Seen alot of people not notice immune system perk...

Pichii

Many videos ive seen on the youtubes have issues with some sort of disease-

'feel something coming on' and I just wanted to put some info out there so hopefully people can understand a lil better.

The immune system perk that gives 10% disease resistance per point has a hidden mechanic in the code in the XMLs.

Every 45s, you have a 1% chance per point to immediately cure any disease you are afflicted with.

Another thing is that Near Death Experience is actually classified as a disease in the game code.

Combining this info, if you use this perk, you have a chance every 45s to completely negate NDE.

The problem is that exactly this kind of information has been missing to be able to judge what this perk does at all. The description only says "Increase immune system by X %".

And since this whole disease system is only a gamble at all, it is difficult to judge whether this perk works. With Miner69 or Motherload I can immediately tell if I'm doing more damage or getting more resources.

The problem is that exactly this kind of information has been missing to be able to judge what this perk does at all. The description only says "Increase immune system by X %".

And since this whole disease system is only a gamble at all, it is difficult to judge whether this perk works. With Miner69 or Motherload I can immediately tell if I'm doing more damage or getting more resources.

It does not really help that disease is, thus far, mostly harmless. Never been tempted to take this perk - not once.

It does not really help that disease is, thus far, mostly harmless. Never been tempted to take this perk - not once.

this appears to really be up in the air. I have read threads stating exactly the opposite here, that they get sick constantly. Personally I am in the middle. I have early game issues occasionally, and usually take a couple points in immunity just to hit a middle road solution.

Dunno what the difference is other than some are better than others at the PvM aspects:) I kinda suck so get hit more often, thus having illness more often. If you don't get hit, you wont get infected, so the perk would be useless. Maybe rename the perk as "Suck at Melee Combat" perk:)

I think the devs have the same problem as the modders in that the localization.txt is a pain in the ass way of doing descriptions and it's easy for info like this to get lost in the mix.

I feel like if it was xpath \ xml stuff like this would be easier to catch just due to the readability.

this appears to really be up in the air. I have read threads stating exactly the opposite here, that they get sick constantly. Personally I am in the middle. I have early game issues occasionally, and usually take a couple points in immunity just to hit a middle road solution.

Dunno what the difference is other than some are better than others at the PvM aspects:) I kinda suck so get hit more often, thus having illness more often. If you don't get hit, you wont get infected, so the perk would be useless. Maybe rename the perk as "Suck at Melee Combat" perk:)

I do play light armor with more focus on not getting hit but I also get sick pretty often in the game. The problem is that no illness other than infection alters anything I do in any way. For infection I have plenty of antibiotics and honey.

I used to eat a lot of Yucca Fruit, especially as it's really easy to gather a lot in the desert. Got quite a few times really sick from eating it and the consequences were merciless, especially early game. On the other hand, you can get other food quickly, not to mention canned foods from crates or cupboards.

Apart from finding alternatives to Yucca Fruit early game, there's not much that can be done. I don't even know exactly how "feeling something coming on" works - should you drink more, eat more or the opposite, getting another food poisoning check failed increase your affliction, or doesn't affect it at all, etc.

Yeah I really don't agree with getting food poisoning from eating a wild fruit. Even for balance purposes really, since as you say it's easy to get other sources of food. I don't see a balance problem with yucca being a low hunger restoring risk free food. I usually mod that risk out and I haven't found myself stockpiling yucca any more than any other food sources.

I used to eat a lot of Yucca Fruit, especially as it's really easy to gather a lot in the desert. Got quite a few times really sick from eating it and the consequences were merciless, especially early game. On the other hand, you can get other food quickly, not to mention canned foods from crates or cupboards.

Apart from finding alternatives to Yucca Fruit early game, there's not much that can be done. I don't even know exactly how "feeling something coming on" works - should you drink more, eat more or the opposite, getting another food poisoning check failed increase your affliction, or doesn't affect it at all, etc.

That does make sense. I never did this because yucca is so damn worthless now. TFP might as well removed them from the game entirely - there is zero point to the fruit at all. I think the problem is that the debuffs stack - eating yucca over and over again makes it worse and worse. I have not verified this but I do think that is how it works. I guess you can say I do change some behaviors then due to the illness system - I don't eat anything that has less than a change of 10 to my hunger/thirst and do not continue to eat until the illness passes. I don't think that is enough to make the system itself viable though and certainly not enough to sink even one perk.

