Game to easy now?

Annihilatorza

Hi All

I am really enjoying alpha 18, so far but I have some concerns.

A few friends and myself are playing on one of the pregenerated world's and we are finding that the schematic make things way to quick to do now.

We have an all steel base at day 29 due the fact we found schematic to make it, we had motorbikes day 3 due to I spent all my skill points to get since they could get all the stuff we needed.

I think the schematics need to be a bit harder to get and changed slightly.

Say due to been the apocalypse and things are damaged you need to find multiple copies of the schematic to make a complete one, the rarer the schematic the more parts you need and the fewer drops you would find.

So for example marksman rifle and schematic you would only find them in miltiary camps and buildings and to find a tier 6 one would be one of rarest drops in the game. Right now I have 5 of them on day 30.

The books need to be a tiered system, okay you found book 5/6 but you have not read the first 4 so you don't know how to put it into context, so you can't use it until you read first 4.

Timed demo charges are useless, they can't even break a wood covered window.

The dungeon POI are too simple, why would I fight through the whole water works when I know the exit is hidden under the tree at the front, so I dig up the tree and kill 3 zombies and I have the best loot in the building, either move the loot room or remove the shortcut.

This applies to most POI.

Thanks

Annihilator

I am and the loot I am getting precludes me for having to make anything high tier.

It's not worth that time for me to make a level 5 shotgun where I know I will find a tier 6 shortly.

I should not be finding anything purple any time soon, maybe if you have lucky looter max level you have a small chance to get a purple shotgun but now it feels like borderlands, where I have so much great loot I am literally scrapping it or selling it.

Yeah game feels balanced for sp, doesn't help out yr mp game but if not already u could try hardest settings, Insane Nightmare always run 25% loot. You'll still eventually find everything but it'll take longer.

Or get into the xml files and up the game stage and enemy spawns. If that isn't enough there's always mods.

A dev just said the Nightmare run settings will make zombies faster than player, sounds good.

Yeah game feels balanced for sp, doesn't help out yr mp game but if not already u could try hardest settings, Insane Nightmare always run 25% loot. You'll still eventually find everything but it'll take longer.

Or get into the xml files and up the game stage and enemy spawns. If that isn't enough there's always mods.

A dev just said the Nightmare run settings will make zombies faster than player, sounds good.

Ye I have told my mates, I want to do the following

When stable comes out

Insane

Knightmare

25% Loot

64 zombies per player on hoard night.

Always run

Like most survival games, the game becomes a joke in multiplayer if your working together with people. So yeah its always going to be easy in MP. As for the schematics, I feel they are fine, some are more rare than others and if your lucky you find them early. This run (I play SP warrior dead is dead), I found the workbench and chem station schematics on day 6. First time i've ever found them since a18 came out. Usually I just use workbench/chem labs in poi's when I find them.

Its all Rng and you can get lucky or have rng crap all over you. All steel base by day 29 is actually pretty late, in a17 vanilla i'd start having a steel base by day 7 or 10 at max in single player the only thing slowing me down was lack of iron. So the fact it took till day 29 is a improvement. My game I mentioned above i'd consider very lucky, I also looted a minibike handlebars on day 3, and on day 6 I also found the chassis schematic, so I was able to make my minibike. One game, I found a already made crucible on day 1 in some loot. Could make steel on day 1 as the trader had a forge. Not that I bothered as I had no real use for it that early. I've started 4 or 5 games since, and never ever found a crucible again in loot or even the schematic, so its VERY rare.

Zombies running, at least jogging, at day, with the rage mode, make the game a little harder ^^.

It makes it harder in one way for sure though it's not what everyone means by harder all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

A18 is a big step in the right direction regarding loot and crafting imo. TFP admits it needs more balancing so that should validate this thread somewhat.

It makes it harder in one way for sure though it's not what everyone means by harder all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

A18 is a big step in the right direction regarding loot and crafting imo. TFP admits it needs more balancing so that should validate this thread somewhat.

For the "hardest" game possible you have to play single player, as then all you have is yourself to depend on and you have to do everything yourself. Like I said in games like 7dtd MP takes away a large chunk or most of the challenge, as the challenge is getting mats and surviving. Only exception is a pvp server, because then you don't really worry about the zombies, your more worried about other players and getting ganked.

Like most survival games, the game becomes a joke in multiplayer if your working together with people. So yeah its always going to be easy in MP.

Not true in A18. Have you seen the calculation for total gamestage in MP? It is extremely punishing. I was playing co-op with 1 buddy and we had our day 21 horde. My GS was 109, and his was 101. Our effective GS comes out at something like 320. On day 21 I faced the most vicious 3rd horde I've ever seen, with multiple Demolishers (which would not appear till GS 156 for single player). Our base got wrecked and I have never lost a base like that before in 2000+ hours (and I typically play on Insane, this was only Warrior). We also used ALL our ammo for that one Horde which was 1000+ 9mm, 1000+ rifle and 500+ Shotgun rounds. All gone. Nothing left. In addition we were lucky enough to have a tier 6 Pump and tier 6 AK, that's how tough it was.

So while it easier to amass things in MP, you are going to have much tougher Hordes and thus need a LOT more of those things in general.

