(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

2 hours ago, Wrought said:

Sprinklers don't appear to be working properly.  Before I place the sprinkler, the farm plots close by show has_water value is false.  When I place the sprinkler, the has_water value changes to true, but Water Source coordinates are 0,0,0 and the Water Block value is air Water instead of terrBedrock Water like the water pipes value.  I can only place seeds right next to the water pipe, but I can do that without a sprinkler, so the sprinkler isn't doing anything.

image.thumb.png.8b5d002000382b43b3369f9a4c34ee08.png

Seems fine to me. You do have it attached to a water pipe that is connected to water, right?

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Seems fine to me. You do have it attached to a water pipe that is connected to water, right?

Ok, based on your hotbar I think I see the problem.  How did you make the straight pipe and the valve?  I only have the "T" metal pipe in my crafting menus.  I ran T metal water pipes from bedrock to the farm plots and then put the sprinkler right on the T pipe.  It looks like maybe it goes water pipe>valve>sprinkler?  I don't see a way to craft the straight pipe or the valve, they aren't in my crafting menus.

Here is what my setup looks like and what my crafting menu options are.

Sprinkler.PNG

No valve or straight pipe in crafting menu.PNG

1 hour ago, Wrought said:

Ok, based on your hotbar I think I see the problem.  How did you make the straight pipe and the valve?  I only have the "T" metal pipe in my crafting menus.  I ran T metal water pipes from bedrock to the farm plots and then put the sprinkler right on the T pipe.  It looks like maybe it goes water pipe>valve>sprinkler?  I don't see a way to craft the straight pipe or the valve, they aren't in my crafting menus.

Here is what my setup looks like and what my crafting menu options are.

If you see the white icons in the upper left corner, it means that the block has a shape menu associated with it.  Select them then hold R down to bring it up (like the wooden frames).  You should see more options with the T Pipe block now.

Ok, I made it look like yours.  Still doesn't work.  :(

Whatdahayl.PNG

It seems to not think it has a water source, or else that sprinkler would be active and moving. Notice how in my pic it has particles around it, that means it is working. I didn't test with the bedrock connection though, so maybe that's where the problem is.

EDIT: Did a quick test and bedrock seems to work fine: image.thumb.png.5e9f2e83a22588bb696a71110e34a378.png

And this is what I see when looking at the pipes: image.thumb.png.670764e1958b151a28863f097c37f8bf.png

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

It seems to not think it has a water source, or else that sprinkler would be active and moving. Notice how in my pic it has particles around it, that means it is working. I didn't test with the bedrock connection though, so maybe that's where the problem is.

EDIT: Did a quick test and bedrock seems to work fine: image.thumb.png.5e9f2e83a22588bb696a71110e34a378.png

And this is what I see when looking at the pipes: image.thumb.png.670764e1958b151a28863f097c37f8bf.png

I still say these would be great to help put out raging fires from a certain someone's "For the love of all that's holy, don't light that match in here!!" mod

9 hours ago, bdubyah said:

EDIT: Did a quick test and bedrock seems to work fine:

And this is what I see when looking at the pipes:

Yeah, the pipes and sprinkler all show the same values you have, other than the water source coordinates are different. The only thing different that I can see from your testing and my experience is that I'm on top of a building and you are at ground level.  Not sure if that would matter for some reason.

Heredawater.PNG

Ok, tried it at ground level off a pond water source.  Still doesn't work.

So, just to be clear that I'm not missing a step, all I need to do is lay pipe from the water source, end with a T, place sprinkler on T, place farm plots, and finally plant seed, right?

Groundlevel.PNG

Edit: Does biome have anything to do with it?  The entire map is wasteland biome, FYI.

Edited by Wrought (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Wrought said:

Ok, tried it at ground level off a pond water source.  Still doesn't work.

So, just to be clear that I'm not missing a step, all I need to do is lay pipe from the water source, end with a T, place sprinkler on T, place farm plots, and finally plant seed, right?

Edit: Does biome have anything to do with it?  The entire map is wasteland biome, FYI.

Can you just confirm if this is in SP or on a dedicated server?

Dedicated server and affecting all server players, not just me.

Yeah, arramus repro'd the issue on a dedi as well. I passed it on to sphereii to see what he can do with it.

Also, do the valve blocks for the pipes give you any range increase either? Wondering if they are broke on dedis as well.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

2 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Also, do the valve blocks for the pipes give you any range increase either? Wondering if they are broke on dedis as well.

I'm not sure how to use a valve for range.  Intuitively, a valve just turns flow on or off so I don't know how to use a valve for range.  Do I just place the valve on the end of a T pipe and then place the sprinkler on top?

I just used them as a smaller range sprinkler as there weren't better options. As long as they are connected to pipes that run to water they should work. I think they have a range of 2, so in between just a water block and the sprinkler. You don't need a sprinkler with them, they extend the range on their own.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I just used them as a smaller range sprinkler as there weren't better options. As long as they are connected to pipes that run to water they should work. I think they have a range of 2, so in between just a water block and the sprinkler. You don't need a sprinkler with them, they extend the range on their own.

I tried a valve and it didn't change anything.  Could still only plant right next to the pipe.

