(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

On 11/24/2023 at 3:27 PM, ShinOkami said:

you get rad b gone from loot but you can also make em with high level meds. Rad gameplay is the hardest part of the mod. you really need a full hazmat, power armor with rad resist mod and red resist meds to tackle some t5-6 missions and high level areas. 

Thanks I appreciate the help and am loving the mod, and revisiting FO4 at the same time!! It's taking me awhile to learn the ins and outs, but good times.

3 hours ago, Fisher said:

For the wasteland mod, was it intentional that you removed the recipe for the advanced bellows?  I can't make cement in the forge without it.  Is purchasing from trader the only possibility?

Thanks.

It was intentional. The idea was each workstation has 3 tools, 2 of which control recipes and can be crafted, and the third is loot only and typically is for crafting speed. But the forge is an oddball since it already had the crucible required for recipes. But at the same time I didn't want to make cement and bulletproof glass also require a crucible. But maybe that's what I should do for consistency's sake.

Hello,

I've experienced a bug recently where if I loot anything my screen gets stuck and I can't escape. I can still press any shortcut such as "M" or "N" but I still cant escape/close the menu. It could be from updating the mod and I didn't create a new world but I only experienced it when one of my Brotherhood of Steel died and looted their inventory.

Here is the log:

https://pastebin.com/AP6msPk4

2 hours ago, Chinotek said:

Hello,

I've experienced a bug recently where if I loot anything my screen gets stuck and I can't escape. I can still press any shortcut such as "M" or "N" but I still cant escape/close the menu. It could be from updating the mod and I didn't create a new world but I only experienced it when one of my Brotherhood of Steel died and looted their inventory.

Here is the log:

Hi Chinotek.

I see you're using the GNS Modpack which contains The Wasteland and all of its required Mod, along with a whole host of POI packs, and a World with a token gesture placement of the Wasteland POIs placed on it.

I don't mean to upset things, but I really recommend starting again with only The Wasteland Mod and its required folders on an RWG you make yourself, or one that is shared in the community specific for The Wasteland. Here are the reasons:

- Some of those POI packs add buffs. Since the Wasteland Mod is a full on overhaul, the chances for conflict are real. This could impact any number of interactions.

- The provided World has a scattering of Wasteland POIs, but there are a fair few that don't appear at all, and those that do are just once. This will make it hard to have the full on Wasteland experience. If you're already using your own RWG it will be better, but those other POI packs are competing for space and access to Wasteland specific loot and interactions will still be reduced, especially for Traders.

It could be that there is another issue at hand, and the log certainly shows a couple of errors popping up, but with these other things in the background there's always a possibility or conflict and it makes it harder to verify and confirm.

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Hi Chinotek.

I see you're using the GNS Modpack which contains The Wasteland and all of its required Mod, along with a whole host of POI packs, and a World with a token gesture placement of the Wasteland POIs placed on it.

I don't mean to upset things, but I really recommend starting again with only The Wasteland Mod and its required folders on an RWG you make yourself, or one that is shared in the community specific for The Wasteland. Here are the reasons:

- Some of those POI packs add buffs. Since the Wasteland Mod is a full on overhaul, the chances for conflict are real. This could impact any number of interactions.

- The provided World has a scattering of Wasteland POIs, but there are a fair few that don't appear at all, and those that do are just once. This will make it hard to have the full on Wasteland experience. If you're already using your own RWG it will be better, but those other POI packs are competing for space and access to Wasteland specific loot and interactions will still be reduced, especially for Traders.

It could be that there is another issue at hand, and the log certainly shows a couple of errors popping up, but with these other things in the background there's always a possibility or conflict and it makes it harder to verify and confirm.

Hello,

Thank you for the response! That does make sense as I've experienced POIs that have bugged quests such as not resetting. I've also been wanting to create a new playthrough so it's fine for me. I do have another question, do laser weapons overlap with other weapon categories? Does Rifleman buff laser shotguns or laser rifles? Do the weapon buff magazines affect the laser weapons?

From what I've seen, Rifleman will have no impact on laser weapons or plasma weapons of that class type. Apart from the heavy weapons skill mags/skill, I do not believe there are any other hookups beyond their own specific New Age Cowboy and book series. They have really been given their very own identity, and makes for a whole new adventure on that alone.

