A19 NPCs DMT Mod

xyth

So I guess I was unlucky and missed the window. Is there a way to synchronize manually? I know there is that "Pre-Sync Mod" button, but I guess that didn't really help, because I clicked it before starting the game for the first time.

I re-indexed. Should be current now.

Hi

If use the NoTraders: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?137839-MODLET-No-Traders-(A18)

Can I still have NPC traders walking alone in the map? I would like that, because I want to have trades options only with your NPC mod.

PS:

The no trader change: rwgmixer.xml

with

<!-- Remove traders from wildernessGroup -->

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=wildernessGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_05]"/>

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=wildernessGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_04]"/>

... (etc)

AND

<!-- Remove traders from traderGroup -->

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=traderGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_01]"/>

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=traderGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_02]"/>

... (etc)

Edited by Hayran (see edit history)

Hi

If use the NoTraders: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?137839-MODLET-No-Traders-(A18)

Can I still have NPC traders walking alone in the map? I would like that, because I want to have trades options only with your NPC mod.

PS:

The no trader change: rwgmixer.xml

with

<!-- Remove traders from wildernessGroup -->

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=wildernessGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_05]"/>

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=wildernessGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_04]"/>

... (etc)

AND

<!-- Remove traders from traderGroup -->

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=traderGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_01]"/>

<remove xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name=traderGroup]/prefab[@name=settlement_trader_02]"/>

... (etc)

Yes, hes removing the trader buildings and the traders in those. Mine will still wander around.

@xyth

I noticed that if i'm driving and passing by zombies, the hired npc ai will attack them.

And for some reason, the "Auto-teleporting to me if im far away for them" stop working.

They will only teleport to me if their intended target is dead.

Sometimes they would target zombies in buildings im passing by and most buildings are bloackaded so they will be hitting walls. And if i dont stop and kill the zombies, the ai will never teleport back to me and its difficult to find where they are at after.

Somehow is it possible to teleport hired ai to me that are following me no matter what?

Because of this, if i hire like 10 ai, all 10 of them will "Disappear" When im driving. AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. They can still be found at well...wherever the hell their "target" zombies are. Even after the zombies are dead, they will wander around the area until i talk to them and ask them to follow me again.

I Changed:

Blocks.xml

<!-- Buff to keep the NPCs close by. thenumber in the ( ) is the range -->

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="buffHomePoint(3)"/>

entityclasses.xml

<property name="SightRange" value="3"/>

<property name="AttackIndexes" value="3" />

<property name="AIPathCostScale" value=".9, 1"/>

<property name="AITask-1" value="BreakBlock"/>

<property name="AITask-2" value="Territorial"/>

<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity,0" />

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndFollowTargetSDX, Mods" data="incentives=Leader"/>

<property name="AITask-5" value="PatrolSDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-6" value="MaslowLevel1SDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-7" value="Look"/>

<property name="AITask-8" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-9" value="" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurtSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity"/>

<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfLeaderAttackedSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity"/>

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetNearestEnemySDX, Mods" data="class=Entity,3"/>

I don't know what im doing though

Edited by kiyokundio25
Added xml changes as reference,reduced values (see edit history)

@xyth

I noticed that if i'm driving and passing by zombies, the hired npc ai will attack them.

And for some reason, the "Auto-teleporting to me if im far away for them" stop working.

They will only teleport to me if their intended target is dead.

Sometimes they would target zombies in buildings im passing by and most buildings are bloackaded so they will be hitting walls. And if i dont stop and kill the zombies, the ai will never teleport back to me and its difficult to find where they are at after.

Somehow is it possible to teleport hired ai to me that are following me no matter what?

Because of this, if i hire like 10 ai, all 10 of them will "Disappear" When im driving. AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. They can still be found at well...wherever the hell their "target" zombies are. Even after the zombies are dead, they will wander around the area until i talk to them and ask them to follow me again.

