A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

Hey all,

after some time I decided to try these mods again, this time on my older PC (my main PC is currently being repaired). I ran into some issues. I was trying to install Wandering traders, NPCs and Bandits through 7D2D Mod Launcher and I got some errors:

Scanning for Harmony
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
Scanning for Scripts
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
Scanning for PatchScripts
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
DMT Scripts Detected.
Downloading DMT...
SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
Starting SDX Launcher: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods
0|Parsing arguments
0|Auto Build
process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods
Parsing arguments
Running BackupFiles
Backup dll found: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\SDXRepos/Backups/SP/18.3b3/Assembly-CSharp.dll
Running DeployDlls
Deploying DLLs
Running LocalisationPatch
Localisation no longer handled in DMT after A17
Running InitialPatchTask
Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
Built patch file in 1927ms
PatchMods compile successful
Found patcher mods: 3

Hooking console commands
Running CreateModDll
Compiling Mods.dll...
Built in 2498ms
c:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\MusicBoxes\MusicBox.cs(121,40): error CS0117: 'GUI_2.UIUtils' does not contain a definition for 'GetKeybindString'
c:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\Blocks\BlockMortSpawner.cs(187,9): error CS0023: Operator '!' cannot be applied to operand of type 'Block.DestroyedResult'
Failed to compile Mods.dll
Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0
Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -popupwindow -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml 
Game Started

I also tried to build it manually with DMT tool directly (the one that was automatically downloaded by Mod Launcher), but it failed there as well. I'm out of ideas, please help!

Hey all,

after some time I decided to try these mods again, this time on my older PC (my main PC is currently being repaired). I ran into some issues. I was trying to install Wandering traders, NPCs and Bandits through 7D2D Mod Launcher and I got some errors:

Scanning for Harmony
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
Scanning for Scripts
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
Scanning for PatchScripts
C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
DMT Scripts Detected.
Downloading DMT...
SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
Starting SDX Launcher: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods
0|Parsing arguments
0|Auto Build
process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods
Parsing arguments
Running BackupFiles
Backup dll found: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\SDXRepos/Backups/SP/18.3b3/Assembly-CSharp.dll
Running DeployDlls
Deploying DLLs
Running LocalisationPatch
Localisation no longer handled in DMT after A17
Running InitialPatchTask
Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
Built patch file in 1927ms
PatchMods compile successful
Found patcher mods: 3

Hooking console commands
Running CreateModDll
Compiling Mods.dll...
Built in 2498ms
c:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\MusicBoxes\MusicBox.cs(121,40): error CS0117: 'GUI_2.UIUtils' does not contain a definition for 'GetKeybindString'
c:\7D2D\Alpha18\My_Mods\PotatoFun\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts\Blocks\BlockMortSpawner.cs(187,9): error CS0023: Operator '!' cannot be applied to operand of type 'Block.DestroyedResult'
Failed to compile Mods.dll
Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0
Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -popupwindow -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml 
Game Started

I also tried to build it manually with DMT tool directly (the one that was automatically downloaded by Mod Launcher), but it failed there as well. I'm out of ideas, please help!

You are on 18.3, and the Core is compatible with 18.2.

Here is the 18.3 branch for the Core: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha18.3

You are on 18.3, and the Core is compatible with 18.2.

Here is the 18.3 branch for the Core: https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha18.3

Thank you very much for quick reply! That makes sense, but is there any way I could do this conveniently through Mod Launcher, or must I download these and install manually through DMT? If Launcher can do the trick for me, that would be awesome!

Thank you very much for quick reply! That makes sense, but is there any way I could do this conveniently through Mod Launcher, or must I download these and install manually through DMT? If Launcher can do the trick for me, that would be awesome!

No, I don't have the unstable hooked into it, as it could lead to confusion. You could turn off Refresh Mods Automatically, and delete the two files its complaining about, and the NPCs should still work.

Sphereii, I ran into another issue and this is the first time I've seen it. It's probably unrelated to these mods or Mod Launcher, but still I don't know how to fix it. :(

When I install mods through Mod Launcher successfully and start the game, for some reason it's always trying to load previous world that I played before, if it finds it (if I allow it to use my default profile from unmodded game), it automatically loads into the world that I played in unmodded game. If there's no previous world (for example if it's a fresh local save directory), it just shows me the empty world list (continue game list) and when I hit Back button, game instantly exits. If I delete the local save directory completely, it starts by asking me to create a new profile, which is fine, but then it asks me to choose the world (continue game list) which is again empty and clicking Back button again exits the game, there's no way to get into main menu and start a new game! Do you know how to fix that?

