What My Ultimate Blood Moon Horde Would Be.

OzHawkeye

So, with TFP talking about adding in a slider for Blood Moon Horde frequency, from as often as nightly (bringing back memories of the long lost Horde mode), to never for those not interested in the Horde, and some recent threads about it, I got to thinking would be my ultimate Horde option for this slider.

It would be: random.

And I mean, completely random. Not tied to any schedule, not tied to my game stage in any way.

The Horde could arrive, any time, day or night, 7 days after the last one, or 7 seconds, who knows. It would not be tied to my game stage, meaning I could get a horde of one barely alive crawler on Day 100, or a horde of a dozen irradiated, feral, stressed out, doughnut-starved, pissed off zombie cops 5 seconds after spawning in.

It would come with no warning whatsoever, no blood moon, no red skies, no lightning (at least until after the first zombie was engaged).

Now, that's a Blood Moon Horde frequency slider I'd like to see! :-)

Cool Idea. How early in the day of the bloodmoon should the player be warned in your opinion?

AFTER the first zombie is engaged. I'm talking zero pre-warning.

You hit random zombie x532-119-alpha-johnny and boom, suddenly it's red skies, lightning, blood moon, and somewhere between 0 and 50+ (+++++) of his best friends are GPS'ing in on you, whereever you happen to be, whatever you happen to be doing.

Mine would be nightly hordes, each getting a little bigger in size, with the biggest on day 7. Day 8.. small horde at night again, but stronger zombies. Day 9 a little bigger. Day 14 the biggest again. Day 15, small again, but stronger zombies. and so on.

I'm not really interested in the nightly horde being affected by gamestage. Perhaps wandering and POI zombies only. If I can't keep up with the gradual increase in difficulty each horde, then I should adjust my global difficulty.

(Sorry... as you know by the other thread, I am stuck on the Pimps maintaining the theme of some kind of day 7 event. I need a reason for the title.)

Mine would be nightly hordes, each getting a little bigger in size, with the biggest on day 7. Day 8.. small horde at night again, but stronger zombies. Day 9 a little bigger. Day 14 the biggest again. Day 15, small again, but stronger zombies. and so on.

I'm not really interested in the nightly horde being affected by gamestage. Perhaps wandering and POI zombies only. If I can't keep up with the gradual increase in difficulty each horde, then I should adjust my global difficulty.

(Sorry... as you know by the other thread, I am stuck on the Pimps maintaining the theme of some kind of day 7 event. I need a reason for the title.)

PM me your phone number and I'll prank call you every Saturday night.

You hit random zombie x532-119-alpha-johnny and boom, suddenly it's red skies, lightning, blood moon, and somewhere between 0 and 50+ (+++++) of his best friends are GPS'ing in on you, whereever you happen to be, whatever you happen to be doing.

wow...brutal. I would be open to giving that a try. It would add a lot of anticipatory horror to the game. I'm thinking that the current lightning and thunder in a clear sky starting sometime in the afternoon is pretty good.

One plus of random would be no more complaints of having to divide by seven.... ;)

wow...brutal. I would be open to giving that a try. It would add a lot of anticipatory horror to the game. I'm thinking that the current lightning and thunder in a clear sky starting sometime in the afternoon is pretty good.

One plus of random would be no more complaints of having to divide by seven.... ;)

Yes, I giggle a little at the "divide by seven" threads... ;-)

And yeah, no warning would be brutal, but it was be really suspenseful to. I mean you could literally not predict when the next horde was going to be. Would be excellent (though, programmatically, it could be a real PITA to try and do).

My idea is something is powering up before it discharges, causing zombies to react dramatically. Whatever it is has become out of control and is gaining strength.

Perhaps the event that caused the player to appear naked on a road is causing the hoards.

Anyway, my ideal hoard would not be able to smash concrete so easy (maybe radiated have a chance at doing damage) but also I could only make maybe 20 blocks of concrete mix a day (remember how long fertilizer took? That long!)

Alternate materials would be the main source for a base.

I love the random part. I'd say give us 7 days to get setup and then the random chaos starts!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually waiting for one of my detractors to come into the thread and castigate me for unprofessionally soliciting personal information and demanding I ban myself...

lol, you are an okay dude Roland. Don't let them tell you any different.

I'd love to try this option.

I would, however, like to see it activated after 7 days.

Still want a week to level up a bit.

It's the Stamina thing. It's just so handicapping in the first few days.

I am looking forward to the Random Horde...

maybe not as random as OZ was talking about, that's a bit much..

and, as others have said, random after the first one on night 7...

I kinda imagine it being sorta like:

Out looting late one afternoon...

*thunder*

"whel'p... reckon skies changin' "

"yeah'p.. reckon we're gonna get some vis'ters"

"mmhmm.. reckon should get headin back"

"reckon so.."

I'd like to have an option for blood moon nights to basically be a long series of wandering hordes popping up on you. It could be a lot more nerve wracking just because you know that you can potentially avoid them if you are stealthy enough, but if you screw up then it would turn into a standard blood moon horde, nightly.

I also think it would be interesting to have screamers as sleepers, especially as jump scare sleepers.

Edit: Actually, I think it would be best if the only jump scare sleepers were screamers, and there was just 1-2 of them maximum in all but the largest POIs.

Are the zombies actively hiding themselves in closets after they succumb to the infection? Is it just large groups of people that got infected and hid themselves in every closet in a building simultaneously and then died? Do people who get infected just naturally seek out closets to hide themselves in, and it just builds up over time? If those people were being actively hunted by zombies at the time, then the closet doors should have been broken down at the time too.

I'd love to try this option.

I would, however, like to see it activated after 7 days.

Still want a week to level up a bit.

It's the Stamina thing. It's just so handicapping in the first few days.

There you go! You get 7 days to die. Peace and quiet for 7 days before all hell breaks loose. I could get into that... as long as it makes sense with the name of the game.

Archived