Interesting game 'mode' ive been enjoying

srsen

Recently started feeling worn out with the vanilla a17 experience but didnt want to put 7dtd away again just yet, so tried this.... and have LOVED it.

Play through your first 7 days allowing cheat mode to build ANY structure you want, dev tools n all - for horde night. Go crazy. I built a huge underground base from stainless steel connecting via huge tunnel to a poi mid city, connected with minibike. This structure is end game ready BUT do not cheat in any base defences... no blade traps, turrets, spikes, electricity, etc. Only allow the structure to be cheated in.

Now go and explore, loot, level up, etc without cheating. Ive found im exceptionally motivated to loot and trade in order to build up defences for my horde structure. I still need to grind, farm, kill, etc but i have this wicked base to come home to and improve.

Really bought out that creative buzz this game gives.

Try this for yourself..easily my fave playthrough ever and ive been playing since a11.

I put all my first 20 levels of rediculous grinding into Intelligence, because as a single player i have no choice and need to do it before i can rly start playing how i want.

You find all you need to solve that in the mod section. (and i dont link my mod now, it feels like advertisement spam this moment ^^)

Recently started feeling worn out with the vanilla a17 experience but didnt want to put 7dtd away again just yet, so tried this.... and have LOVED it.

Play through your first 7 days allowing cheat mode to build ANY structure you want, dev tools n all - for horde night. Go crazy. I built a huge underground base from stainless steel connecting via huge tunnel to a poi mid city, connected with minibike. This structure is end game ready BUT do not cheat in any base defences... no blade traps, turrets, spikes, electricity, etc. Only allow the structure to be cheated in.

Now go and explore, loot, level up, etc without cheating. Ive found im exceptionally motivated to loot and trade in order to build up defences for my horde structure. I still need to grind, farm, kill, etc but i have this wicked base to come home to and improve.

Try this for yourself..easily my fave playthrough ever and ive been playing since a11.

If you're having fun, you're doing it right!

SALQswn.gif

I use starterclasses for a comparable experience

i saw Games4Kickz playing a starterclass based mod recently and thought it looked interesting. Never played that way before though - perhaps for my next playthrough though. RP elements are always enjoyable

? my mods are XML edits. (since A17 with xpath)

I use notepad++ to write them.

Because the game only pushes XML from server to the clients i never cared about modding with a scriptlanguage in 7D2D.

- - - Updated - - -

I started a game with the initial quest giving 40 points instead of 4!

My starter class is a special forces operative flown in from New York (Last bastion of humanity) who lost his team and equipment in a plane crash. Its fun too!

Hmm looks like i really should add a "Imba" starting class as option.

How do you develop your mods anyway? Do you use some sort of engine or is it just straight raw coding?

? my mods are XML edits. (since A17 with xpath)

I use notepad++ to write them.

Because the game only pushes XML from server to the clients i never cared about modding with a scriptlanguage in 7D2D.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm looks like i really should add a "Imba" starting class as option.

Yeah same.

I just make a Modlet here and there.

Pretty soon I've got tons and they add up.

Voila... a Mod.

I will probably try that soon...

I have recently found I really enjoy taking over a big POI and making it your own, with additions.

In a single player game I hacked my game so I can build in the trader area, and I found that rather fun lol. I treat the trader as a guy I have to protect (the "core") and now I have a tower defense game... haha

One zombie on a horde night actually broke in to him yet he survived! I lucked out! Thankfully zombies don't seem to specifically really target him :p

Also with my friend we took over a huge skyscraper for our base. Fun times

I will probably try that soon...

I have recently found I really enjoy taking over a big POI and making it your own, with additions.

In a single player game I hacked my game so I can build in the trader area, and I found that rather fun lol. I treat the trader as a guy I have to protect (the "core") and now I have a tower defense game... haha

One zombie on a horde night actually broke in to him yet he survived! I lucked out! Thankfully zombies don't seem to specifically really target him :p

Also with my friend we took over a huge skyscraper for our base. Fun times

protect the trader... interesting concept for a sidequest actually. a trader could invite you to stay in his area for a week to ensure he isnt killed when the horde arrives

What has helped me is to use modlets. A couple from Red Eagle LXIX's collection in particular have been useful. The one to lengthen the day and then control how long the daylight hours are.

RELXIX_UIMENU_More24HourLengthOptions

RELXIX_UIMENU_MoreDayLightLengthOptions

not being the fastest or most organised of players this has given me much more time to prepare for horde night.

Hopefully we will get the options one day to set the horde night frequency, as I would be happy enough to have it every ten to fourteen days.

On my first play of A 17 (before 17.1 dropped) I took over a radio tower POI and assumed that the walls etc would be pretty good as a first defence perimeter, you can tell that I hadn't played this game for a long time....! That didn't go well....!!! I couldn't believe how easily the Z's could go through the walls and levitate up ladders.

er....this is how I play the game normally (minus cheat mode of course). First week is a scramble to get a decent box base up. Then from there we expand it.

protect the trader... interesting concept for a sidequest actually. a trader could invite you to stay in his area for a week to ensure he isnt killed when the horde arrives

we need this in the game, perhaps the next tier in trader quests

Archived