Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Alloc i need your help. I want to start A12.5 server and i need you fixes for them, can you help me? I read that i need rev. 250 files.

I went digging through my backups and found I still have rev. 250 (5_7_9), which was the version used in a12.5. You can download the Zip file here. I may have modded the web map background, but I can't recall offhand.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make it center the map on the selected player and keep it centered? I'd like to select a player and have it "track", but it only moves the map when they are at the edge, and they just stay at the edge unless they turn around.

Hi Alloc,

The icons on my server map do not display.

Here is an error message that I find at console and I am not sure if this relates.

2015-12-20T09:40:17 11726.755 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.Byte[]].Add (System.String key, System.Byte[] value) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.LoadIcons () [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Handlers.ItemIconHandler.HandleRequest (System.Net.HttpListenerRequest req, System.Net.HttpListenerResponse resp, AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.WebConnection user, Int32 permissionLevel) [0x00000] in :0 at AllocsFixes.NetConnections.Servers.Web.Web.HandleRequest (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in :0
2015-12-20T09:40:17 11726.791 INF Error in Web.HandleRequest(): System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.String,System.Byte[]].Add (System.String key, System.Byte[] value) [0x00000] in :0 at 

1.jpg.b9c07a66f818f3089f2403bd1bf5b124.jpg

Under certain conditions both the admins.xml and webpermissions.xml are being overwritten with some kind of default version where most everything is commented out.

No idea, should never happen unless it doesn't find a config. Reason *might* be given in the log when that happens though.

Would it be possible to add a disconnection option when players stay IDLE after the "Pess a Key to enter" Screen. Some player use this feature to be able to skip night when they are alone on the server.

Might be, but I normally try to avoid to add things that merely fix something within the game. As this could be seen as being against the game "rules" I might be looking into adding this to the core game. No promises on either if or when that will happen though.

ive had a prob not being able to see the icons in the player inv , anyone know a fix for that?

Depends on the reason. Mod updated for A13? Information in the log?

Alloc i need your help. I want to start A12.5 server and i need you fixes for them, can you help me? I read that i need rev. 250 files.

Old releases can be found in the same folder as the latest archive. Added a section to the wiki page with that info :)

Does anyone know if there is a way to make it center the map on the selected player and keep it centered? I'd like to select a player and have it "track", but it only moves the map when they are at the edge, and they just stay at the edge unless they turn around.

Planned for a future release, especially when adding the more playerlist centric stuff. For now there is no easy way without changing the JS code.

The icons on my server map do not display.

Is that server modded (items.xml / blocks.xml) by any chance? (I think I know what it is but at least in vanilla servers this shouldn't be possible)

Also, you need to re-install the Mod after each client update.

Definitely not with a client update and also for the server only if there are changes to the server code that break compatibility which again should only happen for major releases. Doesn't hurt to update though whenever there is a new release of the mod ;)

Planned for a future release, especially when adding the more playerlist centric stuff. For now there is no easy way without changing the JS code.

Thanks. That's what I figured. I tried looking into the code, but it's way beyond my capabilities.

Definitely not with a client update and also for the server only if there are changes to the server code that break compatibility which again should only happen for major releases. Doesn't hurt to update though whenever there is a new release of the mod ;)

I have noticed that with my Linux dedi, if I do not re-copy the Mod folder fixes over to the server after I update the engine, it throws an error at startup and they don't function correctly.

Next time it happens I'll post my logs. (Or I may force it later and post it, but I'm at work atm.)

Anyone else having a problem getting the map server to load since 13.6 (maybe 13.5 as well). I get the following in my output log:

"Webserver not started (ControlPanelPort not within 1-65533)"

And while the error message is pretty explicit about what is apparently wrong, I can assure you my ControlPanelPort setting is indeed within 1-65533 and it's reachable when the game is running as well. The last patch I remember the map working was 13.4 and I haven't changed my serverconfig.xml since then.

The code in Web.cs for checking the port is pretty simple and doesn't leave much room for a bug. Did the GamePrefs or EnumGamePrefs objects get screwed up in one of the minor patches? Or I'm I just having a weird problem on my own system. The server is Windows 10 running the 13.6 dedicated server and rev 254 of the server fixes. Everything else is stock.

Anyone else having a problem getting the map server to load since 13.6 (maybe 13.5 as well). I get the following in my output log:

"Webserver not started (ControlPanelPort not within 1-65533)"

And while the error message is pretty explicit about what is apparently wrong, I can assure you my ControlPanelPort setting is indeed within 1-65533 and it's reachable when the game is running as well. The last patch I remember the map working was 13.4 and I haven't changed my serverconfig.xml since then.

