LazMan vs Day 21 Horde

Laz Man

Alpha 18.1 experimental, Default Difficulty (Adventurer), 10 max alive. Intelligence / Perception Build (Level 25 / GS 50)

Day 21 Horde Night - Small flagstone horde base in the snow biome upgraded with dart traps and electrical fencing. Dual junk turret defense and active base defense.

Top View:

dhHTamL.png

Video (Enjoy!!!):

[video=youtube_share;3b8WRkr7dk4]

Alpha 18.1 experimental, Default Difficulty (Adventurer), 10 max alive. Intelligence / Perception Build (Level 25 / GS 50)

Day 21 Horde Night - Small flagstone horde base in the snow biome upgraded with dart traps and electrical fencing. Dual junk turret defense and active base defense.

Video (Enjoy!!!):

nice I was hoping to find your video, I was not to sure where it would be. thank you. (about to watch)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey you using my sorta cage design :). bet you are wondering how I was able to get the cage to stay without collapsing lol. Hint, at each of the corners, i place support structures going to the ground. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

correction i see what u did. nice, now one can use granades and stuff. good thinking i see what you have done.

nice I was hoping to find your video, I was not to sure where it would be. thank you. (about to watch)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey you using my sorta cage design :). bet you are wondering how I was able to get the cage to stay without collapsing lol. Hint, at each of the corners, i place support structures going to the ground. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

correction i see what u did. nice, now one can use granades and stuff. good thinking i see what you have done.

Thanks! Yeah it worked out pretty well. True test will be against radiated/ferals/demolishers though lol. For this horde, I had maybe 100 to 200 AP rounds ready but didn't need to use them. Also a couple of recogs to chug if I needed a damage boast. :)

I say the greatest compliment one can get is when someone else takes there ideas. I'm half way done watching and if you dont mind i'll be jacking a lot of your ideas, i like the way you think about a horde base design. awesome my dude! :)

Thanks, I hope it brings you some fun! My double turret final line of defense held strong. By the end of the horde, one had depleted all of its ammo while one still had plenty left.

Side note, there was one zed in the entire horde that got pissed off at the dart trap and tried to hit it. I was like "WTF" leave that alone *BANG* lol...

I see what you did there. watch out with the gap around the bird cage tho, buzzards can and will get in I think I will try the interior trap build, except put the dart trap at head leveland a single blade trap at the base of the stairs for crawlers and spiders

I may add more dart traps to my "Dart" pillars of death 😂 but still undecided as it could potentially trigger the bomb on demolishers. However because my dart pillars are aimed at the backs of the zeds it might not be an issue.

I do plan to incorporate blade traps just not sure where yet. This base is designed to funnel zeds into a 1x1 column to maximize the penetrator perk so space is limited.

I may focus on shotgun/SMG turrets first since this build is pretty light in ammo consumption relative to other builds...

well, I am gonna mimic that one a bit, My bird cage is somewhat different. but the hallway set up I am gonna borrow. different fence and dart trap set up with the possibility of 2 additional vertically placed blade traps instead of the horizontal floor. and of course the horizontal floor at the steps

• 2 weeks later...

Clever design, I wish more people would post their bases. I honestly never thought electric fences were that effective. I unfortunately go for atheistic s myself and wast a lot of materials doing so, but I am a perfectionist.

I still say A18 look kind of cool so far despite some negative comments here and there, although the melee does look off in some videos.

I cannot wait to boot up my new PC and screw around in game again.

Clever design, I wish more people would post their bases. I honestly never thought electric fences were that effective. I unfortunately go for atheistic s myself and wast a lot of materials doing so, but I am a perfectionist.

I still say A18 look kind of cool so far despite some negative comments here and there, although the melee does look off in some videos.

I cannot wait to boot up my new PC and screw around in game again.

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see what creative ideas people come up with and then see how they hold up. I'm having a blast sharing too. 😎👍

Electric fencing + dart traps + you = dead hordes indeed lol. I'd post videos of my bases but... my laptop can just manage the game alone, nevermind recording haha. College and other stuff keeps eating my build money, but one day soon hopefully =p

Yeah, it's pretty cool to see what creative ideas people come up with and then see how they hold up. I'm having a blast sharing too. ����

What do you use to record? I have a HDML Cloner Pro and I get some artifacts when recording

when I move quickly the screen blurs the textures somehow. I had a registered copy of Fraps but I lost my lifetime key and I refuse to buy another at $60 or something.

What do you use to record? I have a HDML Cloner Pro and I get some artifacts when recording
when I move quickly the screen blurs the textures somehow. I had a registered copy of Fraps but I lost my lifetime key and I refuse to buy another at $60 or something.

I think windows 10 has built in xbox/windows recording software. I'll check when I get home.

Edit: Windows 10 xBox App

I had lost mine too long ago. But I emailed them, answered a couple questions and they sent the key over. They are actually a pretty fantastic company. I was actually kinda expecting a polite, but “get lost” reply as it had been like a decade and a half since I’d used the software.

Archived