A17.2 more Land claim blocks..

Masonic

I tried to put down more than one landclaim block after changing the number from 1 to 100 in my server.config file. Wanted to see if i could claim every building after i cleared them. It doesnt work, still can only have one block up at a time, the rest just get destroyed. Do you need a complete new game for it to work? If not, does landclaim blocks work like that, a bit confused.

Personally they need to just revert to how land claims worked in 16.4 and previous versions

Unlimited Claims, which cost large amounts of Iron or Steel, the general trend I keep seeing with TFP is methodically taking away players basic abilities and mechanic fundamentals and leaving us with these half ass "Solutions"

In doing so you are also destroying our ability to stay creative, eventually we will all only follow 1 or 2 specific leveling up paths, or build a certain way and as of right now this was a step in the right direction but I fail to see the need in why land claims were changed in the first place.

Here's a better idea,

cause the creation of larger more luxurious beds to deal with zed spawns, which would probably neat, upgrading your bed to have more no-spawn coverage, and creating rooms could give a value bonus if they are furnished , decorated and comfortable.

so lazy to tell us to change the config file. "Ok guys, guys mod it out to where you want it" smh

This has been many people's attitude... if so many people wish to mod out so many things, wouldn't that be an indicator to the devs they're doing something wrong with their balance?

Having dozens or a hundred LCBs isn't "cancer" if they are protecting something. If they are being used to grief players somehow, then let the server admins handle it. Server admins are, after all, the ones that handle griefers, and all the other problems. Some people like building structures for all sorts of reasons, such as public areas that we don't want trashed, public areas for horde nights, markets for trading or letting people have vending machines at so we can have a single location for trading...I could go on. It was silly enough to limit players to just one LCB, but to apply that restriction to admins as well was absolutely ridiculous.

Having dozens or a hundred LCBs isn't "cancer" if they are protecting something. If they are being used to grief players somehow, then let the server admins handle it. Server admins are, after all, the ones that handle griefers, and all the other problems. Some people like building structures for all sorts of reasons, such as public areas that we don't want trashed, public areas for horde nights, markets for trading or letting people have vending machines at so we can have a single location for trading...I could go on. It was silly enough to limit players to just one LCB, but to apply that restriction to admins as well was absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly, out of all the huge problems manifested from land claims being made as they were (You only get one ) and the large discussions we've had on them, I am perplexed that their answer was just to make it so we can only modify server XML, I guess it was a band aid answer, but if they keep it in its current form it has to be one of the dumbest dev decision I have ever seen, and shows they don't listen to their players very well.

We told them it was a huge problem, we gave feedback on how to fix it so it wasn't broken. This was their response? This? Its unacceptable, and even more so it was just stupid to change something that was never broken to begin with.

Please get away from the "Mod it" Mentality.

Revert land claims to how they were previously before 17.

They were perfect for Single Player and for MP/PVP. In their current form they are Broken for Single Player, and MP/PVP is virtually unplayable due to this.

The worse answer I had ever seen by someone trying to argue against this was that players can "Build a house" out of land claims. The answer to that, "Let them, its their material sink."

Masonic, you may need to start a new game for the changes for LCBs to take hold. Sometimes updating without starting a fresh game doesn't bring all the changes into a saved game. Hopefully your issue will be sorted out with a new game, or you can wait until A17.2 stable is released. With the changes they've been making to the RWG, I think it's going to need a wipe and new game.

Please get away from the "Mod it" Mentality.

Short of putting a slider into the in-game menu option, TFP have addressed the issue of multiple versus single land claim blocks. It's now configurable. That's what it looked like most people were asking for on the forums anyway.

Why it's functionality still overlaps somewhat the bed in preventing zombie spawns is still there to be sure, but, as I recall, the main issue people wanted fixed when A17.0 came out was the inability to have more than 1 LCB.

Personally, I think this new system has one advantage, in that it is now possible, for players who want to do it, to create large "zombie spawn free areas". What would be even better would be an XML option to turn the spawn-prevention mechanics of the LCB on or off - this would allow players to effectively play pre-A17 style LCB's if they so chose to.

I personally dont understand why it was changed, land claims core backbone was to enable PVP protection.

Added block protection, disallowing players from gaining easy access to your base, and preventing them from building within your claim zone.

Bedrolls enabled anti-zed spawning, why didnt they accentuate bed rolls and leave land claims out of this? It ruined multiplayer/PvP by changing it.

Zombie resistance and player resistance are two entirely different things in this game even with the Zed AI changes.

If you dont do both you couldn't possibly understand that difference.

I really dont see the merit for making a land claim free zone and honesty if that was the case it could have been without messing with land claims, there are numerous ways it could have been handled ( like creating a different land claim block type that only affected zombies while leaving the PVP oned alone.)

I guess they just dont really care what they break.

Land claims never needed to be changed, period.

I think some folks are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

A17.2 is essentially A16 Landclaim with added benefit of being allowed to limit the number to what the server operator wants, while keeping the improvement of Zed spawn blocking that came with A17.

Somehow this improvement is disaster still (without a word of explanation)?

A17.2 is essentially A16 Landclaim with added benefit of being allowed to limit the number to what the server operator wants, while keeping the improvement of Zed spawn blocking that came with A17.

Well to be fair an experimental build should be bug free and not have any issues. I mean everyone complaining has made a massive video game and made it perfect during prerelease. They are entitled to complain ;)

I'm not complaining for the sake of it, I am disappointed that this is how you feel as a community mod for the forums, my gripe with how land claims were changed is that they never needed to be changed to begin with, now we get "almost" what we had, except its now at the mercy of a server admin to change it, and I am willing to bet most of them will not set it to what would be proper for most of us that like to build large structures and large series of underground tunnels and connected bases.

It could have just been handled much better without the grief its caused most of us that played exclusively online.

Also we never needed land claims to have spawn blocking (We have bedroll for that ), I would gladly remove that to have unlimited default land claims at 100 Forged Iron back as our standard.

I'm not complaining for the sake of it, I am disappointed that this is how you feel as a community mod for the forums, my gripe with how land claims were changed is that they never needed to be changed to begin with, now we get "almost" what we had, except its now at the mercy of a server admin to change it, and I am willing to bet most of them will not set it to what would be proper for most of us that like to build large structures and large series of underground tunnels and connected bases.

Well, my #1 philosophy, ever since joining these boards, has been more player choice is a good thing, so for me, the fact that LCB counts are now configurable is a huge bonus. If a particular server owner hasn't set it to a setting you like, then don't play on that server, but now, I've got the ability in my games to configure and for that I'm happy.

I do agree though, I'd also like the ability to toggle on or off its bed-like function of also disabling zombie spawns.

Well to be fair an experimental build should be bug free and not have any issues. I mean everyone complaining has made a massive video game and made it perfect during prerelease. They are entitled to complain ;)

An experimental should be bug free? What? That's the purpose of experimental, to find more bugs....

Can anyone tell me where i find this value to change it in singleplayer ?

Well, at the moment, I can only see it in the serverconfig.xml, the amendment of which had no effect in a purpose made A17.2 Navazgane test game. So, tbh, not sure how to make it effective in SP just yet.

Archived