A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

So, I just noticed this in the A18.4 exp bug fixes:

Junk Turret also respects party members that are not allies

Do you think this might fix the bug where turrets target hired NPCs? (Even if the turrets don't damage the NPCs, it still wastes ammo, and breaks immersion.)

So, I just noticed this in the A18.4 exp bug fixes:

Do you think this might fix the bug where turrets target hired NPCs? (Even if the turrets don't damage the NPCs, it still wastes ammo, and breaks immersion.)

Doubt it. The NPCs are not in your party. On the list to resolve at some point though.

Did you guys change max health of NPCs from 800 to 200, or is it just my mod list that broke something again? I currently have max health of 200 on NPCs and they seem to die pretty fast now. If it was a change done in the mod itself, how can I change it to something less lethal for them, alternatively is there something I can do to keep them healthy? Medkits, bandages in their inventory, stuff like that?

That was likely me, I don't care much for bullet sponges, but since we are rapidly changing their code which effects there offense and defense ability I have no idea the right values yet. I think 200 is a good number as long as they have decent offense to end battles quickly so they can heal back, and some armor to mitigate damage.

If you have balanced xml, do let me know.

That was likely me, I don't care much for bullet sponges, but since we are rapidly changing their code which effects there offense and defense ability I have no idea the right values yet. I think 200 is a good number as long as they have decent offense to end battles quickly so they can heal back, and some armor to mitigate damage.

If you have balanced xml, do let me know.

Um, I would love to help you find the right sweet spot in the balance, but you still didn't tell me which values to change in the first place, because I would hate to break something! :D

EDIT:

Also, I think these values should change depending on server difficulty. I think even 800 points of health wouldn't be enough on Nomad difficulty, not to mention if someone decides to play with mods that increase zombie spawns like me! I'm having hard time to defend myself, I can't defend all of these poor NPCs too. :p

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

I think in general they have under powered weapons, I think they should kill a zed in 3 hits, but Im guessing it takes them 10+ They are alive so should target better than the AI allows. I can look at adjusting.

Thanks! Also, I don't mind stronger bandits. In fact, I was unable to find them until I reached more dangerous place like wasteland biome, I don't know why, but then again I met Eve and killed her in couple of hits, she wasn't even able to scratch me. I'm not sure if that's intentional, but her shooting really sucks lol. Zombies at Nomad difficulty posed a bigger threat than bandit Eve with rifle.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Hello, I've been attempting to run this mod all day and, I've successfully run it but, the problem is that whenever a friend joins the game or the dedicated server it'll give an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" in the command prompt from f1. Both players have the mod installed.

This only happens when an interact able AI NPC appear near someone who joined the game. The host will have no issues. On a dedicated server it does the same. Whenever this happens the player cannot jump or move too far of a distance or they'll fall off the map. If a player died while this error is occurring they will not respawn when this happens the only solution is to either kick the player or close the game. The game will return to normal as long as the interact able AI's are gone. Is there a fix to this?

Hey Xyth and Sphereii,

I think I found a major bug. My NPC fell off the world and didn't teleport back, which most likely means it's lost forever. I assumed that this is what happened after catching this in the console:

6ipgRTt.png

ID 3734 was my hired NPCAmmo. Is there some kind of cheat to teleport him back to me? I guess there isn't. :(

Hey Xyth and Sphereii,

I think I found a major bug. My NPC fell off the world and didn't teleport back, which most likely means it's lost forever. I assumed that this is what happened after catching this in the console:

6ipgRTt.png

ID 3734 was my hired NPCAmmo. Is there some kind of cheat to teleport him back to me? I guess there isn't. :(

Do you know why it fell off? Sometimes logging off would work.

Do you know why it fell off? Sometimes logging off would work.

I have no idea. I was driving motorcycle and I was on the way back to the base, he was teleporting to me and I had to stop couple of times to check his health, because sometimes he thought the best place to teleport to was right under the wheels, so he kinda ragdolled couple of times, but surprisingly he survived my awesome driving skills so his health was fine and I kept moving, but suddenly he stopped teleporting. Probably just when I passed the bridge across the river, so I turned around and went back to find him, I kept checking the map and the world and he was gone. No mark on the map, no presence in the visible world. At that point I checked the console and found the message I sent you.

Right now the team is building out the creaturepacks, which the NPC mod pulls characters from. Soon we will enable those characters in the NPC mod but we are actively making code changes to the NPCs so it might be a few more weeks. DarkStarDragon might add the hunter back to the creature pack but thats up to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Pushed new version. Focus is on creating a universal Humanoid controller that supports all weapons and walktypes. This version used the farmer and nurse as test entities, they should be able to use rifles, pistols, melee weapon or unarmed. Bow and Xbow are a WIP and do not work yet. Read the xml for clues if you plan to mod off this.

Hey guys, I hired an NPC and then I got killed and respawned on my bed. The NPC did not teleport to me, the backpack I dropped was pretty near, so I ran back to get my stuff, but I couldn't see my hired NPC anywhere. He was gone. I'm pretty sure he wasn't killed because he was kinda OP at that time and I didn't see any console report about his death either.

Uploaded a new version of NPCs. Fixed the aiming, as they were actually hitting themselves more than their targets. The are very accurate now, may need adjusting but let me know. Added in a Farmer with an xbow. Walking backwards is smoother. Known Issue, weapon disappears after melee, but reappears when the NPC finds a new target.

Uploaded a new version of NPCs. Fixed the aiming, as they were actually hitting themselves more than their targets. The are very accurate now, may need adjusting but let me know. Added in a Farmer with an xbow. Walking backwards is smoother. Known Issue, weapon disappears after melee, but reappears when the NPC finds a new target.

Maybe it's just me, but in this latest version I was watching an NPC vs zombie for a while and the most damage that NPC was able to inflict to that zombie was when he got close and started hitting him with his rifle. I remember these guys were pretty good at shooting before, I don't know what happened to them, but I hope you will get there again. Also, DMT NPCs and vanilla creature humans are not too good at fighting crawlers, no matter if they go hand to hand or shoot from distance.

I just pushed a new version that enable longbows on the controller. Based on my testing this version and the prior one they almost never miss, where previous versions they seldom hit. You likely have an older build. Post your CC and NPC versions when you see errors if possible. Thanks!

• xyth locked this topic