(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

That's for resistance to getting the buffs in the first place. Lowering would allow you to get the buff, but once you get it, it would be like you have no resistance at all and would drain HP pretty quick.

Ah, I think I see.  Buff buffGhoulRadiation is written specifically for NotHasBuff and perkRadResistant.  The power armor mod passive effect BuffResistance with the tag buffGhoulRadiation completely prevents the buff from occurring, since the buff has no specific catch for armor based resistance it would just chew off your HP if you get the buff.

Just spitballing here as I'm not really familiar with 7 days modding.  The buff buffGhoulRadiation would likely need another catch specific to a new armor buff with another effect_group that defines hp lost, using a new buff triggered effect similar buffPADampener?

You could have the rad mod give you a buff with 0 duration, that does nothing and is removed if you remove the rad mod. Then just copy the perk effect groups and add another req for the rad mod buff. Something like:

<effect_group>
  	<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffRadMod"/>
	<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkRadResistant" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
	<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="12">
		<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffRadiationResist"/>
	</passive_effect>
	<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="7">
		<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffRadiationResist"/>
	</passive_effect>
</effect_group>

for example. Then just make an entry like that for each level of parkRadResistant that edits the values as you see fit.

May not be the cleanest way, but should work.

13 hours ago, bdubyah said:

You could have the rad mod give you a buff with 0 duration, that does nothing and is removed if you remove the rad mod. Then just copy the perk effect groups and add another req for the rad mod buff. Something like:

<effect_group>
  	<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffRadMod"/>
	<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkRadResistant" operation="Equals" value="0"/>
	<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="12">
		<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffRadiationResist"/>
	</passive_effect>
	<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="7">
		<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffRadiationResist"/>
	</passive_effect>
</effect_group>

for example. Then just make an entry like that for each level of parkRadResistant that edits the values as you see fit.

May not be the cleanest way, but should work.

Thank you for the example.  I just love the ghoul radiation cloud mechanic (hunt them fast or die) and was surprised it could be completely negated.  Just my opinion (obliviously) on that great mechanic being removed "late game."  Looking forward to the NPC update. =D 

Greeting everyone. A few questions:

1. The change for a loot bag drop of soldiers / raiders / mutants seems VERY high. Is this supposed to happen because they only appear in certain POIs? I kind of feel like I should only do PIOs with them because there is so much - quality - loot. 😉

2. I can´t install 2x Scopes in the new handguns like the 1911 variants. Is this intended? Is there maybe a new one for these kind of handguns? Or is it intended for balance reasons?

3. Does the quality of the unique weapons depend on the loot stage I am at? Not that I can change much about that ... 😀

4. Have you ever though about adding unique armors? The unique weapons add so much fun in exploration of new PIOs extending this to armors would double that fun. 

23 hours ago, Kellnaved said:

Greeting everyone. A few questions:

1. The change for a loot bag drop of soldiers / raiders / mutants seems VERY high. Is this supposed to happen because they only appear in certain POIs? I kind of feel like I should only do PIOs with them because there is so much - quality - loot. 😉

2. I can´t install 2x Scopes in the new handguns like the 1911 variants. Is this intended? Is there maybe a new one for these kind of handguns? Or is it intended for balance reasons?

3. Does the quality of the unique weapons depend on the loot stage I am at? Not that I can change much about that ... 😀

4. Have you ever though about adding unique armors? The unique weapons add so much fun in exploration of new PIOs extending this to armors would double that fun. 

1: This is intended, but the loot may be balanced over time. Still making my stuff work better with the new loot setup they are using now.

2: This is intended. I just think something like a 2x on a small caliber handgun is silly. Lol.

3: Yes, it should be.

4: There is one legendary set of power armor now in. Might do more later.

1 hour ago, irongamer said:

Maybe a known issue, grocery_store_03 does not spawn the last guy(s) in the freezer.  Mission cannot be completed if it is a clear mission.

Ah, it was using an old sleeper group name I guess. Surprised it didn't throw errors. Got it fixed.

