(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

@bdubyah

A question on ghoul radiation.  I haven't made any of those changes to the power armor radiation resist mod so this is using vanilla Wasteland.  Is it possible for the ghoul radiation to overpower the power armor radiation mod?  The reason I ask is on the roof of the grocery_store_03 near the center there are often 1 or 2 ghouls (I think my day is in the 30-40s).  There also some others I had not noticed before, something like normal feral ghouls?  They look more like a standard ghoul from fallout, could be just another zombie model?   Anyhow!  At that location even with the power armor radiation resist mod I get the radiation warning and some hp damage ticks, the ticks were pretty minor.  Can the ghoul buff stack or something?  Or does the buff increase with gamestage?  Just curious as it seemed previously that the mod negated those fields completely.

[Edit]
I'm all for cases where the mod is helpful (slower hp tick) but doesn't negate the mechanic completely.  Was just curious about possible stacking ghoul buffs, or maybe I was just hit in melee?  I was pretty close to them when they jumped out of the sleeper locations.

Edited by irongamer (see edit history)

I think I fixed that already, but I do need to test it. That was a regular feral ghoul. He does minor rad damage. Think of him as a feral, and the stronger one as a Glowing One. The more normal one is a regular ghoul someone made for me a while back.

It looked like it was set to block his rad buff, but I noticed the same as you when I was testing the sleepers for that POI. I made some changes but still gotta test it to be sure.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

On 1/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, bdubyah said:

Small update to The Wasteland pushed.

The Wasteland v2.75:

-Changed: Tweaked custom door positions to help aligment with other doors/blocks
-Fixed: Antivenom buff not properly removing
-Fixed: Door animation loop on rejoining a game
-Fixed: Energy weapon stat display

just curious, was the fix for door animation error just an .xml edit, or something you had to change in the model itself, and needs an update for server/players?

Loving the work Bdubyah. Wanted to ask is there a git repo that one could contribute to this project? Also,

Was trying to dig through the xml to see if I could figure it out but the vast majority of the raiders never seem to agro my players. The "boss" ones usually do (leaders?). We can walk right up to a grou pf them and pick them off one at a time and the rest never seem to agro.

The Rad Z seems to have a similar issue that the anti-venom was that the buff never wears off at keeps resetting to 60 minutes.

I was doing a quest in what I think is called Area 51 army base, and the hud showed one more zed in the closet off of the kitchen.  I obliterated everything there and around it with a rocket launcher, but couldn't see or kill the last zed, so was not able to complete the quest.  This is the POI that has 2 lookout towers on either side as you go in, a medical tent is the first building in the middle, then there's barracks on the left and mess hall with kitchen and above reference closet.  Behind these buildings on the right is a garage with army trucks in it.  

1 hour ago, Alan Lau said:

I was doing a quest in what I think is called Area 51 army base, and the hud showed one more zed in the closet off of the kitchen.  I obliterated everything there and around it with a rocket launcher, but couldn't see or kill the last zed, so was not able to complete the quest.  This is the POI that has 2 lookout towers on either side as you go in, a medical tent is the first building in the middle, then there's barracks on the left and mess hall with kitchen and above reference closet.  Behind these buildings on the right is a garage with army trucks in it.  

I believe this was reported a few posts back, and has possibly been addressed.

Soo uh after putting in my attribute points i ended up having my loot stage at 100+ at lv 1.....is that supposed to be normal? I leveled myself up and ended up having over 1000+ loot stage. i think it has to do with the luck attribute affecting the loot stage per level on a multiplicative level.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:47 PM, arramus said:

20.1 has been trouble free. In fact, Wasteland, Bdub Vehicles, VM Vehicles, NPC Mod, and some others were playing together very well without any warnings or game breaking issues.

That loot though...

The new system seems to assign % as a text value from veryLow to guaranteed (5% - 100% chance) with loot levels for different Tiers being weighted with progression.

In practice, for mods I've tried, something is really not working out well with it. For example, nests being given a veryLow setting which should be a 5% chance are more often than not rewarding with a 40-50% chance with slight changes over different biomes.

Whereas, I have not seen a single Railway Gun in A20 yet and I have checked far and wide, while A19 was very generous. A20 drop rate looks very generous though.

You're not wrong about the loot. Found a tier 6 auger at lv 5 and tier 6 steel axe at level 7. Looked at my loot stage (400+) pretty broken if i say so myself.

What version of the mod are you running? I just made a new game, maxed Luck and in the wasteland biome I had somewhere around 50-60 Lootstage after hitting level 8. I even made another new game and went to the wasteland before even reading the books and stood on the roof of the prison in Nav and read my books, gave myself level 8, and spent a point in Lucky Looter and was at like 59. I may still tone it down some, but if you go that hard into Luck it will gimp other things, so it's not that bad.

Hey,

First I'd like to say Great Job on all the vehicles,  we have been using them on our otherwise vanilla server for a long time.

But I have a question, (and sorry in advance if it's been answered, I did not see it when I looked around).

We used to use the MD-500 to load all of us into, to go on a remote mission.

-OR- 

When one of my teammates dies and spawns back at our main base, I would fly back and pick them up to bring back to their backpack.

And now in A20 it will not let any of my teammates get in as passengers.

I tried adding the new "Vehicle Expanded Seating Mod", but it is grayed out and will not let me add it to the MD-500.

It might be something we are doing wrong, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and again.. Great Job!!!

Hey,

First I'd like to say Great Job on all the vehicles,  we have been using them on our otherwise vanilla server for a long time.

