Random Map : how many traiders ?

Narima

We generate a random map and we have explored very much - but have found only one traider. We are on day 49 and have motorcycles.

How many traders are one rnd map ? Can it be that there is only one trader or does it have a size of 2 to 6 traders or it is complete random from 1 to 6 so it can be that is only one trader on the map ?

Traders in A17 won't be in the middle of no where like in a16, follow those grey gravel roads, that go away from the main road, the traders are often along those, at least thats what I noticed. As to the question of how many traders per rwg map, I do not have the answer, I am curious to this as well.

Five seems to be the standard number - one instance of each of the five trader NPCs.

If you browse to your 7 Days to Die folder and open /config/worlds/<your world name>/prefabs.xml in a text editor you can search for the word "trader" and you'll get five hits, one for each trader.

This will also give you their map coordinates (in E-W, Height, N-S format with 0,0,0 being the centre of the map and positive numbers indicating east, up, and north) so you can quickly look before playing on the map and see if there's a cluster of them close together that you want to head towards and settle in.

In my 17.1 RWG map, the closest trader to me was 14km away! No, seriously. I finished my initial survival tasks and this message appears...

YjnMXkw.jpg

(top right)

Now I had spawned at the most NE corner of the map, so there's that, and perhaps your trader link isn't the nearest one but I haven't found any other traders so far (and to be honest I've not visited any traders as I've not travelled the 14km yet).

My current map has 4 within ~700m from my base. It's nice.

This seems to be a thing in A17.1 b9. We too have a cluster of 3 traders all within 100 yards of each other. Never seen that in an RWG before. Of course we moved our base to that area immediately.

Our map has 5 traders so far, but we have only explored about 25% of it, so who knows.

Archived