I Changed:

Blocks.xml

<!-- Buff to keep the NPCs close by. thenumber in the ( ) is the range -->

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="buffHomePoint(3)"/>

entityclasses.xml

<property name="SightRange" value="3"/>

<property name="AttackIndexes" value="3" />

<property name="AIPathCostScale" value=".9, 1"/>

<property name="AITask-1" value="BreakBlock"/>

<property name="AITask-2" value="Territorial"/>

<property name="AITask-3" value="ApproachAndAttackSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity,0" />

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndFollowTargetSDX, Mods" data="incentives=Leader"/>

<property name="AITask-5" value="PatrolSDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-6" value="MaslowLevel1SDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-7" value="Look"/>

<property name="AITask-8" value="WanderSDX, Mods"/>

<property name="AITask-9" value="" />

<property name="AITarget-1" value="SetAsTargetIfHurtSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity"/>

<property name="AITarget-2" value="SetAsTargetIfLeaderAttackedSDX, Mods" data="class=Entity"/>

<property name="AITarget-3" value="SetAsTargetNearestEnemySDX, Mods" data="class=Entity,3"/>

I don't know what im doing though

Have you changed something since the installation of the mod? If you have, that may be the reason why teleport stopped working. What you're describing here reminds me of earlier SDX versions of the mod in which the hired NPCs were pretty stubborn and refused to follow the player until their target was dead. Assuming there wasn't any recent update which changed the behavior, the last version should work as expected.

Have you changed something since the installation of the mod? If you have, that may be the reason why teleport stopped working. What you're describing here reminds me of earlier SDX versions of the mod in which the hired NPCs were pretty stubborn and refused to follow the player until their target was dead. Assuming there wasn't any recent update which changed the behavior, the last version should work as expected.

Er... I'm using whatever 7d2dmodlauncher gave.

All downloaded at 10/2/2020 12.13pm

I only changed what i showed at xml copy/paste. You're correct in a way that i did not encounter this issue before. its all after the problem of npc fall damage. still happening and nothing i can do about it but babysit them. hmm.

I deleted

As a temporary fix.

--------------------------------------

I redownloaded xyth npc from mod launcher and deleted all related previous mods. testing now. only changed npc spawn rate.

Yeah. its happening with the latest version. gonna see if its possible to use an old version of the mods.

Edited by kiyokundio25
give time. xml update. (see edit history)

Just a reminder: There is no code in the NPC modlet. The behaviors you describe all come from the 0-SphereIICore Code. Make sure you have the latest Core loaded as well.

That said, SphereII is coding the next generation of AI behaviors, so the shortcomings of the coming version will be improved in the future builds.

Just a reminder: There is no code in the NPC modlet. The behaviors you describe all come from the 0-SphereIICore Code. Make sure you have the latest Core loaded as well.

That said, SphereII is coding the next generation of AI behaviors, so the shortcomings of the coming version will be improved in the future builds.

Okay my bad, i didn't test fully.

With latest everything manually downloaded from github, there is no issues AS LONG AS hired npc are not PEST.

My previous game i only hired pest npc on purpose and only they give problems. i think its a problem with melee npcs.

Xyth, I'm not sure where to post this, but since I installed the latest updates of your mods, I noticed that the problem with bleeding buff is back. When I get hit by enemy and get the bleeding buff, it instantly disappears like if I healed myself with bandage (minus the bandage effect on health).

This reminds me of the side effect of your old Patch_Entity modlet back in Alpha 17, if you can remember it had the same effect on player.

Okay my bad, i didn't test fully.

With latest everything manually downloaded from github, there is no issues AS LONG AS hired npc are not PEST.

My previous game i only hired pest npc on purpose and only they give problems. i think its a problem with melee npcs.

Pest is one of the few remaining Gen2 entities. They will be replaced soon. The newest releases of the core, as it relates to the NPC characters, is targeting Gen3.

- - - Updated - - -

Xyth, I'm not sure where to post this, but since I installed the latest updates of your mods, I noticed that the problem with bleeding buff is back. When I get hit by enemy and get the bleeding buff, it instantly disappears like if I healed myself with bandage (minus the bandage effect on health).

