Do blocks block sound?

Nope, thats too advanced of a feature for this game it seems. Something I been complaining about since I been around in a9/10. If you loot anything and any zombie is in the sounds range their going to hear it sneaking or not. Stealth is not really viable in this game like it used to be. Maybe if you use nothing but padded armor and spec heavy into the stealth perk it MIGHT be viable then, but by that point you'd be armed to the teeth and stealth just wastes your time.

As someone who is currently doing an Agility/Perception play -- even with padded armor, advanced muffled connectors in everything and 5/5 stealth perks -- they changed certain sleeper volumes to instantly wake all as soon as you touch it, which just leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

This would be really cool if it existed in the game, but it would be really hard to pull off because of all the possible block combinations.

Even the ability to see for zombies is a little weird, depending on the blocks used... compare frames, glass blocks, doors with cracks in them, sideways shelving, etc to wooden/iron bars.

As someone who is currently doing an Agility/Perception play -- even with padded armor, advanced muffled connectors in everything and 5/5 stealth perks -- they changed certain sleeper volumes to instantly wake all as soon as you touch it, which just leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

I'm going to assume that's a bug, or do you have any "official statements" to quote? I've experienced it, in one POI several times, but not that much anywhere else.. one of the three-shop-groups (business_strip_old_04, at least two rooms, the "front" of the shotgun messiah (empty shelves, one gun bag, hole in the floor, beer coolers next to it) and then a storage room later on).

And yeah, if it's intentional, it's just utter .. male bovine fecal matter.

Archived