As for a World, here is a prepared 8K for Wasteland that is still viable. This was checked to ensure it has all of the primary POIs, and a multitude of secondary types multiple times. The towns (not cities) are very slightly expanded and there'll be a heap of Wasteland POIs to experience. It has 1 spawn point and on play through gives a progressive story feel.

https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/addons/wasteland8k01

And of course, you can create your own, as the RWG is actually very good at ensuring there is a nice spread of Wasteland POIs.

Pille created the Teragon Programmable World Generator. We got some good news that one of the issues where RadPoi quests couldn't be added to Worlds, may well be resolved. Teragon makes some awesome Worlds and I hope to see Bdubyah's creations out there as time permits.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

As for a World, here is a prepared 8K for Wasteland that is still viable. This was checked to ensure it has all of the primary POIs, and a multitude of secondary types multiple times. The towns (not cities) are very slightly expanded and there'll be a heap of Wasteland POIs to experience. It has 1 spawn point and on play through gives a progressive story feel.

https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/addons/wasteland8k01

Thank you, I'll try this out in my next playthrough.

11 hours ago, Chinotek said:

Hello,

Here is the log:

I had this a few days ago when testing on my dedi server. Couldn't get it to happen again, but will look at it before pushing this next update to try and figure it out.

17 hours ago, Chinotek said:

Hello,

Here is the log:

Gave the error to sphereii. He couldn't trace it due to your version of SCore being older. I didn't notice at first glance but you are on 21.2 of the game but still using a 21.1 version of SCore. So make sure to grab the latest 21.2 version of SCore. Not saying that will fix that error, but if it happens again link me to your log and I can get it to sphereii and he can likely point to the problem.

Hi there.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on this:  I've been playing The Wasteland mod lately, but the constant profanity when using hirelings or encountering raiders has become annoying, especially since lately I often have family hanging out watching me play. 

I poked around in the Sounds.xml (both in the Wasteland mod folder as well as the NPCmod one) and tried commenting out the sections for the VO sounds included under "GuyAttack" (and all of the 'Guy' sections, even), and/or subbing in a 'silence sound' instead, but have seen zero change in-game. 

I have a fairly decent amount of modding/tinkering experience, and have successfully made or tweaked a few small mods to my liking, however the solution to this particular issue has eluded me so far.  I've even tried renaming the source file for the humanoid VO with no change (except errors in the console, of course).  Seems like maybe disabling the specific voice lines in The Wasteland's sounds.xml just causes NPCmod to default to it's own source files for the same VO (but I didn't find an XML file to tweak those)?
I realize that Fallout had a ton of foul-mouthed raiders, etc... it's thematic and all.  I get it, but for my ongoing personal playthrough (and often not alone) I'd like to shut them up if possible.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edited by CrazyCelt (see edit history)

7 hours ago, CrazyCelt said:

I take it headphones are not an option?  😉

Have you tried swapping out the NPC sounds in the sounds.xml file to something more PC?

For example, find one of the NPC sounds that you don't like and create a new one from trader_jen

As an example (I don't have the wasteland files in front of me so I can't give the specific file names so lets assume NPC1_cussingUpAStorm is the sounddatanode name for it):

Jen's vanilla

<SoundDataNode name="trader_jenlikefirstgreet"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_VO"/>
    <Noise ID="1" noise="7" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_01" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_01"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_02" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_02"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_03" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_03" />
    <LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="1.0"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="10"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="1.111"/> </SoundDataNode>

Copy and change the SoundDataNode name to

<SoundDataNode name="NPC1_cussingUpAStorm"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_VO"/>
    <Noise ID="1" noise="7" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_01" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_01"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_02" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_02"/>
    <AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/VO/Trader/Jen/trader_jen_firstgreet_03" Subtitle="trader_jen_firstgreet_03" />
    <LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="1.0"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="10"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="1.111"/> </SoundDataNode>

So assuming I did this correctly (and I am weak in the modding of sounds so this is a big assumption right now), when the NPC wants to cuss up a storm, it will see the SoundDataNode name but the code directs it to the Trader Jen First Time greeting instead

Hi guys... been playing the Wasteland for a week or two now, (have to distract myself from DF for a bit).

So far, so good... besided dying by the sh*tload from gun tottin'... well, everybody (the shoe hurts). But it's getting better.

Also, I don't know if it's a bug, but I cannot craft sniper rifle beyond lvl1 (I have maxed skill - it shows I can make it lvl5, but in workbench I can make only lvl1).

