How to disable self repair of npc houses?

Collector

Hello all,

I asked this already in support section, but a moderator told me, my question is more related to a mod than how to set settings.

I'm pretty new in the game but I really enjoy to farm materials in the 7d2d-world, especially farm all usefull things from existing houses (iron, glas, paper, mechanical stuff and so on). So I always farm everything out of a house, leaving it only with stone or wood walls/roofs.

Due to family and work I cant play daily so I thought about a way how to remember myself, which house is done/clear already and which is still open to farm.

I decided to destroy all kind of windows and doors at those houses. This way has 2 advantages for me:

a) I can easy see from outside, whether the house is done or not

b) I can see through the open windows, whether the zombies already respawned or not

The problem for me is: I realized, that the houses have some kind of self-repair, which means after some days the windows do spawn again. I made a smal test: cleaned some houses and set 24h time to 10min and waited some days.

When I went back to those houses, some had their full amount of windows back, while others didn't get them back.

Question: Is there a way to disable the self-repair of the houses?

I play in single mode with navezgane map.

That's so dumb, why would the devs code that in? Jeez...

Just imagine if you transformed an NPC house into your own base but didn't get a chance to set a bedroll (due to lazy-ness or you just have multiple bases and that one being a backup), you go back out looting for a while, you come back and everything is reset?

Not only that, but sometimes, we destroy houses to clear the view from our own base or just don't want zeds spawning there anymore.

To force reset POIs without a vanilla option to disable it... not cool.

Yeah, chunks resetting is pretty annoying, but disabling it would likely lead to memory issues and save game bloat especially on larger maps since the game would have to remember every single block you destroyed, removed, or damaged. Hopefully when they finally get around to some more optimization they will get it to where you could turn it off without so much impact on performance. You could knock out the windows and replace them iron bars. They shouldn't reset because they are a player block and you can shoot through them. You could make a copy of the vanilla iron bars, name them something else like scrap iron bars, reduce their durability for balancing and make a recipe that only takes a few scrap iron to make.

wait... what are you talking about? what happened?

Now, after i change POI in the world - it recover to its original form ignoring my permutations?

Hey devs! .... what the hell? Then what is this voxel world for? :mad-new:

Tthis applies to all or only certain POI ?

Player blocks stay, so anything you craft and place in POIs should stay. However, blocks you damage or destroy in POIs will likely get reset unless replaced with one of your own blocks. You can prevent this with land claim blocks or bedrolls. In 17.2 you can set how many land claim blocks you are given, so that should allow you to clear out and save multiple POIs. Haven't played it myself yet since rwg is even more wonky in that one. Though, having too many active land claim blocks will likely have a big impact on performance. Its not necessarily POIs themselves but chunks of the world. From my understanding the game creates the world in chunks so say a small town would be one chunk. It temporarily saves everything you do in that chunk but if you are away from it too long, the game clears out that data to make room for other chunks that you are exploring. Even games like skyrim do this, but it is less noticeable since there isn't as much of the environment that you can interact with. Its not an ideal method but it is one of the more efficient ones for doing open worlds. The alternative would likely require loading between areas.

I've never seen anything like the original poster's problem and even just did a test like they did to see if I'd just missed it (nothing repaired). Is this a problem in console instead?

I imagine it ties in with loot re-spawn, and you need to clear the area before it happens.

Hello all,

I asked this already in support section, but a moderator told me, my question is more related to a mod than how to set settings.

I'm pretty new in the game but I really enjoy to farm materials in the 7d2d-world, especially farm all usefull things from existing houses (iron, glas, paper, mechanical stuff and so on). So I always farm everything out of a house, leaving it only with stone or wood walls/roofs.

Due to family and work I cant play daily so I thought about a way how to remember myself, which house is done/clear already and which is still open to farm.

I decided to destroy all kind of windows and doors at those houses. This way has 2 advantages for me:

a) I can easy see from outside, whether the house is done or not

b) I can see through the open windows, whether the zombies already respawned or not

The problem for me is: I realized, that the houses have some kind of self-repair, which means after some days the windows do spawn again. I made a smal test: cleaned some houses and set 24h time to 10min and waited some days.

When I went back to those houses, some had their full amount of windows back, while others didn't get them back.

Question: Is there a way to disable the self-repair of the houses?

I play in single mode with navezgane map.

You could use Xyths Fun with flags modlet, and post the "Looted" flag infront of places you have looted ;)

Xyth's mods

If a house gets "repaired", it means there is an issue with the chunk resetting. It's not intentional.

I was prompted, that prefab is reset when the quest is taken on this prefab - everything is restored that would have been able to fulfill the conditions of the quest.

Technically, it's a smart decision, but....i don't want this sh♥t to happen in the "free world".

I'm confused, are you saying that prefabs are randomly resetting themselves or you mean they are resetting when you start a quest?

If it's a quest, there's nothing than can be done as far as I know. It has to reset to load in the quest item.

What I'd do, is us the paint brush and paint the road outside the POI to mark it as cleared. The road or path outside the POI area should not reset.

Not random - only when start a quest for this prefab.

By the way, perhaps the paint-data maybe remain, but the destroyed blocks and looted loot - appeared again.

(I personally have not checked, i saw it in the Let'sPlay video).

Quest buildings have to be restored to make sure loot, sleepers to clear and fetch items are there to complete the quest.

Suppose you already did a fetch and clear there, and got another fetch and clear there. You go back to start the quest, and there is no fetch item to get and no zombies to clear!

Quest buildings have to be restored to make sure loot, sleepers to clear and fetch items are there to complete the quest.

Suppose you already did a fetch and clear there, and got another fetch and clear there. You go back to start the quest, and there is no fetch item to get and no zombies to clear!

Yes, that's clear. But completely unnatural.

If something can not be done well - it is better not to do it. Over time, the game can overgrown such half-measures and then it turns into trash.

By the way, on the main issue... then, to block such self-healing - need to remove the quest for this prefab.

Archived