But I have a question, (and sorry in advance if it's been answered, I did not see it when I looked around).

We used to use the MD-500 to load all of us into, to go on a remote mission.

-OR- 

When one of my teammates dies and spawns back at our main base, I would fly back and pick them up to bring back to their backpack.

And now in A20 it will not let any of my teammates get in as passengers.

I tried adding the new "Vehicle Expanded Seating Mod", but it is grayed out and will not let me add it to the MD-500.

It might be something we are doing wrong, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and again.. Great Job!!!

Alrighty, here we go. :)

The Wasteland

Updated to 2.8, for A20.2

Built on:
SCore v20.2.51.1725
NPCmod v20.2.02.06

Download at Git or Nexus

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
!!!EAC MUST BE OFF!!!
-Added: Support for SCore and NPCmod(these are now required to use Wasteland)
-Added: Reworked most NPCs to use new AI and features(no more dumb dumbs)
-Added: Additions to mutants: They now have some ranged versions, and they now random roll their armors on spawn(each piece that gets equipped when they spawn adds a bit of Physical Resistance)
-Added: Bandit Settlement POI by arramus, with mplogue's Hugh Manatie <3
-Changed: Reworked several loot groups(ammo, variant blocks, etc)
-Changed: Made death penalty max health debuff visible, penalty now won't occur on death until you hit level 5
-Changed: Nerfed Luck's loot GS boost a little
-Changed: Almost all POIs with mutants or raiders have been tweaked(sleeper count lowered, attack volumes removed, etc)
-Changed: Combined all guns into one asset file to save space
-Changed: Edited schematic description to add info about rereading them to gain quality levels
-Fixed: Power Armor radar mods not working
-Fixed: Awareness perk not working
-Fixed: Scorpfly using Hunter's attack
-Fixed: 4 POIs (store_grocery, both area51s, and barracks) that had an incorrect sleeper group assigned, causing clear quests to be impossible to finish
-Fixed: Snake venom not being cleared by antivenom
-Fixed: Rad Z not clearing properly, lowered its water drain
-Fixed: Missing recipes for Plasma mods
-Fixed: Some incorrect localization due to mod changes(ammo type, repair items, etc)
-Fixed: (Hopefully) Rad-B-Gone having a chance to give you rad poisoning if taken when you didn't have it already
-Fixed: Added missing localization for drug buffs
-Fixed: Unlocked levels of attributes not showing correctly(still dark with green locks)

Any feedback on how the NPCs feel would be good. Spawn rates haven't been tested near enough yet, so I went a bit on the low side to be safe.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

I made a POI (for use on my own personal server) that used some of the military vehicles from the All Vehicles mod (UH-60, MRAP, and both versions of Humvee and Jeep).  I was using them to decorate a military base, but once I cleared the base and set it up as the base of operations I wanted to clear out the vehicles.  The Humvees and MRAP I was able to clear (though they dropped the decoration block), however the Jeeps and UH-60 will not clear.  I even went into Dev mode and got the dev terrain gun, and it will not clear them.  Looking in the XML files I don't see any real difference between the ones that work and those that don't.   Any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I think on most of them I didn't set the MultiBlockDim to the full size to make them easier to place. Usually if you get beside them in the middle you can hit them. 

If you can get it into the editor you can delete them easier using Z. 

This is on a dedicated server, and it will let me rotate it (with X) but it will not let me delete it.  If I bring the save back to my local machine and go into "Continue Game" it will do the same thing as on the server (letting me rotate but not delete), and if I go into "World Editor" it edits the world as it was created, and not as it is.

I have found the MultiBlockDim location for all 3 of the problem vehicles, but I can't remove them.   Again, I can shoot that location with the dev gun and it does nothing.

This time I will be mostly using Survival and Agility traits.

4 SPIFSAL on Strength.

20220222185155_1.thumb.jpg.7846295e7fbf4f9433b2c9817d1d6138.jpg

None on Perception. A tough call on Salvage Operations but my server uses a Vehicle Respawn Mod. ^^

20220222185159_1.thumb.jpg.c61dd42b6189c1b0715bc32f20a14026.jpg

2 SPIFSAL on Intellect. Crafting is always essential.

20220222185203_1.thumb.jpg.84417ddde49d494694e2a9d88bf25d25.jpg

1 SPIFSAL on Fortitude because melee saves a lot of ammo until it is really needed.

20220222185207_1.thumb.jpg.0146e387390e6907dc206a8d97733125.jpg

7 SPIFSAL on Survival.

20220222185212_1.thumb.jpg.ac2fac4164ead7f3c77048d87f9679f4.jpg

7 SPIFSAL on Agility.

20220222185216_1.thumb.jpg.795acaf48a4f1448b48feb67e1ff1b06.jpg

0 SPIFSAL on Luck. I shall forfeit that and get some nice books.

20220222185220_1.thumb.jpg.1bd94bae4065df65d2f22e9c71551e3e.jpg

Yes, books, statue boosts, and temporary Skill items will suffice for moments of need.

Is there any way to make it so Raiders don't appear on day 1?  It sucks to be trying to get through your initial quests only to get shot by a raider.  I can out run a raider with a knife, but I can't out run bullets.

Also, do the raiders no longer talk?  That was one of my favorite things about them.

22 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Some are a pain,  but they weren't meant to be used outside of the POI I made them for. 

Only other thing I could say is dig underneath them and see if they will fall. I'll take a look at them once I can get Wasteland's dedi issue solved. 

Digging under them worked.   They fell and disappeared.