Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Hi, I was curious if there were any chances of implementing these fixes, in particular the custom spawn point location in one of the next patch releases so I can update it from my dedicated server panel without having to go through what is described here: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server%20fixes , not comfortable with playing with my server files like this lol

Hi, I was curious if there were any chances of implementing these fixes, in particular the custom spawn point location in one of the next patch releases so I can update it from my dedicated server panel without having to go through what is described here: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server%20fixes , not comfortable with playing with my server files like this lol

Updating it is super easy. I don't even use the script anymore. Just download the file and extract it into the /engine/Mods folder. Start server, and it's good to go.

Updating it is super easy. I don't even use the script anymore. Just download the file and extract it into the /engine/Mods folder. Start server, and it's good to go.

I tried that but I'm renting a server from fragnet, I checked the outlog file and it says dedicated server so it should work. I uploaded the mods folder direction in the root folder where the other folders are. When that didnt work I tried putting it in 7DaysToDieServer_Data and it still didn't work. I just want to be able to set a fixed spawnpoint for everyone lol. I can't even find a list of command list. I just wish the spawnpoint.xml worked :(

When I asked the CS at fragnet they said to follow the mods instruction, the mods instruction seem to be for players run servers.

P.S. If someone tells me you can add yourself as friend and find each other that way I'm going to strangle them lol

Edited by kradden (see edit history)

If it's a linux server, you should have "Engine" which is where pretty much everything for the game is. Config folder, 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder, ect.

Inside Engine, you would make a folder called "Mods" and all of the files from inside the server_fixes.tar.gz go inside it. (Make certain you don't get a double mods folder. "Engine/mods/Mods")

If you have that done, then the server fixes should run just fine.

If you're on a Windows system, then it would just be in "7 Days to Die Server\Mods". I'm assuming you're running a Linux dedi since it's hosted though.

I see a smoothworld command on the console commands page but when I type it in I get ERROR: unknown command has it been removed or am I missing a step somewhere?

It's not in the public builds. Really gotta update the commands list page sometime ... ;)

@Alloc When I updated to the latest version the LOG menu alternative disappeared from the WEBGUI.

I have gone thru every part of you Server Fixes info aswell this thread but cant find anything regarding this.

You need the webapi.getlog permission for that part. But as it's not really working for now it shouldn't hurt that much not having it ^^

Ultimately probably everything will be merged to the core game. But that will take some time. There's no "custom spawn point location" related stuff in this mod though.

Also, you don't have to "play with the server files", you simply add this mod like you would with any other mod later on too. Nothing to be replaced, changed or whatever ;)

... I uploaded the mods folder direction in the root folder where the other folders are....

If the directory structure is right (as SylenThunder pointed out) this should work just fine, no matter where the server is hosted. The log could give further information as to why it's not working though.

I just want to be able to set a fixed spawnpoint for everyone lol.

As I said: Not related to this mod.

I can't even find a list of command list.

The command for that is "help".

@SylenThunder: I suppose most (probably > 90 %) of the GSPs that provide 7dtd hosting are running it on Windows ;)

So Alloc, is there any chance there's a fix planned for the teleport bug? Where it doesn't render fast enough and you spawn falling? Someone suggested adding a 5 second or longer delay after the teleport to give it a chance. I'm not sure, but it's annoying to constantly log out and back in after doing /home.

Alloc, would you please remove the horrible 7dtd background from the map display? Its absolutely horrid when used in that context. A Plain black or white background would be better.

Thank you!

You could remove the following in style.css or change background.jpg to something else in the IMG folder if you'd like.

background-image: url('/static/img/background.jpg');

Alloc, would you please remove the horrible 7dtd background from the map display? Its absolutely horrid when used in that context. A Plain black or white background would be better.

As schwanz9000 already pointed out you can easily remove it yourself. I kinda like the background so unless I get heaps of complaints (and something better to put there ;) ) it will stay in the default build.

Hey Alloc! Any news on any additional features/improvements in the works?

Nope, currently not really getting much time due to real live tasks. Maybe I can spend a few hours on it again next weekend :)

So Alloc, is there any chance there's a fix planned for the teleport bug?

Sure, but it's something to be "fixed" in the core game, gotta have a look at that, maybe I can get it in before A13.