Sphereii, I ran into another issue and this is the first time I've seen it. It's probably unrelated to these mods or Mod Launcher, but still I don't know how to fix it. :(

When I install mods through Mod Launcher successfully and start the game, for some reason it's always trying to load previous world that I played before, if it finds it (if I allow it to use my default profile from unmodded game), it automatically loads into the world that I played in unmodded game. If there's no previous world (for example if it's a fresh local save directory), it just shows me the empty world list (continue game list) and when I hit Back button, game instantly exits. If I delete the local save directory completely, it starts by asking me to create a new profile, which is fine, but then it asks me to choose the world (continue game list) which is again empty and clicking Back button again exits the game, there's no way to get into main menu and start a new game! Do you know how to fix that?

Turn off your scroll lock :)

Ok, you caught me using my scroll lock on, but ... What? Is this an actual fix or a joke? LOL

It's a personal modding feature that's in the 0-SphereIICore. I should disable it, as it does lead to confusion.

During testing, I'm on a variety of different computers, and multi-tasking. Often times, I'll click on build, and walk away. Leaving my scroll lock lets me build, auto-start, and load my last world, which can sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes.

It's a personal modding feature that's in the 0-SphereIICore. I should disable it, as it does lead to confusion.

During testing, I'm on a variety of different computers, and multi-tasking. Often times, I'll click on build, and walk away. Leaving my scroll lock lets me build, auto-start, and load my last world, which can sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes.

Oh! Thanks for explaining, I see. I thought it was some kind of joke or a game bug. It's totally fine if it helps you test, I'm fine with it, it's just that I wasn't aware of it and wasn't sure where to ask for help lol. What a bizarre fix though lol. I was already planning to recommend TFP to add a statement into minimum requirements for the game to start which would say "Scroll Lock must be turned off" lol. It reminds me of another player who made a funny note about game progression, can't remember his exact words, but it was something like: "You have to kill zombies to learn how to boil an egg" lol, so now we have: "You have to turn off your scroll lock to play the game!" :p Oh man, thanks for help, you're my hero! :D

I've been digging into this more, and I'm pretty sure the issue is with the C# code. It's too technical to go into here, so I sent a PM to SphereII with my findings.

Just so everyone knows: this is now fixed in the latest version of SphereIICore.

If you want to add NPCs to sleeper volumes, add this to their entity classes:

<property name="SleeperInstantAwake" value="true" />

They will spawn in active and wandering around.

Hi, I have a18.2 latest stable and I installed the mod with its dependencies and it plays well if i start a new game everything seems to work fine i can import NPC's and order them around etc BUT if i start a previously saved game it stops loading at "loading game data" and i have to manually close it but when i remove the mods from the mod folder it works fine again, just no npc.

any idea what could be causing this?

Hi, I have a18.2 latest stable and I installed the mod with its dependencies and it plays well if i start a new game everything seems to work fine i can import NPC's and order them around etc BUT if i start a previously saved game it stops loading at "loading game data" and i have to manually close it but when i remove the mods from the mod folder it works fine again, just no npc.

any idea what could be causing this?

Without a log, it could be tough to diagnose. This was a vanilla save? The NPCs bring in the 0-SphereIICore for the functionality to work, and it's probably not save-game safe.

yes it is vanilla saved from a day ago so its the same version. I've tried a few things like re-installing the game from steam and re-installing the DMT and mods from scratch but its the same thing no matter what i try. I'm thinking not ready for a18 game saves too. Oh well would have been nice to have some company in my SP game lol guess i'll have to wait a while.

NPC request: hank hill and homer simpson.

Source: renderhub:

hank-hill-01.jpg

Hank Hill 3D Model

Model: Hank Hill 3D Model

Media Type: 3D Model

Geometry: Quads/Tris

Polygon Count: 16,864

Vertice Count: 8,436

Textures: Yes

Materials: Yes

Rigged: Yes

Animated: No

UV Mapped: Yes

Unwrapped UV's: Yes Unknown

Textures formats: TGA

Features:

- Hank Hill is basic rigged and greatly detailed

File formats:

- FBX (Multi Format)

Every model has been checked with the required software.

