I've been having a blast!

apostrophe

Mmh, If Empyrion fits into the survival category then Factorio is survivaly too. And sure, it actually has a "survival" tag on steam.

Well, then there is no question which game is the only one that can hold it's own besides 7d2d (IMHO), even though it is quite different (top down like RImworld, very focused on "crafting" stuff automatically). If you think the electricity system in 7d2d should have a lot more bells and whistles, then Factorio might be right for you.

I'm not into zombie apocalypse fiction but a "campaign" for 7DTD would entail writing characters, relations and dynamics, as, I believe, the genre is more about people than events per se, like in the Walking Dead franchise or Last of Us.

Couldn't have made that point any better.

I completely agree.

Especially TWD book series.

Much more than the show it focuses on people and interactions.

Eventually Zombies just become part of the environment.

I wouldn't mind some of that making it's way into 7DTD.

I am an amateur writer and spend time on writer's forums.

There are a TON of really talented writers who'd love the chance to take on a project like this.

They'll work for cheap too. They just want their first break.

I think TFP spending a little money to hire one or two of these people would be brilliant.

Crossing my fingers.

The thought of the clockwork blood moon oppresses you in your daily routine,

Agree with most of your post, except that "clockwork" part. Blood horde moons should be random nights, none of this 7 days like clockwork easy peasy mode.

Random horde nights will make the game heck of lot more challenging and scary.

Agree with most of your post, except that "clockwork" part. Blood horde moons should be random nights, none of this 7 days like clockwork easy peasy mode.

That's already on it's way.

Then you will like this option:

Blood Moon Range - Sets a random range that blood moons will happen. 0 is off. 3 would mean a blood moon can happen up to 3 days later than normal.

It is only plus since the start is determined by Blood Moon Frequency and range then adds to it.

The settings are:

Blood Moon Frequency (0, 1, 3, 7, 14, 30)

Blood Moon Range (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 20)

They are numeric options, so you could do others values.

Combined you can do stuff like every 1-2, 1-4, 1-8, 3-7, 3-13, 7-11 days.

That is a great idea. Terribly great.

build stairs to climb buildings or climb out of holes

Let me spoil your 7DTD 'virginity' with the following revelation: Nerd poling with wood frames...

A cheap, recoverable 'resource'. You'll never build stairs ever again.

Thats what fataal implemented.

If you want on average a horde all 7 days

Frequency 1 Range 14 (Horde all 1-14 days)

or

Frequency 3 Range 7 (after every horde 3 safe days and then 7 days the horde can come randomly)

I've vote for that. At day 250 , I just think oh now another hoard night.

Then another day after that clearing up the mess/repairing. A bit of random with maybe a longer gap would be better.

Oh and welcome to the party Apostophe! its nice for the game to get some new positive feedback. I've been loving it since 2013

and I've tried most of the mentioned survival games and nothing gets close to it for flexibility of play.

Let me spoil your 7DTD 'virginity' with the following revelation: Nerd poling with wood frames...

A cheap, recoverable 'resource'. You'll never build stairs ever again.

nah. will take me out of the game.

edit: precisely, it'll be immersion breaking. I'll take me out OF THE ZONE

Archived