SCore and NPCmod integration is going well, but I had a bug reported last night that has kind of slowed progress. Apparently in a20, using CVar requirements for nav objects is broken. So the radar mods for power armor, and the Awareness perk are currently useless. I've been trying to come up with a solution, but so far nothing has worked.

Hello, thanks for creating this mod, I would like to report a bug, it won't complete when doing missions in the area 51 military base (bases with soldiers and aliens, it seems that bases without aliens will also), it Will show the location of the last enemy in the cubicle of the house to the right of the gate, but no enemies spawn inside.

@bdubyah Did you know that the GNX accessories have the same icon as the chassis? Kinda confusing.

Also, is there a way you can make it so that when I'm flying the helicopters I don't get pecked to death by vultures? Like can you make it closed so they can't get to the pilot? Maybe an auto turret item mod that shoots them or something? I mean it kinda makes me avoid flying them.

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)

On 2/2/2020 at 10:51 AM, Berytak said:

That was a good hint. Now I got stuck with these settings...

<property class="force0">
			<property name="trigger" value="motor0"/>
			<property name="type" value="relative"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, .196, 0"/>
			<property name="ceiling" value="200, 280"/>
		</property>

<property class="force1">
			<property name="trigger" value="motor1"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, 0,.01"/>
		</property>

<property class="force2">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputUp"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, 0.03,0 "/>
		</property>

<property class="force3">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputStrafe"/>
			<property name="type" value="relativeTorque"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, .02, 0"/>
		</property>

<property class="force4">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputForward"/>
			<property name="force" value=".01, 0, 0"/>
		</property>

<!-- <property class="force5">
			<property name="force" value=".01, 0, 0"/>
		</property> -->

It works very well so far, but I have no way to lower the altitude. So, "C" doesn't bring it down.

Got any idea how to bring this baby back down?

Cheers!

Berytak

Controls are

• Spacebar = up/tilt back slighlty
  • C = Down/Tiltforward Slightly
  • W = Forward and Shift for Turbo
  • S = Slow/Brake/reverse
  • AD = Left/right

<property class="motor0">
                <property name="engine" value="engine"/>
                <property name="engineOffPer" value=".02"/>
                <property name="rpmAccel_min_max" value="0.01, .2"/>
                <property name="rpmMax" value="8"/>
                <property name="rpmDrag" value=".993"/>
                <property name="trigger" value="relative"/>
                <property name="type" value="spin"/>
                <property name="transform" value="Origin/TopPropellerJoint"/>
                <property name="axis" value="1"/>
        </property>

<property class="motor1">
            <property name="turbo" value="1.35"/>
            <property name="rpmAccel_min_max" value="0, 2"/>
            <property name="rpmDrag" value=".991"/>
            <property name="transform" value="Origin/BackPropellerJoint"/>
            <property name="axis" value="2"/>
        </property>

<property class="motor2">
            <property name="engineOffPer" value=".02"/>
            <property name="turbo" value="1.35"/>
            <property name="rpmAccel_min_max" value="0, 2"/>
            <property name="rpmDrag" value=".991"/>
            <property name="trigger" value="relative"/>
            <property name="transform" value="Origin/BackPropellerJoint"/>
            <property name="axis" value="2"/>
        </property>

<property class="force0">
            <property name="trigger" value="motor0"/>
            <property name="force" value="0, .195 , 0"/>
            <property name="ceiling" value="260, 280"/>
        </property>

<property class="force1">
            <property name="trigger" value="motor1"/>
            <property name="force" value="0, 0, 0.12"/>
        </property>

<property class="force2">
            <property name="force" value="0 , 0, 0.07"/>
        </property>

<property class="force3">
            <property name="trigger" value="inputStrafe"/>
            <property name="force" value="0, .02, 0"/>
        </property>

<property class="force4">
            <property name="force" value="0, .04, 0"/>
        </property>

<property class="force5">
            <property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
            <property name="force" value="0, -.042 , 0"/>
        </property>

<property class="force6">
            <property name="force" value="-.00084,0 , 0"/>
        </property>

<property class="force7">
            <property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
            <property name="force" value=".00086, 0, 0"/>
        </property>

19 hours ago, Zagan said:

@bdubyah Did you know that the GNX accessories have the same icon as the chassis? Kinda confusing.