I see the illness system being totally reblanced at some point.

If i'm playing on the Navezgane map, i'm sure to be infected the first or second time i'm hit, almost without fail (and usually from a stupid bird). Playing on a random map, however, I think since 17 came out i've been infected maaaaybe 3 times after the initial patches came in to fix things? I still keep honey/pills on me just in case, but in RWG i almost never worry about it.

Coming back to this thread i came up with a fitting solution. Something how resistance works in souls game.

When you get hit (this case eat) the counter rises. It slowly drains down, but when it hits the threshold (which could be set higher by items, buffs and levels) then it applies the debuff for the time of draining the counter.

This would work well, as you could eat for example some yucca to almost feel sick from it and would have to eat other food until it gies down. Or perhaps one counter for "raw food".

Maybe rename the perk as "Suck at Melee Combat" perk:)

I LOLed at that quote. BUT I can say that this has some merit with certain playstyles (mine) and it goes something like this:

I'm NOT a fan of those YouTubers out there or those who clear POI's by waking up the house and running outside, then run back in, get more, run outside, etc. I duo with my wife and when we go into a building I lead in full steel armor with my fireaxe out. I start chopping, waking up zeds and pulling them towards the front as she comes in behind me with her military armor and ranged damage. This way I can semi-control the amount of zeds I wake up. So she has this thing where she's not really much of a gamer and likes to block doorways, so when I turn to back up, I often run into her and get hit. Safe to say, I like the Pain Tolerance and Immunity perks. And it works! We plow through POI's. I'm essentially an old-school tank. We often wake up whole buildings, but we don't need to run outside because we kill them quick enough as long as I'm ok taking a hit or two every so often.

• 2 weeks later...
Coming back to this thread i came up with a fitting solution. Something how resistance works in souls game.

When you get hit (this case eat) the counter rises. It slowly drains down, but when it hits the threshold (which could be set higher by items, buffs and levels) then it applies the debuff for the time of draining the counter.

This would work well, as you could eat for example some yucca to almost feel sick from it and would have to eat other food until it gies down. Or perhaps one counter for "raw food".

Snowberries.

That is exactly how they used to work.

Ok I had replied in a similar thread. In 17.1, disease was deadly if it became infection. You slowly lost all agility, and then eventually all your HP and turned into a zombie. The loss of agility made chance of dying far more likely because it looked like you regened stamina more slowly as well. And antibiotics took time to kick in. In 17.2 so far, I have not been infected even though I get hit all the time. Seems like they nerfed it which is unfortunate.

- - - Updated - - -

Its one of the few perks that serves no real purpose. Like the metabolism perk and various others. If you play smart you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place.

no way.

i had made a thread about the problem with meelee, the hitboxes have always been completely messed up, backpedaling got nerfed, and so on. so you're gonna get hit. and i'm not going to waste ammo on the damn irradiated and feral zombies. if you play to not get hit, you're gonna be wasting tons of resources making ammo. no thanks

Ok I had replied in a similar thread. In 17.1, disease was deadly if it became infection. You slowly lost all agility, and then eventually all your HP and turned into a zombie. The loss of agility made chance of dying far more likely because it looked like you regened stamina more slowly as well. And antibiotics took time to kick in. In 17.2 so far, I have not been infected even though I get hit all the time. Seems like they nerfed it which is unfortunate.

Possibly. I have been infected and, yes, that is a really nasty debuff. Intrinsic immunity does not do much to prevent that though and is subject to the god of random. The solution to infection is going back home and popping an antibiotic. Wasting a perk here does not seem to make sense either. At least for my experience thus far.

no way.

i had made a thread about the problem with meelee, the hitboxes have always been completely messed up, backpedaling got nerfed, and so on. so you're gonna get hit. and i'm not going to waste ammo on the damn irradiated and feral zombies. if you play to not get hit, you're gonna be wasting tons of resources making ammo. no thanks

Almost all of my killing is through stone arrows or a sledge. Playing not to get hit does not mean you are running around shooting things.

Archived