I hope these issues get fixed in a18 as I am sick of them.

Scyris

So I am playing 17.2 Unmodded, well almost unmodded, I have a reduced encumbrance penalty mod and a 60 slot backpack mod but thats it. I been having some issues in 17.2 that have been especally noticable.

1: Zombie spawning is completly out of whack. I have zombies on blood moon night, teleporting right behind me and beating on me when I am in a enclosed cage, and there is no easy path for them to get to me on a straight path. They just literally teleport right on top of me.

2: Simmlar to #1, I'm in a room in a completly cleared Poi, outside when I look out I see no zombie at all up to clip range, so I start harvesting materials with a wrench, next thing I know a zombie teleports in right smack behind me and almost kills me as it was a lumberjack zombie, and he instastunned me, again, the entire poi and anything outside of it was dead, I could see no zombies right before this happened. This thing tends to happen many times per game, zombies magically spawning behind me when there shouldn't have been any etc.

3: Had a base I was building, only way up to me was to walk a long corridor and go up the stairs, I hear noise down there, and go down to see whats up, somehow the zombie managed to get on top of my bars, without damaging a single block and was just like loitering there. If he came up the stairs, he would have came right up to me, but no he was above on top of the bars by the entrance at ground level.

4: Silencer still does not work, it does literally nothing other than hurt your weapons damage. It never worked in base a17, or 17.1 and still doesn't work in 17.2. Should be changed to not impact weapon damage, just effective range and actually ya know, silence the weapon enough you can actually shoot once or twice without waking up a entire floor.

5: Vultures having the attack speed of a uzi, they still do. They have a habit of getting right in top of you/inside you so your unable to hit them at all.

6: Not an issue but, I'd like it to say "what" i might be coming down with, insted of just a random "You may have a illness thing" more of a QoL thing here, just to give the player time to prepare just incase it sticks.

7: The mobility debuff on armor has got to go, or at least have the skill reduce it to 0 when maxxed. Its bad enough we get slowed for using our inventory slots, stack armor on top of that and the game just feels like a slog as you move so slow. Kinda like skyrim with heavy armor at first it slows you a ton, but by the time you max the skill, its movement reduction ends up nullified.

8: Sound needs to be overhauled, a zombie outside and like 50+ meters away should not hear me wrenching something when I am inside a poi. Even a gun shot should be hard for them to hear from that far away when I am in a poi.

9: More sound issues/qol changes i'd like. I'd like a zombie voice and player sound effect slider, I'd completly mute player sound effects myself or make them extremly low, I find the zombie screeching annoying as all hell when they are beating down a wall or door to get to me. Maybe if we can't have them have a volume slider at least make it so they make the screech MUCH less often.

10: I'd like guns to be quieter, as it is I barely ever use them as it just causes more problems than they solve. Only time I ever do use them is on blood moons, as everything is a gpsing locked on missle then anyway. I've never been able to actually enjoy using the guns in 7dtd. By day 7 I usually have a full stack of most ammo types other than magnum rounds if I been looting alot of poi's, just to give you an idea how little use I find them. This is with me not buying a single round off a trader as well or crafting any. I just don't see a point to a gun in most cases when 1-3 arrows from a bow with its bascally free ammo will do the job and with less hassle of waking other zombies up. If zombies had a much lower chance to stun or didn't randomly teleport behind me and start hitting me i'd probally use them more.

I don't know if the spawning things are put in on purpose to screw over the player or what. They sure sort of feel like they are as its been an issue for a looong time and never seems to actually get fixed. Case your wondering I have 2186 hours played so far, and thats just what steam says for the base game, it doesn't include modded copies I have. If I'd add those in, it'd probally be close to 4k+ hours. Gotta admit, 7dtd is one of the best bangs for the buck i've ever seen in gaming, nothing else on my libary of 350+ games has anywhere near that much playtime.

1: Zombie spawning is completly out of whack. I have zombies on blood moon night, teleporting right behind me and beating on me when I am in a enclosed cage, and there is no easy path for them to get to me on a straight path. They just literally teleport right on top of me.

I had a bear glitch through a fence once (probably a problem of its size), but apart from that can't prove a single zombie teleporting incident. And that's the problem. To fix bugs they need to reproduce the circumstances. Or at least get as much data as possible to guess at the reason of the bug.

