came back to me, and there was only 1 person active in between myself logging off, and logging back in in the morning. His profile also fits the profile. So we done all we can do. Permanent ban and reported on Steam. Can only hope the bastard gets his steam account permanently locked as well.

I mean it sucks, but does it really go against the rules of Steam? I can see it being against the server rules, but in a PVE game, should it not be allowed to brute force your way into someones base and steal their loot? Unless there was some kind of cheat this person used, I dont see why they should be banned from Steam. Maybe I am missing something though.

Server admin came back to me, and there was only 1 person active in between myself logging off, and logging back in in the morning. His profile also fits the profile. So we done all we can do. Permanent ban and reported on Steam. Can only hope the bastard gets his steam account permanently locked as well.

Valve won't do anything about him taking your stuff. Either just take what the player had in his base as repayment or have the server admin give you what you remember having back.

And thats why those >Snip by OzHawkeye - keep it clean please< use EAC bypass. Only defense is using a servermanager/api mod that tracks player movement and inventory.

Cheers

Thanks, will look in to that...and glad at least someone feel the same way about these *Something that would get edited out* losers that hack and cheat in online games. Instead of all these other people defending them.

Archived