The code in Web.cs for checking the port is pretty simple and doesn't leave much room for a bug. Did the GamePrefs or EnumGamePrefs objects get screwed up in one of the minor patches? Or I'm I just having a weird problem on my own system. The server is Windows 10 running the 13.6 dedicated server and rev 254 of the server fixes. Everything else is stock.

Simply delete the complet files from alocs mod and recopy them. This fixed in the pass the problem.

Yeah I just figured out using Paint.Net and random experimentation with layer blending that it's a simple multiply blend. (But thanks a ton for your reply -- if I hadn't figured it out, I would have been stumbling around for a while on it still).

Anyone have a 12.5A Windows-based server and want to test my build?

What dmustanger said ;)

I plan to add more options to the map to filter out players so you don't see an endless list of players that aren't even active. So filtering banned or inactive users should become possible.

Hi Alloc:

I want to script something that allows me to remove banned players from showing up on the web map as "known" players. If they're banned, I don't want a flag on my map showing a banned player as "offline." I tried deleting the player data from $SDTDHOME/instance/Random Gen/seed/Player, but that doesn't affect the web map.

Further investigation showed that the web map keeps a persistent data store in the seed directory called "AllocsPersistentData.bin". Looking at string data suggests this is where the players data is stored. Can you share a little info about this file? What format is it, how to access it safely, etc.?

Thanks!

If you still need a Windows Dedi, send me a PM..

Simply delete the complet files from alocs mod and recopy them. This fixed in the pass the problem.

Sadly, no luck there. Stopped the server, deleted the Mods folder, and re-extracted from the rev 254 tar file. Same error message. Ironically, later on in the file it lists all of the GamePrefs and "GamePref.ControlPanelEnabled = 25080" is listed.

I can't get the map to work.

Console says:

Render map done

After I'm logged into my steam account on the map page it shows the correct Day and Time but I can't see a map.

Did I anything wrong?

Only thing log is giving me is:

2015-12-30T11:03:46 701.805 INF Steam certificate error: RemoteCertificateChainErrors
2015-12-30T11:03:47 702.547 INF Steam OpenID login from xxx.x.xxx.xxx:56670 with ID XXXXXXXXXXXX, permission level 1000

Edited by Kraudi (see edit history)

I can't get the map to work.

Console says:

Render map done

After I'm logged into my steam account on the map page it shows the correct Day and Time but I can't see a map.

Did I anything wrong?

Only thing log is giving me is:

2015-12-30T11:03:46 701.805 INF Steam certificate error: RemoteCertificateChainErrors
2015-12-30T11:03:47 702.547 INF Steam OpenID login from xxx.x.xxx.xxx:56670 with ID XXXXXXXXXXXX, permission level 1000

How are you viewing your map? Are you using the CBSM provided by Envul?

If so, you need to Authenticate your map EACH time you install Allocs server fixes.

Hi Alloc - easy question for you (I hope).

We were previously with one server hosting company, and had the mod installed on that server, and were able to access the map using port 25004 (and I don't remember the specific IP off the top of my head).

We've just changed to another server hosting company, and I installed the mod on that server, and am unable to access the map, whether I use 25004, or change the last digit on our current game port of 21158.

Is there something I need to set somewhere? I can't recall. Thank you!

Hi Alloc - easy question for you (I hope).

We were previously with one server hosting company, and had the mod installed on that server, and were able to access the map using port 25004 (and I don't remember the specific IP off the top of my head).

We've just changed to another server hosting company, and I installed the mod on that server, and am unable to access the map, whether I use 25004, or change the last digit on our current game port of 21158.

Is there something I need to set somewhere? I can't recall. Thank you!

Check your server log file for the text "Webserver not started". I started having the problem recently on my own server (as of 12.5 or 12.6). Haven't figured out the solution yet. But my post about it is here.

The map is console port +2. So if your console was on 25002, then the map would be on 25004. Check the console port in the server config for your current setup.

As I mentioned in my post, our current port is 21158. So I try inputting our new IP into address line of the browser, and have tried 21160 as well as several other ports that all seemed like they might work, but no luck.

Wait... I figured it out! While our port is 21158, when I looked in the config options, it turned out the control panel port was 21168. So I tried 21170 and that worked!

Thanks Sylen!

As I mentioned in my post, our current port is 21158. So I try inputting our new IP into address line of the browser, and have tried 21160 as well as several other ports that all seemed like they might work, but no luck.

Wait... I figured it out! While our port is 21158, when I looked in the config options, it turned out the control panel port was 21168. So I tried 21170 and that worked!

Thanks Sylen!

Ok I lied. Sorta. That is the correct port and IP, but for some reason we keep getting the error

[h=1]An error occured or you have not logged in. Try logging in with the Steam login in the lower left![/h]even though it shows in the lower left that we are already logged in. I have the permissions set correctly in the serveradmin.xml file, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something somewhere else.