You say "no easy path", but how should they know you didn't miss something? Post pictures of your cage, put your world on a cloud server for download, post the logfile of the incident, and all that in the bug forum.

If you can't do this for any reason, you have to hope that someone else sees the same bug and does the work or their internal testers stumble on this bug themselves.

I don't know if the spawning things are put in on purpose to screw over the player or what. They sure sort of feel like they are as its been an issue for a looong time and never seems to actually get fixed.

AFAIK they say their testers and Fataal don't see any teleporting zombies. Without any data they can't do much about it. Even if they just believed you unconditionally.

There is one known case of teleporting zombies that happens to occur if you exit a sleeper volume in the middle of clearing it and later return. Then sleepers can spawn in already cleared locations. This issue seems to be fixed in the next iteration (A17.3 or A18) according to Fataal. But I don't think you are talking about this one.

Another thought: Are you often below 20 frames per second? 7d2d internal time runs at 20 steps per second, if your CPU goes below that it might generate strange conditions, maybe even teleporting zombies.

I had a bear glitch through a fence once (probably a problem of its size), but apart from that can't prove a single zombie teleporting incident. And that's the problem. To fix bugs they need to reproduce the circumstances. Or at least get as much data as possible to guess at the reason of the bug.

You say "no easy path", but how should they know you didn't miss something? Post pictures of your cage, put your world on a cloud server for download, post the logfile of the incident, and all that in the bug forum.

If you can't do this for any reason, you have to hope that someone else sees the same bug and does the work or their internal testers stumble on this bug themselves.

AFAIK they say their testers and Fataal don't see any teleporting zombies. Without any data they can't do much about it. Even if they just believed you unconditionally.

There is one known case of teleporting zombies that happens to occur if you exit a sleeper volume in the middle of clearing it and later return. Then sleepers can spawn in already cleared locations. This issue seems to be fixed in the next iteration (A17.3 or A18) according to Fataal. But I don't think you are talking about this one.

Another thought: Are you often below 20 frames per second? 7d2d internal time runs at 20 steps per second, if your CPU goes below that it might generate strange conditions, maybe even teleporting zombies.

Naw, my game runs at pretty much steady 60 fps, its probally higher if I'd turn vsync off too. As for the teleporting zombies someone said they seen a lets play video where on horde night 2 of the zombies literally spawned inside/teleported into the players kill cage, that had no way for them to get in without busting the door. Just appeared right behind this player and was beating on him second horde night started.

As for me, its usually:

me: OK poi is clear, I see no zombies outside the poi in sight range (aka clip range), should be safe to loot right? I start to loot, then next thing I know I am being hit from behind by a zombie that had no way of being there as the entire poi was cleared, and there was no zombies outside. Even better is when I busted a door to get in by I replaced said door, yet still zombie somehow teleported behind me without touching that door.

Naw, my game runs at pretty much steady 60 fps, its probally higher if I'd turn vsync off too. As for the teleporting zombies someone said they seen a lets play video where on horde night 2 of the zombies literally spawned inside/teleported into the players kill cage, that had no way for them to get in without busting the door. Just appeared right behind this player and was beating on him second horde night started.

As for me, its usually:

me: OK poi is clear, I see no zombies outside the poi in sight range (aka clip range), should be safe to loot right? I start to loot, then next thing I know I am being hit from behind by a zombie that had no way of being there as the entire poi was cleared, and there was no zombies outside. Even better is when I busted a door to get in by I replaced said door, yet still zombie somehow teleported behind me without touching that door.

I'd suggest trying to reproduce that on a clean install (no mods). I played a fair bit of A17 during its earlier releases and never once saw a teleporting zombie. As meganoth has said though, if you can arrive at some re-producible steps, then definitely bug report it, cause it would be a good one to fix.

If the lets-player didn't make a bug report, chances are good TFP testers or developers never heard about it. Also the log file is probably long gone, we don't know how many mods were installed, ... Still, a video may help to show the circumstances.

As for me, its usually:

me: OK poi is clear, I see no zombies outside the poi in sight range (aka clip range), should be safe to loot right? I start to loot, then next thing I know I am being hit from behind by a zombie that had no way of being there as the entire poi was cleared, and there was no zombies outside.

That sounds like the teleporting sleeper thing I talked about. It would mean the poi wasn't really clear, maybe you didn't wake a zombie somewhere in a closet or a hiding place in the ceiling or overlooked a small room somewhere. When you reenter the house this zombie might be reshuffled to a different place, one you thought definitely empty, while the original hiding place of the zombie is empty now.