I can craft heavy sniper lvl5 just fine, but sniper rifle is stuck on lvl1. Also, I found the eyebot suffers from the same bug.

I play with some mods, but I removed them all, started a new game and it's the same. I don't know if there is something else affected, but I found those two.

4 hours ago, Krvavy said:

Hi guys... been playing the Wasteland for a week or two now, (have to distract myself from DF for a bit).

So far, so good... besided dying by the sh*tload from gun tottin'... well, everybody (the shoe hurts). But it's getting better.

Also, I don't know if it's a bug, but I cannot craft sniper rifle beyond lvl1 (I have maxed skill - it shows I can make it lvl5, but in workbench I can make only lvl1).

I can craft heavy sniper lvl5 just fine, but sniper rifle is stuck on lvl1. Also, I found the eyebot suffers from the same bug.

I play with some mods, but I removed them all, started a new game and it's the same. I don't know if there is something else affected, but I found those two.

Likely some xml missing. Will check it out. Thanks for the reports. :)

14 hours ago, CrazyCelt said:

Hi there.  I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on this:  I've been playing The Wasteland mod lately, but the constant profanity when using hirelings or encountering raiders has become annoying, especially since lately I often have family hanging out watching me play. 

I poked around in the Sounds.xml (both in the Wasteland mod folder as well as the NPCmod one) and tried commenting out the sections for the VO sounds included under "GuyAttack" (and all of the 'Guy' sections, even), and/or subbing in a 'silence sound' instead, but have seen zero change in-game. 

I have a fairly decent amount of modding/tinkering experience, and have successfully made or tweaked a few small mods to my liking, however the solution to this particular issue has eluded me so far.  I've even tried renaming the source file for the humanoid VO with no change (except errors in the console, of course).  Seems like maybe disabling the specific voice lines in The Wasteland's sounds.xml just causes NPCmod to default to it's own source files for the same VO (but I didn't find an XML file to tweak those)?
I realize that Fallout had a ton of foul-mouthed raiders, etc... it's thematic and all.  I get it, but for my ongoing personal playthrough (and often not alone) I'd like to shut them up if possible.

I think I still have the node near the top of Wasteland's entityclasses.xml file that adds the voices back. You could either edit them to make the value for each blank or change them to something else. When I'm on my PC again I'll double check. These voices are ones TFP added ages ago for bandits so that's just what was used. I did actually already go into their attack sound and add in a ton of silent sound clips to try and dilute it some. So it was much worse before. Haha. 

Hey.  Any hint where I would look in the xml if I wanted to decrease the radiated/mutated guy's radiation effect distance?  I've had to abandon a couple of missions when one of those spawns as a sleeper.  I'd be dead within 30 seconds if I didn't leave the property entirely.  Other option would be if I could remove them from the sleeper pool.

Also, it appears both mutants and raiders ignore stealth.  Since I usually do a stealth build it can be a bit frustrating when everything instantly targets you as you approach a POI.  Even worse when the raiders are firing through solid walls and I can't return fire.

I wouldn't know about how to decrease the radiated area of effect. If things are getting to that stage, would you consider grabbing a Hazmat Suit or power armor rad mod instead as those RadPOI are going to become a thing anyway if you haven't already got to that stage.

The Mutants and Raiders have a very hair trigger sense of alertness and stealth doesn't really help. However, there is a way to calm that feature down for the NPC Mod side of things which governs the sleepers. It isn't perfect but it will make things better and they'll behave a bit more like zombies.
Go to your 0-Score folder and in the Config folder you'll see blocks.xml
Search for <property name="AttackVolumeInstantAwake" value="true" /> and change true to false. There was a mod for this but it hasn't been added for A21 yet. They are basically becoming instantly alert long before you even reach their trigger boundaries. I used this in A20 for The Wasteland. They are as tough as ever but at least you'll get a few stealth shots off and the realism is there.

You can see 'Variable NPC Sleepers' in this thread from A20 and it should still work for A21. You can also ask the creator to update it as well.

5 hours ago, arramus said:

I wouldn't know about how to decrease the radiated area of effect. If things are getting to that stage, would you consider grabbing a Hazmat Suit or power armor rad mod instead as those RadPOI are going to become a thing anyway if you haven't already got to that stage.