Ya, this all checks out as a dedicated server issue and something in the netcoding which isn't quite allowing things to work as intended. The same applies for certain types of Quests as well. SP is just fine, but dedi servers are not working out. I'm just using the 8 plots surrounding 1 water block for now as it's working out satisfactorily. In fact, after a few harvests, the water level/volume is not depleting and may never. If so, a trade off for not having full access to the farming features.

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Try grabbing SCore v21.1.97.930 from this morning and try that out.

It's a beautiful thing.  The valve works too.

Heredacrawps.PNG

Edit:  I still don't see the spray animation and the water source coordinates are all still 0,0,0 but I was able to plant the crops.  I guess we'll see if they actually grow. 

Edited by Wrought (see edit history)

Can you clarify how Nerd Tank and Nerd Hulk are supposed to work?  I don't see any health added when I kill something.  Is it supposed to straight up add 35 health to your current health total or is it healed over time?  Also, does the health only get added for kills at less than 25% health like the damage output/resistance bonus?  Does the stamina bonus require less than 25% health as well?

10 hours ago, Wrought said:

Can you clarify how Nerd Tank and Nerd Hulk are supposed to work?  I don't see any health added when I kill something.  Is it supposed to straight up add 35 health to your current health total or is it healed over time?  Also, does the health only get added for kills at less than 25% health like the damage output/resistance bonus?  Does the stamina bonus require less than 25% health as well?

Looks like it isn't applying the amount properly. I just changed to to do instant health and seems fine now. Thanks for the heads up.

8 hours ago, Wrought said:

Solar Power bonus to Agility attribute doesn't appear to stack with the Power Armor statue bonus.  Not sure about Strength, I haven't found a statue for that yet.

Edit: Great Gray Owl appears to be working correctly

I just tested it and it seems to work for me. In this pic I maxed out Early Bird to get 3 levels of Agility, and used the statue for a fourth level:

image.thumb.png.4865144da58be0980b1ad7c6f175ff8c.png

Strength also seemed to function as expected.

Hy, I have a question. First Thanks for the great Mod The Wasteland! Fantastic Work!

I have the Problem, that the Bandits and Soldiers (Melee) don´t attack. They sleep and they only attack when I attack them. The ranged enemy NPCs attack. I use severel Mods but only the Wasteland and the NPC Mod for NPCs. Can you please help? My outputlog follow:

Best regards.

Ahh...is to big and only jpegs, etc.

here some examples of the yellow errors:

2023-11-06T23:13:48 215.361 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite/label[@text='{daytitle}: [{daycolor}]{day}[-] {timetitle}: {time}']" name="visible"  (line 2 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:48 215.361 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite/label[@text='{daytitle}: [{daycolor}]{day}[-] {timetitle}: {time}']" name="text"  (line 3 at pos 3)

2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.336 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITask-6']/@data"  (line 12 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.336 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITarget-1']/@data"  (line 13 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.337 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITarget-3']/@data"  (line 14 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.544 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='27']/@value"  (line 378 at pos 3)

2023-11-06T23:12:30 137.497 WRN XML patch for "buffs.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffEncumberedInv']/effect_group/triggered_effect[@cvar='$encumbranceEffect'][@value='0.026']/@value"  (line 50 at pos 4)
2023-11-06T23:12:30 137.497 WRN XML patch for "buffs.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffDrugSteroids']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@operation='base_set']/@value"  (line 51 at pos 4)

best regards

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, I have a question. First Thanks for the great Mod The Wasteland! Fantastic Work!

I have the Problem, that the Bandits and Soldiers (Melee) don´t attack. They sleep and they only attack when I attack them. The ranged enemy NPCs attack. I use severel Mods but only the Wasteland and the NPC Mod for NPCs. Can you please help? My outputlog follow:

Best regards.

Ahh...is to big and only jpegs, etc.

here some examples of the yellow errors:

2023-11-06T23:13:48 215.361 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite/label[@text='{daytitle}: [{daycolor}]{day}[-] {timetitle}: {time}']" name="visible"  (line 2 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:48 215.361 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <setattribute xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowCompass']/sprite/label[@text='{daytitle}: [{daycolor}]{day}[-] {timetitle}: {time}']" name="text"  (line 3 at pos 3)

2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.336 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITask-6']/@data"  (line 12 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.336 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITarget-1']/@data"  (line 13 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.337 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='npcMeleeBanditTemplate']/property[@name='AITarget-3']/@data"  (line 14 at pos 3)
2023-11-06T23:13:41 208.544 WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='27']/@value"  (line 378 at pos 3)

2023-11-06T23:12:30 137.497 WRN XML patch for "buffs.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffEncumberedInv']/effect_group/triggered_effect[@cvar='$encumbranceEffect'][@value='0.026']/@value"  (line 50 at pos 4)
2023-11-06T23:12:30 137.497 WRN XML patch for "buffs.xml" from mod "The_Wasteland" did not apply: <set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffDrugSteroids']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@operation='base_set']/@value"  (line 51 at pos 4)

best regards

I actually just made some changes for the sleepers to hopefully sort that issue.

Those other xml warnings are likely due to other mods changing things. If you are running other mods with Wasteland that's on you to deal with.