Nope, currently not really getting much time due to real live tasks. Maybe I can spend a few hours on it again next weekend :)

Well, news that there is no news is better than nothing. :wink-new:

Question: Is there anything in the code that would prevent me from reverse engineering it to add se @ x,y,z myself? Or is there something that has to be added to the core game first? Didn't know if I could merge code from the tele and se commands together somehow.

I reeeeeaaallly want that for my arena build. Especially if A13 is several weeks out. If I have to wait, so be it, but I'm obviously terrible at waiting for things. LOL!!!

This will be the last time I bring it up, promise! :chuncky:

Question: Is there anything in the code that would prevent me from reverse engineering it to add se @ x,y,z myself? Or is there something that has to be added to the core game first? Didn't know if I could merge code from the tele and se commands together somehow.

OK. Nevermind. I see that se was not added by the Server Fixes.

I'll go sit in a corner now. :cower:

Hey Alloc, my server crashed today after i loged in on the livemap.

2015-09-03T22:55:39 3387.169 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 5275, count: 100)

2015-09-03T22:55:39 3387.169 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-09-03T22:55:39 3387.169 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetLog.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)
System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

2015-09-03T22:55:39 3387.224 INF Executing command 'pm 84641 "You are being teleported home!"' by Telnet from 67.205.111.132:39784

2015-09-03T22:55:40 3387.294 INF Executing command 'tele 84641 -3028 109 292' by Telnet from 67.205.111.132:39784

2015-09-03T22:55:40 3387.379 INF Executing command 'tele 84641 -3028 109 292' by Telnet from 67.205.111.132:39784

2015-09-03T22:55:41 3389.074 ERR GetRange: invalid end 49 (listOffset: 5281, count: 100)

2015-09-03T22:55:41 3389.075 ERR Error in ApiHandler.HandleRequest(): Handler getlog threw an exception:

2015-09-03T22:55:41 3389.075 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.API.GetLog.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ApiHandler:HandleRequest(HttpListenerRequest, HttpListenerResponse, WebConnection, Int32)
AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web:HandleRequest(IAsyncResult)
System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult:InvokeCallback(Object)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

You can load the crashlog here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/survival-gamers.eu/7dtd/2015-09-03_215912.7z

Question: Is there anything in the code that would prevent me from reverse engineering it to add se @ x,y,z myself?

Why reverse, my stuff is open source... ;)

But yeah, se is part of the core game.

Hey Alloc, my server crashed today after i loged in on the livemap.

You can load the crashlog here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66757750/survival-gamers.eu/7dtd/2015-09-03_215912.7z

That exception won't cause any problems, it's caught before it could do any harm. Can't look at the full log right now though.

The error occured after i wanted to look in a inventory on the livemap. :o

Just had a minute to check the full log. The error was at least 10 seconds before the crash ;)

Anyway, from what the log shows there's been nothing abnormal before the crash and the stack trace only points to an error within Unity's code. No idea what happened there.

Inventory view works fine on my server, but we had this error spamming when we switched to the Map tab, posted this earlier somewhere here.

Yeah, though the error should rather show up when switching to the *log* tab ;)

Highlighting an area on Alloc's web map

Does anyone know how to add either fixed markers or highlighted areas on the map? I could have swore i seen someone have a "no PvP" highlighted area on their map but cant remember now where i seen it. Any pointers on if this is possible would be awesome. Also, off topic but while im here - where is it that you set spawn points for random gen games?

Well a few weeks later and I was trying to figure out how to do this too. On my server (as on many others) we regularly reset the central city as it gets pretty torn up over time. So that players know exactly what are the reset area's boundaries, I added some code to Alloc's "map.js" file from this:

tileLayer.addTo(map);

new L.Control.Coordinates({}).addTo(map);

To this:

tileLayer.addTo(map);

/* Highlight the reset area */

var resetArea = L.polygon([

[512, -512],

[512, 512],

[-512, 512],

[-512, -512]

]).addTo(map);

resetArea.bindPopup("Blue area gets reset regularly; if you place a claim block here you will lose it.")

new L.Control.Coordinates({}).addTo(map);

Note that the co-ordinates above correspond to the four region tiles upon which our main city rests. If you have much larger cities, you will need to change these co-ordinates.

See the bitmap for an example: reset-area.jpg.e4d19351d7b5202b3e3b6ce7bdf76f8f.jpg

You can also see the live map here: http://zombiesofabaddon.enjin.com/webmap

Edited by blotavious
added URL (see edit history)