Also, is there a way you can make it so that when I'm flying the helicopters I don't get pecked to death by vultures? Like can you make it closed so they can't get to the pilot? Maybe an auto turret item mod that shoots them or something? I mean it kinda makes me avoid flying them.

Yeah, I'll get the icon changed. It used to only have the body and then used dye in the recipe. Forgot the icon when I changed it over.

I'll have to look at the vultures. I can add a buff maybe so you don't take as much damage. But it seems to transfer damage entities do to vehicles to the driver, so even in bigger vehicles where they can't get to you, they can still hurt you. Probably intentional by TFP, but can be annoying. I've never really had many problems in helis though.

10 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

Hi Bdubyah, I found another issue in The Wasteland v.2.75.
The book "White River Survival Guide vol.1" did not give me a preferential trading price for buying and selling.

Thanks, think I've got it fixed.

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Yeah, I'll get the icon changed. It used to only have the body and then used dye in the recipe. Forgot the icon when I changed it over.

I'll have to look at the vultures. I can add a buff maybe so you don't take as much damage. But it seems to transfer damage entities do to vehicles to the driver, so even in bigger vehicles where they can't get to you, they can still hurt you. Probably intentional by TFP, but can be annoying. I've never really had many problems in helis though.

Thanks, think I've got it fixed.

Yeah, I don't exactly know how to fix it, but I was thinking maybe if you made an item mod that works like the electric fence and electrocutes them when they touch the vehicle. I made some mods that do electric damage using this line here in a buffs.xml...

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffShocked"/>

Maybe you can do something with that. There is also this one that knocks down entities. Maybe it could knock the vultures down...

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown01"/>

You have to change the trigger command a little, like onSelfAttackedOther would need to be changed so the trigger works right. Maybe,

onOtherAttackedSelf would be it. Just guessing here.

Edit: Yeah that does work actually. Just tested using this line on a rifle and when I'm attacked the Zeds are knocked down. So you could probably use the buffShocked line for that too.

<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherAttackedSelf" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown01"/>

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)

Eh, item mods are kind of beyond the scope of my mod. They are made to work like vanilla. If you don't want vultures to attack you or whatever, then there are mods that do what you posted. 

It is cool, and I might do something like that in my other mods, but for the AIO that's on the user if they want to add that sort of stuff. :)

What's the discord of this "THE WASTELAND" mod? I would like to get closer to the news and releases of versions, also to be able to enter the text channels and ask questions like: This latest version, applies only to the stable "A20" or can I use the "A20.1" and any fixes that are coming out, with this mod here!? I appreciate anyone who can answer. If you have a discord (repeating) don't forget to por. I want to come in. Thank you!

20.1 has been trouble free. In fact, Wasteland, Bdub Vehicles, VM Vehicles, NPC Mod, and some others were playing together very well without any warnings or game breaking issues.

That loot though...

The new system seems to assign % as a text value from veryLow to guaranteed (5% - 100% chance) with loot levels for different Tiers being weighted with progression.

In practice, for mods I've tried, something is really not working out well with it. For example, nests being given a veryLow setting which should be a 5% chance are more often than not rewarding with a 40-50% chance with slight changes over different biomes.

Whereas, I have not seen a single Railway Gun in A20 yet and I have checked far and wide, while A19 was very generous. A20 drop rate looks very generous though.

9 hours ago, arramus said:

20.1 has been trouble free. In fact, Wasteland, Bdub Vehicles, VM Vehicles, NPC Mod, and some others were playing together very well without any warnings or game breaking issues.

That loot though...

The new system seems to assign % as a text value from veryLow to guaranteed (5% - 100% chance) with loot levels for different Tiers being weighted with progression.

In practice, for mods I've tried, something is really not working out well with it. For example, nests being given a veryLow setting which should be a 5% chance are more often than not rewarding with a 40-50% chance with slight changes over different biomes.

Whereas, I have not seen a single Railway Gun in A20 yet and I have checked far and wide, while A19 was very generous. A20 drop rate looks very generous though.

Funny, I found my first railway rifle a day ago, maybe day 6 in game. It was quality 1 though.