The Mutants and Raiders have a very hair trigger sense of alertness and stealth doesn't really help. However, there is a way to calm that feature down for the NPC Mod side of things which governs the sleepers. It isn't perfect but it will make things better and they'll behave a bit more like zombies.
Search for <property name="AttackVolumeInstantAwake" value="true" /> and change true to false. There was a mod for this but it hasn't been added for A21 yet. They are basically becoming instantly alert long before you even reach their trigger boundaries. I used this in A20 for The Wasteland. They are as tough as ever but at least you'll get a few stealth shots off and the realism is there.

You can see 'Variable NPC Sleepers' in this thread from A20 and it should still work for A21. You can also ask the creator to update it as well.

I haven't updated that for A21, because I didn't know whether that feature was switched on by default in NPC Core for A21. I've also been busy with other things.

But the A20 version probably still works, and if not, I think it would be easy to port to A21. Either way I'll put it on my todo list, and release it in my A21 thread when it's done.

7 hours ago, arramus said:

Thanks.  I've modified the file for the sleepers.  Hopefully it helps.

Unfortunately the radiated mobs are still a greater threat.  I'm on day 18 and haven't seen any Brotherhood of Steel people at all, so power armour isn't really an option.  I just had to abandon a Judie Witch clear when another of those spawned.  I decided to stop questing for now and drive around looking for anything BOS related.  Still looking even after an hour.  I've watched a couple of youtube people playing this pack and they seem to find them easily.  I cannot find a single NPC other than raiders and mutants though.

Again, thanks though.  And thanks to the mod author who replied after you as well.

Cheers.

What map are you using by the way, Fisher? There is a Rad Cats Trader POI that typically appears 2-3 times on a regular RWG and they stand out pretty well due to the Red Rocket that elevates above the countrytown/rural type buildings. That is very much an NPC hub for hiring.

22 hours ago, arramus said:

What map are you using by the way, Fisher? There is a Rad Cats Trader POI that typically appears 2-3 times on a regular RWG and they stand out pretty well due to the Red Rocket that elevates above the countrytown/rural type buildings. That is very much an NPC hub for hiring.

I'm using the 8k #2 world that this mod provided.  I finally found a single BOS guy for hire on day 20.  He died fighting a tourist about 15 minutes  later.  Before I completely called it quits, I searched for the POI you mentioned.  There's only one on this map, and those NPCs only accept the rare caps which I didn't have.

Cheated in 50 caps.  Hired two of them.  Walked outside the trader and they both rush a demolisher.  Both are killed in the explosion.  At this point, I'm just laughing.  I don't feel like searching another 19 days to randomly find another BOS guy, so I'll put this mod on the back burner for now.

Ah, OK. Got to that stage and understandably with all those misadventures.

If energy and motivation permit, one last grace would be to install the 1-DarksSoldierz who accept regular coin and will appear a lot more frequently from the NPC-Mod Pack thread since they are compatible. That way you could at least keep any special ones for special occasions and use the Soldierz as expendables...

In A20, we had a pack running from the Fall Out Vault Dwellers and it worked out very well. Unfortunately, that wasn't brought over to A21 but the Soldierz have a Fall Out faction feel about them as well. Whatever you decide, you certainly made the effort. ^^

playing the 10k_3 map and there doesnt seem to be any red rockets in any of the towns

we went to 3 towns by bike and finally got a car today so i spent about 3 hours today driving thru all the towns and didnt find a single one

can anyone confirm if there are any in the 10k_3 map?

tempted to restart and just generate one as we wanted to hire npc's

Hello,

I'm back again. This time I have updated the SCore to its latest version and generated a RGW. I cannot run the 8k01 map sadly. Do I just put that in my mod folder?

Anyways, I'm here to report a bug. Some quests do not restart the POI which makes the quest unable to begin. I was only able to document one, which is the Mutant Camp. 

Here is the full log: 
https://pastebin.com/bMWyrc7A

6 hours ago, Chinotek said:

Hello,

I'm back again. This time I have updated the SCore to its latest version and generated a RGW. I cannot run the 8k01 map sadly. Do I just put that in my mod folder?

Anyways, I'm here to report a bug. Some quests do not restart the POI which makes the quest unable to begin. I was only able to document one, which is the Mutant Camp. 

Here is the full log: 
https://pastebin.com/bMWyrc7A

No, the maps I uploaded have to be installed in your Worlds folder where normal RWG maps end up. I could probably fix them to load as mods though, honestly didn't even think about it.