Even better is when I busted a door to get in by I replaced said door, yet still zombie somehow teleported behind me without touching that door.

Sleeper zombies get spawned preferably when you are not looking at the spot they spawn at. If the room is divided into two sleeper volumes the sleeper might spawn too late, maybe !??.

This might be a bug only happening in specific rooms of specific pois. If you find one, write down exactly where you entered, what you did, where the zombie came from... . And save the log file, your location, the world seed.... This might suffice for reproducing or evaluating the problem.

Generally TFP needs to find a balance with spawning speed and range. Spawing too fast might mean lots of CPU work if you just drive through beside houses, spawning too slow might make events like above possible. TFP might never eradicate the problem altogether with the current sleeper system, but they can at least improve it.

I have never posted a bug or glitch but always wondered what the exact vanilla requirement is. I can see if third party mods are used or if you go into the xml file and "tweak" your game, but could you also send in a bug report if you changed your game by using the available menu options. For example, if you changed your daylight hours or amount of zombies with the in game menus, does it still count as vanilla and still allow you to post a glitch or bug.

Vanilla is vanilla no matter what setting/option you use from the menu. That's obvious not?

I wouldn't have asked if it was that obvious. Changing every option in the game even by using the menu changes the game in my opinion. That is why I was wondering if they rather you played pure vanilla. From what I recall even making some menu choices puts your server in the modded section.

I wouldn't have asked if it was that obvious. Changing every option in the game even by using the menu changes the game in my opinion. That is why I was wondering if they rather you played pure vanilla. From what I recall even making some menu choices puts your server in the modded section.

I don't see a separation between modded and vanilla servers.

As for mods I use, its these: 60 slot backpack, lowered encumbrance penalty from invetory (I bascally make it 0, as i hate being penalized for using my inv space.) and halfed encumbrance for armor modlet if I can figure out how to make one with xpath. Also a UI mod to show food/water/temp on screen.

Might remake the encumbrance mod and just make one that sets carryweight to whatever many slots I have once I figure out how.

Altering options through the in-game menu isn't an issue. The general requirement for bug reports is that the problem occur with no mods loaded, since the mod itself could be the source of the problem. So, if you find something, with no mods loaded, then I woldn't worry about the fact that you might have set in-game options off default, but you definitely should list the in-game settings you used, as they may well help the QA Testers reproduce it, and TFP hunt it down and kill it.

Altering options through the in-game menu isn't an issue. The general requirement for bug reports is that the problem occur with no mods loaded, since the mod itself could be the source of the problem. So, if you find something, with no mods loaded, then I woldn't worry about the fact that you might have set in-game options off default, but you definitely should list the in-game settings you used, as they may well help the QA Testers reproduce it, and TFP hunt it down and kill it.

Thank you. That was the kind of answer I was looking for and was understable

2: Simmlar to #1, I'm in a room in a completly cleared Poi, outside when I look out I see no zombie at all up to clip range, so I start harvesting materials with a wrench, next thing I know a zombie teleports in right smack behind me and almost kills me as it was a lumberjack zombie, and he instastunned me, again, the entire poi and anything outside of it was dead, I could see no zombies right before this happened. This thing tends to happen many times per game, zombies magically spawning behind me when there shouldn't have been any etc.

This. I call it delayed spawn, and it make me crazy every time because of two things - Zeds totally silent until hit you, and they ALWAYS spawn behind you. And in all cases POI was DEFINITELY CLEANED in stealth mode. But then, when I start lets say run, or dismantle something, sound trigger additional spawn, and always behind me.

4: Silencer still does not work, it does literally nothing other than hurt your weapons damage. It never worked in base a17, or 17.1 and still doesn't work in 17.2. Should be changed to not impact weapon damage, just effective range and actually ya know, silence the weapon enough you can actually shoot once or twice without waking up a entire floor.

It worked... but now it's just a piece of useless crap. I checked XML files, it reduces noise range by 25% only, so for pistol it decrease from 14 to 11 or 10 meters, and for sniper rifle from 60 to 45 meters

This. I call it delayed spawn, and it make me crazy every time because of two things - Zeds totally silent until hit you, and they ALWAYS spawn behind you. And in all cases POI was DEFINITELY CLEANED in stealth mode. But then, when I start lets say run, or dismantle something, sound trigger additional spawn, and always behind me.