This reminds me of the side effect of your old Patch_Entity modlet back in Alpha 17, if you can remember it had the same effect on player.

Please be as specific as possible. Does this happen with mod mods loaded besides the creature pack? If so, then add the NPC mods and retest. Not doing it? Then its another mod. If so, its the core.

If you can narrow it down that helps.

Nothing I load in the NPC mod or CreaturePacks would touch the player character beyond

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Please be as specific as possible. Does this happen with mod mods loaded besides the creature pack? If so, then add the NPC mods and retest. Not doing it? Then its another mod. If so, its the core.

If you can narrow it down that helps.

Nothing I load in the NPC mod or CreaturePacks would touch the player character beyond

So far it's been doing it when I get hit by zombies, but I was recently attacked by coyote and that also gave me the bleeding buff, but that one stayed until I used bandage.

I am using creature pack (all packs except fantasy pack) along with NPC mod.

So far it's been doing it when I get hit by zombies, but I was recently attacked by coyote and that also gave me the bleeding buff, but that one stayed until I used bandage.

Not seeing any xml issues, coyote ans zombies have the same bleeding xml. Maybe test without the core.

I would also like to add that it wasn't doing yesterday and today some of your mods were updated so perhaps some change that happened in the last update.

I just added DarkStars zeds, and no changes to the zombiehands in over a week. If you would like to help debug, please follow the steps:

1. Make sure you validate you base game install

2. Empty your mods folder

3. Load the creature packs

Test and record findings

4. load the 0-SphereIICore

Test and record findings

After update of the mod, the game don't gerenerate zombies on the map/building etc. (with this mod only and depedencies).

I have the: "Xyth NPCs", "SphereII NPC Dialog Windows", "0-SphereIICore", "0-CreaturePackHumans".

The 1, 2, 3 4 step check. And "spawn zombies" on menu is YES.

Before the update, the game/mod works fine (with the NPCFarmer crazy lag jumps/superman).

Edited by Hayran (see edit history)

I just added DarkStars zeds, and no changes to the zombiehands in over a week. If you would like to help debug, please follow the steps:

1. Make sure you validate you base game install

2. Empty your mods folder

3. Load the creature packs

Test and record findings

4. load the 0-SphereIICore

Test and record findings

So, I did all of these debug tests and I couldn't reproduce the problem with disappearing bleeding buff. I wanted to apologize as this seems to be really caused by some other mod(s). However knowing it wasn't caused by your mods doesn't really make me feel better, because now I am clueless even more. Could it be some kind of incompatibility with War3zuk Alpha 18 Stable AIO ? This mod adds UMA zombies back to the game and while it makes the game feel less repetitive, I wouldn't want that to break some features. Perhaps it's also worth noting that I actually haven't seen ANY of your newly added zombies with these UMA zombies enabled, maybe that alone is a sign of incompatibilty of some sort. Unfortunately it seems like it's hard coded into the mod, I'm not sure how to disable them.

By the way, during the last debug test, I caught this error in the console (only creature packs, A better life, NPCs and their dependencies installed):

QEeydE6.png

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

Xyth, I wish survivors (both vanilla and DMT NPCs) and bandits were more active, I liked how DMT bandits ran to investigate when they heard sound of fire in the POI. I got ambushed, had to kill zombies in the building and just when I thought it's all over and ran towards the exit, bandit Eve surprised me in the doorway. Stuff like that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

It's a new save :(

I cant reproduce this error. Use all the creaturePacks, and all the requiredNPC modlet, but no thoer modelets, the world spawns zombies fine. I suspect another modlet is breaking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Xyth, I wish survivors (both vanilla and DMT NPCs) and bandits were more active, I liked how DMT bandits ran to investigate when they heard sound of fire in the POI. I got ambushed, had to kill zombies in the building and just when I thought it's all over and ran towards the exit, bandit Eve surprised me in the doorway. Stuff like that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

We can try adding back in the ApproachDistraction task, that might get you the desired effect.

• xyth locked this topic