For the record I have a solo playthrough in progress as well and it is a piece of cake in comparison. While I would have been the first to agree that MP was easier in every alpha previous to this one, this is absolutely not the case in A18 so far.

My SP playthrough has GS at 99 on day 21. The difference between that horde and the one I got in 2-player with effective GS 320 is simply massive. It is nowhere near "twice as hard" it was many orders of magnitude harder than SP.

As for Steel, you need Int 10 and Advanced Engineering 5 to make a Crucible, so if you do not find the Schematic or find an actual Crucible, you will not have Steel till very very late game now (unless you go all-in on Int which will severely cripple you in other ways).

As for Steel, you need Int 10 and Advanced Engineering 5 to make a Crucible, so if you do not find the Schematic or find an actual Crucible, you will not have Steel till very very late game now (unless you go all-in on Int which will severely cripple you in other ways).

Traders will stock steel. I've bought a couple hundred from them so I could craft the motorcycle.

You can also get steel from destroying the non functional vendor machines and the big Chandler in some poi's. Plus a few other things drop steel.

As for being severely crippled I disagree. Maybe in mp but for sp Im running an int build and just unlocked the last level of engineering at level 32. I have only 1 point in all other abilities except 3 in str.

The junk turret you get in the int line makes up for your lack of range abilities and it gets better with ever level of int.

I honestly think you can do well in which ever build you decide to try.

Not true in A18. Have you seen the calculation for total gamestage in MP? It is extremely punishing. I was playing co-op with 1 buddy and we had our day 21 horde. My GS was 109, and his was 101. Our effective GS comes out at something like 320. On day 21 I faced the most vicious 3rd horde I've ever seen, with multiple Demolishers (which would not appear till GS 156 for single player). Our base got wrecked and I have never lost a base like that before in 2000+ hours (and I typically play on Insane, this was only Warrior). We also used ALL our ammo for that one Horde which was 1000+ 9mm, 1000+ rifle and 500+ Shotgun rounds. All gone. Nothing left. In addition we were lucky enough to have a tier 6 Pump and tier 6 AK, that's how tough it was.

So while it easier to amass things in MP, you are going to have much tougher Hordes and thus need a LOT more of those things in general.

For the record I have a solo playthrough in progress as well and it is a piece of cake in comparison. While I would have been the first to agree that MP was easier in every alpha previous to this one, this is absolutely not the case in A18 so far.

My SP playthrough has GS at 99 on day 21. The difference between that horde and the one I got in 2-player with effective GS 320 is simply massive. It is nowhere near "twice as hard" it was many orders of magnitude harder than SP.

Horde night is a few hours out of one day, you still have 6.5 other days of complete easy mode to play thru in between. The bulk of the game is in between horde nights. Also yes I know that MP really escalates gamestage based on your party members. But again, thats only for a short period once every 7 days by default, the rest of the time you just easy mode the rest as there can be 2+ of you going into somewhere.

Traders will stock steel. I've bought a couple hundred from them so I could craft the motorcycle.

You can also get steel from destroying the non functional vendor machines and the big Chandler in some poi's. Plus a few other things drop steel.

As for being severely crippled I disagree. Maybe in mp but for sp Im running an int build and just unlocked the last level of engineering at level 32. I have only 1 point in all other abilities except 3 in str.

The junk turret you get in the int line makes up for your lack of range abilities and it gets better with ever level of int.

I honestly think you can do well in which ever build you decide to try.

Depends on difficulty though, on Adventurer you can breathe on zombies and they die as the player actually gets a damage bonus vs entitys, on nomad the player does 100% of base damage, on Warrior the player deals 87 or 83% of their damage resulting in much tankier zombies. Zombies also hit 50% harder on warrior compared to nomad. On adventurer the zombies don't even do 100% of their base damage, I think its like 75% or so. Unsure of the exact numbers I am going based on a17 numbers here. I know the 50% more dmg from nomad to warrior works as normal male zombies hit for 10 on nomad, 15 on warrior, so 50% bonus.

In my current game I am on day 7 just killed the horde, Still wearing padded armor, which funnily enough has more dmg resist than a full set of iron in a17 unperked. I'm used to having alot less armor on a17.4 warrior, and I love the fact the padded armor does not encumber you. I do find it odd though that t3 padded armor on trader has 8 armor rating, but the tier 6 at trader has 7. O_o.

There also seems to be a set bonus for wearing all of the same set or some sort of bonus. As 7x5 from padded armor is 35, however when I check my stats it says my armor rating is 39, this is with no mods in the armor at all. So yeah... the first thing I do every game (I play dead is dead usually) is make a padded armor set second I get the mats to do so, which is 5 duct tape and 25 cloth. Slap some banded armor mods into that set (+2 armor each) and you have almost 50% dmg reduction from armor that encumbers you 0.

Horde night is a few hours out of one day, you still have 6.5 other days of complete easy mode to play thru in between. The bulk of the game is in between horde nights. Also yes I know that MP really escalates gamestage based on your party members. But again, thats only for a short period once every 7 days by default, the rest of the time you just easy mode the rest as there can be 2+ of you going into somewhere.

Every hour outside horde hours is easy mode regardless of player count. At least on Warrior difficulty, I havn't gone higher yet and after that MP horde I doubt I will or could on multiplayer. The amount of ammo we'd need is off-putting.

Archived