It worked... but now it's just a piece of useless crap. I checked XML files, it reduces noise range by 25% only, so for pistol it decrease from 14 to 11 or 10 meters, and for sniper rifle from 60 to 45 meters

Where do you find that in the xml's? I looked under silencer in item_modifiers but that just seems to be its position. Found it in sounds, The silencer reduces pistol sound range to 4 blocks (from 10 base or so) it seems, and volume from 120 down to 30. Stuff like the sniper is still loud, but, it lowers the sound range to 20 blocks compared to its base sound range of 60. So using it outside would draw a lot less attention. Adding the agi tree noise reduction perk, assuming it works on gunfire/weapon sounds as well as I am not sure if it does... Does it?

Maybe it's a matter of playstyle you're doing. I usually stealth my way through a POI (or a floor if it's a skyscraper) and then run around checking containers and still looking around ready to melee. Sometimes i "clean the shelves" on the go, but not early game as that generates sound also.

The problem might also be that (as far as i understand the config files), there may be less sleepers generated at the start than the total number in a POI. This means that when you make the first sweep and kill everything, some Zs will spawn after a set time. I'm 80% sure there are some delay settings for sleepers too, just like for wandering/bloodmoon hordes.

I have occasionally noticed what seems to be a spawning/teleporting issue as well. However, I can't say for certain since it happens rarely and sometimes I can't be sure that the zombie didn't amble in and I failed to notice. That said there have been a couple of times where it seemed to be a spawning issue without a doubt.

Once was on a second story building without any of the drop ceilings where zombies hide. The bathroom was the last room I needed to clear, cleared it, left, and then realized in the hallway that I had forgotten to loot to the medicine cabinet. I turned back around just in time to see a zombie seemingly drop next to the sink. Killed him and checked the roof. The there was no hole for him to fall through.

I too second the sliders on sound. The biggest reason that I don't use the auger is because it's volume and noise gives me a headache lol.

I have occasionally noticed what seems to be a spawning/teleporting issue as well. However, I can't say for certain since it happens rarely and sometimes I can't be sure that the zombie didn't amble in and I failed to notice. That said there have been a couple of times where it seemed to be a spawning issue without a doubt.

Once was on a second story building without any of the drop ceilings where zombies hide. The bathroom was the last room I needed to clear, cleared it, left, and then realized in the hallway that I had forgotten to loot to the medicine cabinet. I turned back around just in time to see a zombie seemingly drop next to the sink. Killed him and checked the roof. The there was no hole for him to fall through.

I too second the sliders on sound. The biggest reason that I don't use the auger is because it's volume and noise gives me a headache lol.

That was my reason in a16, my fix for the auger was to remove the sound entries entirely, I made it silent. I don't use the auger in a17 because its block damage is so pathethic that its just a waste of gas to use it. Once you get sex t-rex to like level 3 or 4 you can swing a steel pickaxe pretty much all day, doing about 4-5 times the block dmg a auger can do per swing. The devs kinda nerfed the auger into the ground.

Where do you find that in the xml's? I looked under silencer in item_modifiers but that just seems to be its position. Found it in sounds, The silencer reduces pistol sound range to 4 blocks (from 10 base or so) it seems, and volume from 120 down to 30. Stuff like the sniper is still loud, but, it lowers the sound range to 20 blocks compared to its base sound range of 60. So using it outside would draw a lot less attention. Adding the agi tree noise reduction perk, assuming it works on gunfire/weapon sounds as well as I am not sure if it does... Does it?

<effect_group tiered="false">
		<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.2">
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Item" min_max="1,100" operation="LTE" value="80"/>
		</passive_effect>
		<passive_effect name="DamageFalloffRange" operation="perc_add" value="-.25">
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Item" min_max="1,100" operation="LTE" value="80"/>
		</passive_effect>
		<passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="perc_add" value="-.25">
		</passive_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfHoldingItemCreated" action="AttachPrefabToHeldItem" prefab="Items/Mods/Barrels/SilencerPrefab" parent_transform="Attachments/Barrel"/>
		<!-- stealth/noise stuff here -->
	</effect_group>

I was wrong, guess I saw noise reduction in some modded xml files. But in official files we may find only next - "<!-- stealth/noise stuff here -->" - Developers add debuffs, but forgot about noise reduction...

Archived