If you would like to request a model or If the price is to high offer me a price for this or any other model just contact me. Also If you would like me to work on a project for you I'd be happy to work something out. Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this product :)

Source: cgtrader:

homer-simpson-3d-model-rigged-blend.jpg

3d model details

Publish date 2019-08-18

Model ID #2067667

Animated No

Rigged Yes

VR / AR / Low-poly No

PBR No

Geometry -

Polygons 0

Vertices -

Textures Yes

Materials Yes

UV Mapping No

Unwrapped UVs Unknown

Plugins used Yes

I hope someone helps fulfill your request. I have a list of existing entities I need to port over to the new system, and a few additional demonstration entities like some Mechs so likely will not be able to make these for you guys.

I hope someone helps fulfill your request. I have a list of existing entities I need to port over to the new system, and a few additional demonstration entities like some Mechs so likely will not be able to make these for you guys.

Do you mean the vanilla version of the mod? I saw Guppy's video and I must say I was surprised, I didn't expect you could push it this far in vanilla, but what about the features like follow, guard, etc? Are they already in, or is that something we will have to wait for little longer? Also, how about the randomized look of spawned characters? Is that planned too?

Do you mean the vanilla version of the mod? I saw Guppy's video and I must say I was surprised, I didn't expect you could push it this far in vanilla, but what about the features like follow, guard, etc? Are they already in, or is that something we will have to wait for little longer? Also, how about the randomized look of spawned characters? Is that planned too?

The goal of the Characterpack mod was full feature vanilla entity function and EAC compatibility. Features beyond that will need to remain in this DMT version as code is required. This DMT version will be re-baselined on these new entity models so they will move smoother and have ragdolls etc. When thats complete we plan on adding many new features to the DMT version of the NPCs. The bandit mod will be eliminated as bandits will be avilable in both the CharacterPack modlet and the NPC DMT modlet.

Today we tested a method that will allow easy reskinning of Characterpack vanilla entities, so modders will be able to remove beards, replace hats, etc. through vanilla material overlays. That combined with spawning these with any weapon in hand should allow a huge amount of character variety just through xml edits.

I recall your previous comment expressing doubt that the CharacterPack mods functionality could be done, and I'm glad I was able to surprise you after all.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

The goal of this mod was full feature vanilla entity function and EAC compatibility. Features beyond that will need to remain in the DMT version as code is required. The DMT version will be re-baselined on these new entity models so they will move smoother and have ragdolls etc. When thats complete we plan on adding many new features to the DMT version of the NPCs.

I recall your previous comment expressing doubt this mods functionality could be done, and I'm glad I was able to surprise you after all.

In that case, I guess I will have to stick with DMT? But can we somehow get best of the both worlds? Like animals and other characters (like those baker bandits and such) in DMT version too?

In that case, I guess I will have to stick with DMT? But can we somehow get best of the both worlds? Like animals and other characters (like those baker bandits and such) in DMT version too?

See my revised post above.

Today we tested a method that will allow easy reskinning of Characterpack vanilla entities, so modders will be able to remove beards, replace hats, etc. through vanilla material overlays. That combined with spawning these with any weapon in hand should allow a huge amount of character variety just through xml edits.

Please tell me you can make this work in DMT version too.

Anything that can be done in vanilla can be done better in DMT so yes.

I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't mind if we had to combine both mods to get all the features from both, but you already mentioned possible incompatibility issues. I hope that both mods will be able to work together one day. Those extra characters from the character pack and animals would be cool too.

I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't mind if we had to combine both mods to get all the features from both, but you already mentioned possible incompatibility issues. I hope that both mods will be able to work together one day. Those extra characters from the character pack and animals would be cool too.

I dont think you understand yet how this will all work. Think of the character pack as a pool of characters with enough xml for them to get into the game. Then modders will make other modlets that will load xml that will reference the characters in the pack and make them work in game as that modder desires. Those can be xpath vanillla compatible modlets or full overhaul mods. The DMT modders also will reference the characters in the pack, but DMT will allow the characters additional functionality that only new C# code can provide. So you can have a basic survivor in vanilla who uses just the vanilla AI or with DMT that very same character from the pack can also be hired and follow the player. Is that clearer?