Turrets Syndrome?

GameOverMan

Hmm. So far the only ones offended by that have been people getting offended on the behalf of others, which is quite the disrespectful thing to do.

Some who are suffering from it have actually spoken up and found it hilarious...

Hmm. So far the only ones offended by that have been people getting offended on the behalf of others, which is quite the disrespectful thing to do.

Some who are suffering from it have actually spoken up and found it hilarious...

I actually have it too, so not sure why you are assuming I am offended or offended on behalf of others. I find it funny, but it a poor taste kind of way.

It's not insensitive at all. It's not like it's called tourettes syndrome. It's in no way mocking the condition, or those with it. Now if they called it tourettes syndrome and it was turrets that fired randomly and the audio they created were random words/curse words then yeah that would be insensitive and offensive. The way it is now is not the case. Perhaps you are just being offended for the sake of being offended? That's how it looks anyways. No offense, but it comes off as faux outrage/possible troll.

People also find stripper zombies a poor taste.

And when was being a stripper a disability or a mental illness?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not insensitive at all. It's not like it's called tourettes syndrome. It's in no way mocking the condition, or those with it. Now if they called it tourettes syndrome and it was turrets that fired randomly and the audio they created were random words/curse words then yeah that would be insensitive and offensive. The way it is now is not the case. Perhaps you are just being offended for the sake of being offended? That's how it looks anyways. No offense, but it comes off as faux outrage/possible troll.

I wasnt outraged I was questioning the though process behind it. But Gazz said he has Tourette Syndrome himself. That changes the dynamic. He has it, and is a dev. So he is making light of it.

Kind of like if you suffered from bi polar and made fun of yourself is one thing. SOmebody without any disability doing it would be another issue altogether.

Since when was a disability or mental illness the deciding factor on whether or not something is offensive? Also tourrettes is not a disability or a mental illness it's classified as a neurological disorder. Big difference there. As someone with tourrettes as you claim, you'd think you'd be aware of and conscious of that difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasnt outraged I was questioning the though process behind it. But Gazz said he has Tourette Syndrome himself. That changes the dynamic. He has it, and is a dev. So he is making light of it.

Kind of like if you suffered from bi polar and made fun of yourself is one thing. SOmebody without any disability doing it would be another issue altogether.

You tried to appear as tho you were tho. If you didn't want to appear as outraged then you wouldn't have wasted the time to make a thread complaining about it. So A. you are outraged, B. You are using faux outrage to troll. So if you are not offended then you simply must be trolling. So by claiming you are not offended you are admitting you are trolling. Also again tourettes syndrome is not a disability it is a neurological disorder. Big difference.

just imagine if the "nerdy glasses" were labelled "4 eyes are better than one", imagine all the people that have to wear glasses getting offended....nope i wont, doubt that would happen either

i think its just overthinking and looking for a reason to be offended

Since when was a disability or mental illness the deciding factor on whether or not something is offensive? Also tourrettes is not a disability or a mental illness it's classified as a neurological disorder. Big difference there. As someone with tourrettes as you claim, you'd think you'd be aware of and conscious of that difference.

Do some more research on it. I am not going to get into a tit for tat debate over it. I merely asked a question, one of the devs said that he has Tourette's Syndrome, that is good enough for me.

People also find stripper zombies a poor taste.

I find smoking disgusting, yet I don't see smoke companies just packing up and leaving, nor a singular person putting down a single smoke down for me.

Don't like it?

Don't play it.

Pimps may be as slow as internet explorer, but I do give them credit for literally not giving a ♥♥♥♥.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know you had to be disabled to be allowed make a joke.

Dude it's not like the perk description berates you for being sub human, literally the only element connecting the syndrome with the perk is that they sound very similar, it's a pun. A harmless pun. The joke is "haha this disease and this automated gun sound similar". That's it.

Do some more research on it. I am not going to get into a tit for tat debate over it. I merely asked a question, one of the devs said that he has Tourette's Syndrome, that is good enough for me.

So would we have to #cancelthefunpimps all over twitter if, gasp, none of the devs had that particular ailment? The horror!

Why does it matter if the dev has tourettes syndrome? So your basically saying if he didnt have it then it would be offensive?

That's like saying the game cant have killable black zombies unless TFP has at least one black developer to make it not racist. That's a very identitarian way of looking at the world.

At least we now figured out how to make people not offended by the stripper zombie... One of the developers has to moonlight as a stripper. I think it should be madmole. He could call himself "Mad-Pole" and claim that everyone who has a problem with the strippers is bigoted toward sex-workers lol

OP: *asks question*

Miserable aging forum nerds: "omg you're so sensitive, quit trolling, you're lying about having tourettes, don't make me question things!!!!!!1!"

OP: *asks question*

Miserable aging forum nerds: "omg you're so sensitive, quit trolling, you're lying about having tourettes, don't make me question things!!!!!!1!"

Oof, I felt that desperation through my screen.

This is what happens when you run out of good arguments.

I identify as a saw blade trap, I demand 7 Days to Die be canceled, their Twitter suspended, their website shutdown by the ISP, their Steam entry removed from the store, and further downloads of 7 Days for existing customers on Steam be blocked! This is an outrage!

I have several conditions (not Tourette's, but OCD/POTS), the only stuff I've ever found as "offensive" are jokes/statements that downplay an illness/disrepect the severity of the condition. This doesn't mock, it doesn't suggest that people with Tourette's are something they're not, no harm done.

And frankly, this harmless pun actually ups the "awareness" of the condition a tiny bit (just brings it to mind in this case). That probably doesn't sound ike a big deal, but as someone with a rare health problem I can tell you I'd be thrilled to see puns about POTS.

Guys this is coming across as bullying. Grow up.

Bullying to you maybe, I think these are some perfectly reasonable arguments. I too agree that TFP needs to be shut down, their careless use of intentional misspellings, for example "Grampa's Fergettin' Elixir", harm millions. You do realize that dyslexics exist, right? Clearly anyone who struggles with language comprehension would break down and sob upon seeing that TFP had not only misspelled something in their game--they did it on purpose.

Bullying to you maybe, I think these are some perfectly reasonable arguments. I too agree that TFP needs to be shut down, their careless use of intentional misspellings, for example "Grampa's Fergettin' Elixir", harm millions. You do realize that dyslexics exist, right? Clearly anyone who struggles with language comprehension would break down and sob upon seeing that TFP had not only misspelled something in their game--they did it on purpose.

There is nothing wrong with the points you are making (in fact I agree with most of them), however the OP clearly stated they were ok with the use of words (knowing the context) and yet people were still going on at them. It's the delivery which comes across as bullying.

Are people no longer capable of discussing things without considering the other persons' perspective?

Archived