Where All the Animals At?

requiemdios

I'm starting to think they really nerfed animal spawns in order to make the tracking trait more attractive. My husband and I are on day 12 and we've seen... 1 bear, 1 deer and 2 pigs, plus a couple rabbits.

Thats just bad luck, i'm on day 5 in my Warrior difficulty game and I have 2 entire stacks of raw meat already. Exploring is generally the best way to find animals I find, I just kill any I see as I do trader quests. Haven't needed to cook any of said meat yet though.

testing the new hunting system yielded pretty terrible results for me.

5 perk points into it and you get all kinds of indicators on your compass, but that doesn't actually seem to increase animal spawns. It only makes it easier for you to find the ones already spawned in.

Yea I sunk 3 points into tracking before I gave up on the skill. The range on it is way to low to be usefull. By the time anything will show up on radar I have already tripped over the critter and probably lined up my shot. Worse was the boars in the Grace POI, I am standing right next to 2 or 3 boars and the skill is saying that there is nothing around. Wish I had my 3 points back, waste of a skill.

The skill desperately needs "tuning" by the Fun Pimps.

Yea I sunk 3 points into tracking before I gave up on the skill. The range on it is way to low to be usefull. By the time anything will show up on radar I have already tripped over the critter and probably lined up my shot. Worse was the boars in the Grace POI, I am standing right next to 2 or 3 boars and the skill is saying that there is nothing around. Wish I had my 3 points back, waste of a skill.

The skill desperately needs "tuning" by the Fun Pimps.

I also have 3 points in it and it doesn't seem to be helping much. Luckily, I'm playing with 2 other friends who are specializing in other stuff. If the comment further above is right about a compass full of stuff at 5 points, then I'm just going to go for it.

Sounds like it may not be worth it for a solo player, though.

Archived