(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

The rates probably do need tweaking but day 1 always seems to be a bit crazy and then it levels off after that. I hope to start a game tonight or tomorrow and just play some and see how it feels.

I just guesstimated the rates as I have way more entity entries now than I had before. So I went a good bit lower but it likely needs some refinement. 

It is certainly pretty intense in there, and adding the Vault Dwellers Addon Pack has really helped to balance things and give the player a breather. Only the incoming Vault 'Trooper' has been hired and the 2 green clad Power Armor Vault Dwellers taking on the Mutants just arrived as they heard the drama.

20220223132658_1.thumb.jpg.500e103764bc5b4f0b2cf47538df978c.jpg

On 2/22/2022 at 12:49 PM, Alan Lau said:

Is there any way to make it so Raiders don't appear on day 1?  It sucks to be trying to get through your initial quests only to get shot by a raider.  I can out run a raider with a knife, but I can't out run bullets.

Also, do the raiders no longer talk?  That was one of my favorite things about them.

Just pushed 2.87. Reduced the spawn rates a bit further.

I meant to add the voices back. I honestly didn't realize they had been removed. Lol. I'll get them in the next update.

3 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

- When the scorpion notices the player, it twists its body into a strange position.

I could observe this when a Scorpion is being attacked and is in its pain state.

20220302023107_1.thumb.jpg.a59de2b6dad688e40a8aafe6b34672d9.jpg

The Hell Dog is also having some issues in death state.

20220223010815_1.thumb.jpg.bc6d143b25f0f69e1e58e0d8de58ed94.jpg

However, in Vanilla game play there is also an abundance of animation state irregularities for the current Alpha 20.3 build and it appears there is a wider set of issues.

Typically the neck joint.

20220302024146_1.thumb.jpg.48b60f1929e5573424b3cfd1931f7ce4.jpg

20220302024524_1.thumb.jpg.d7a4772046ae471cd4b471716979843d.jpg

But it pretty much depends on the model.

20220302024841_1.thumb.jpg.d0f60bb3052382ac699e6d9ec64d5bee.jpg

15 hours ago, Namahagenader said:

Hi Bdubyah, I found another issue in The Wasteland v.2.83.
- Traders are selling the TemperedPlatingMod for free.
- When the scorpion notices the player, it twists its body into a strange position.
[The version of the NPC mod]
SCore:20.2.53.1854(Stable Release)
NPCCore:20.2.02.07(Stable Release)

Enemies with ranged weapons seem to spawn very infrequently, so for example, if an enemy has a pistol, the spawn rate could be increased to about 0.005.
I love that the player character now shows up while talking to the trader!

Thanks for the info. The scorpion issue is actually an extra line in NPCmod's template. Xyth should be fixing that soon. If you want to fix it yourself, go into entityclasses.xml and look for the animalTemplateHostileWalking template. There is a <property name="LookAtAngle" value="50"/> line that is causing the issue. Just delete that line.

And I will check out the mod prices. Thought I went through them but guess I missed some. The mutant hound ragdoll issue is also fixed. Thanks for the reports. :)

On 3/2/2022 at 3:10 PM, bdubyah said:

I haven't released it yet. It's just a little xml. I can post the bits when I get home tonight as I'm not sure how long it'll be before I update again. 

Could you post those bits when you get a chance?  Too easy for them to sneak up on me if I can't hear them talking :)

Oh, yeah. Sorry. May have forgotten. Lol.

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeTemplate']">
  <property name="SoundRandom" value="malehateroam"/>
  <property name="SoundAlert" value="malehatealert"/>
  <property name="SoundSense" value="malehatesense"/>
  <property name="SoundHurt" value="malehatepain"/>
  <property name="SoundDeath" value="malehatedeath"/>
  <property name="SoundAttack" value="malehateattack"/>
</append>

Add this into Wasteland's entityclasses.xml somewhere. Easiest would be at the top or bottom. Just make sure it is outside of any other append or insert function. This will add the voices to all NPCs that you have, even friendlies unless they have the properties set individually. Keep that in mind.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, bdubyah said:

Oh, yeah. Sorry. May have forgotten. Lol.

<append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeTemplate']">
  <property name="SoundRandom" value="malehateroam"/>
  <property name="SoundAlert" value="malehatealert"/>
  <property name="SoundSense" value="malehatesense"/>
  <property name="SoundHurt" value="malehatepain"/>
  <property name="SoundDeath" value="malehatedeath"/>
  <property name="SoundAttack" value="malehateattack"/>
</append>

Add this into Wasteland's entityclasses.xml somewhere. Easiest would be at the top or bottom. Just make sure it is outside of any other append or insert function. This will add the voices to all NPCs that you have, even friendlies unless they have the properties set individually. Keep that in mind.

Thanks, that did it.

On 3/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, Namahagenader said:

When a player approaches a prefab added in Wasteland, the NPCs that spawned inside the building seem to notice the player immediately after spawning and attack them all at once. This makes it very difficult to carry out the quest.
I am playing version A20.2(b2) 7dtd.
 [The version of the NPC mod]
 SCore:20.2.53.1854(Stable Release)
 NPCCore:20.2.02.07(Stable Release)

Yes, it certainly requires a new strategy. Some POIs give enough time to block off some door ways and other exits with blocks and hatches but not all. For those I have to put on my sneakers and run around the outside or block up to higher levels; especially with the Mutants. I've also installed the Vault Dwellers Add On Mod pack from Darkstardragon and bringing one or two on such quests helps to take the heat off of the player. Playing orthodox SP is a thing of the past with this latest build and is taking some adaptation.

The school is one of the 'easier' ones since the Raiders are mostly behind locked doors and it can be tackled in incremental stages. The bottlenecks with assistance from NPCs and turrets is as good as it gets. The Prison is a whole new level of adaptation.

20220303221607_1.thumb.jpg.080299838e796ccdbfcddddccbe1bf6c.jpg

There are just way too many wandering Raiders in Wasteland since the addition of the NPCMod dependency, many of them with automatic weapons. It's impossible to play the game without getting sniped daily. I don't want to play Rust. How can I reduce the frequency of random spawning of Raiders outside of POIs?

7 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Can look in entitygroups.xml. There are wasteland specific groups. I have removed NPCs from the night wasteland spawns for the next update so that might help as well.

Thanks for the pointer. I found the section
<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='ZombiesAll']">

and reduced all the probabilities by a factor of 10. Now mutants and raiders are dangerous and rare instead of dangerous and so numerous that they should form a club.