I've had one other person with that same error, but not real sure what the cause is. There is an issue we've reported that seems like it may be related to this, but haven't had an update on it in a bit. Some kind of issue with Tile Entities.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

No, the maps I uploaded have to be installed in your Worlds folder where normal RWG maps end up. I could probably fix them to load as mods though, honestly didn't even think about it.

I've had one other person with that same error, but not real sure what the cause is. There is an issue we've reported that seems like it may be related to this, but haven't had an update on it in a bit. Some kind of issue with Tile Entities.

Ohhh, I see.

I experienced 2 more bugs a while ago but I'm not quite sure what was the trigger.  The first bug deleted the Red Rocket Trader. I didn't notice anything weird before that happened as I just accepted a Tier 4 quest and when I returned he's gone. This was not the first time I experienced it, Trader Rekt was also deleted a few days ago but I'm not sure which log file it is. It also kicks me out the Trader Area, stating it is closed.

I also had 3 Brotherhood of Steel with me when I accepted the quest. I then went to my pickup truck to go the quest and when I arrived only 1 spawned in. The other two were nowhere to be found. I tried spawning them in by getting into the truck again and going out, no luck. I also tried going 50+ meters away to spawn them in, no luck again. They are clearly there, like you can collide with their bodies. You can feel an invisible block. I tried digging around it and I even stepped on them making me levitate. I wish I took a screenshot.

While all of this was happening I duplicated the world in hopes of saving it. I restarted the world, nothing changed.  Restarted the game, you could no longer see them in your party HUD. I tried running the duplicate, nothing changed.

Here are the log files:
Log 1 (deleted some due to being over 512kb) - https://pastebin.com/VPK6tXvb
Log 2 (game restart)  -https://pastebin.com/XegQ7m7y

There is also a third bug but I don't want it to be fixed yet lol. When you put one Brotherhood of Steel in your inventory and die, it will duplicate that npc. When you respawn, it will spawn with you with its inventory duplicated. That way you will have 2 Brotherhood of Steel.

6 hours ago, Chinotek said:

Ohhh, I see.

I experienced 2 more bugs a while ago but I'm not quite sure what was the trigger.  The first bug deleted the Red Rocket Trader. I didn't notice anything weird before that happened as I just accepted a Tier 4 quest and when I returned he's gone. This was not the first time I experienced it, Trader Rekt was also deleted a few days ago but I'm not sure which log file it is. It also kicks me out the Trader Area, stating it is closed.

I also had 3 Brotherhood of Steel with me when I accepted the quest. I then went to my pickup truck to go the quest and when I arrived only 1 spawned in. The other two were nowhere to be found. I tried spawning them in by getting into the truck again and going out, no luck. I also tried going 50+ meters away to spawn them in, no luck again. They are clearly there, like you can collide with their bodies. You can feel an invisible block. I tried digging around it and I even stepped on them making me levitate. I wish I took a screenshot.

While all of this was happening I duplicated the world in hopes of saving it. I restarted the world, nothing changed.  Restarted the game, you could no longer see them in your party HUD. I tried running the duplicate, nothing changed.

Here are the log files:
Log 1 (deleted some due to being over 512kb) - https://pastebin.com/VPK6tXvb
Log 2 (game restart)  -https://pastebin.com/XegQ7m7y

There is also a third bug but I don't want it to be fixed yet lol. When you put one Brotherhood of Steel in your inventory and die, it will duplicate that npc. When you respawn, it will spawn with you with its inventory duplicated. That way you will have 2 Brotherhood of Steel.

Traders disappearing is a vanilla issue that I've tried working around. I have it set so trader POIs can be destroyed and traders can die. But the vanilla trader spawn mechanic is to always respawn them if they are moved from their spawn spot. This is basically due to them seemingly not being able to fix the whole "things fall through the ground" issue that has been present forever now. But I don't use the vanilla spawn blocks due to the respawn nature of them. Issue there is when one randomly falls through the world, you now have no trader. I'm not sure of a good solution honestly.

I am not sure why it would kick you out though. I removed the timers from them so that shouldn't ever happen now. Does it only do it at places where the trader has disappeared?

NPCs disappearing is a bug we've tried fixing since back in A20. It's just a tricky thing, and just something you gotta deal with at the moment, unfortunately.

Are you in SP or MP? I tried reproing that NPC dupe and couldn't get it to happen. I only tried in SP though. You're saying if you hire one, pick him up and then die, when you respawn he respawns in the world with you but is still also in your bag?