Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Hello Alloc.

Just FYI, I'm getting sometimes this error, when I use rendermap command:

2015-08-04T03:40:33 1033.317 INF Error in MapTileCache.SaveTile: System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path D:\Games\7DTD\Random Gen\JITA\map\0\-3\-2.png
 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
 at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
 at AllocsFixes.FileCache.MapTileCache.SaveTile (Int32 zoomlevel, System.Byte[] content) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
2015-08-04T03:40:33 1033.632 INF RenderMap: 6192/32240 (19%)

Neto

Is anyone online when you run that, because they shouldn't be. Also, you should only run it if you had an existing map when you added the mods, or if you need to refresh it after removing a lot of region files.

So we run our server through GameServers, and I just updated to the latest Alloc's (which they provide on the site). Game still works fine, but now our IP:25004/static/index.html page is telling me that an error has occurred or I don't have the permission. I am listed as an admin on the server's serverconfig file, but not sure what else I may need to change. Any help?

Did you login through Steam, and are you listed in the admin file with permission level 0?

Yes to both, initially. I found some thread about Alloc's changes that said to change permissions to 1000 if you're logged in through steam, and so I tried that too, but no luck either way. No idea how to get it to work. I just keep getting:

error.jpg.9911cffd710327ceda12532e43faddbf.jpg

And if you notice, down at the lower left, I'm already logged in with my SteamID.

What does the log contain? Also, if the panel is accessible on the internet and you don't mind me looking at it you can send me the ip/port and I'll have a look at the frontend part (just make sure to set at least the webapi.gamestats or web.map permission to >= 1000).

Sorry for the late response (was totally working), here's the webserver files. Just drag and drop / overwrite what you currently have and you should be set but make sure you keep a backup. Only thing I'd recommend is changing the body background as it points to my site and I'm super lazy atm

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pzp25t

I assume the background image is taken from the game? If not, am I allowed to use it?

Is anyone online when you run that, because they shouldn't be. Also, you should only run it if you had an existing map when you added the mods, or if you need to refresh it after removing a lot of region files.

No one was on server and world is also generated, its huge... It takes about 2hours to generate map... But it just show these errors in server console. The map was working so no problem for me, I just send it to Alloc, maybe he will know something and it will help him...

I get the same exact error message when attempting to look at my map. Says I don't have permission. I tried logging in through steam and same thing happens.

I'm a little bit confused about how to set permission levels. Is there a way to just let anyone that logs into it see the map?

I really don't even want permissions I'd prefer that anyone be able to just open the online map than have to login through steam, seems like an unnecessary step to me. I only have like 5 people that are active at the moment.

Edited by xercesblue (see edit history)

Hey Alloc, its the same background image used in the forums and wallpapers floating around :p. I assume you can use it under the fair use rights. (That was my assumption when I used it at least lol, please don't sue me pimps!)

http://Http://serenityreborn.com/content/images/bg.jpg also my live maps down (being ddosd) so you can't really see what other edits were done :(.

Edited by Ynd21 (see edit history)

I get the same exact error message when attempting to look at my map. Says I don't have permission. I tried logging in through steam and same thing happens.

I'm a little bit confused about how to set permission levels. Is there a way to just let anyone that logs into it see the map?

I really don't even want permissions I'd prefer that anyone be able to just open the online map than have to login through steam, seems like an unnecessary step to me. I only have like 5 people that are active at the moment.

Use a RCON Tool to set the permissions

webpermission add web.map 2000

webpermission add webapi.getstats 2000

webpermission add webapi.getlandclaims 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerslocation 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerinventory 2000

Or open up webpermissions.xml (mines located in Saves) and copy/paste the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webpermissions>
   <admintokens>
       <!-- <token name="adminuser1" token="supersecrettoken" permission_level="0" /> -->
   </admintokens>

<permissions>
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="1" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="web.map" permission_level="1000" /> -->
       <permission module="web.map" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getstats" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" />
       <permission module="webapi.getlandclaims" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerslocation" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerinventory" permission_level="2000" />
   </permissions>

</webpermissions>

Check out the page alloc setup for more info: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Integrated%20Webserver#Permissions

Edited by Ynd21 (see edit history)

Hey Alloc, its the same background image used in the forums and wallpapers floating around :p. I assume you can use it under the fair use rights. (That was my assumption when I used it at least lol, please don't sue me pimps!)

http://Http://serenityreborn.com/content/images/bg.jpg also my live maps down (being ddosd) so you can't really see what other edits were done :(.

Thanks, I knew I saw this before ... that probably shows how much attention I spent on the page backgrounds ;)

Hey Alloc, I sent you the IP for the map. I've tried it both with no one logged in, and with myself logged in. The map had worked previous to updating recently. Which log files would you need?

Will upload a new version (web v8) in a few minutes, this will at least print the login to the server's log. Please try again by then and post the log + webpermissions.xml.

Basically what Ynd21 posted, just notice that this will enable every feature for anyone as opposed to only e.g. enabling viewing the map (but not executing commands or viewing player locations). If you want that you can use it as Ynd21 posted, if not only set the permission level for those parts that you actually want to be completely public.

Or open up webpermissions.xml (mines located in Saves) and copy/paste the following

Even though that's a valid option I don't recommend modifying the XMLs manually, the console commands make sure nothing gets wrong ;)

You know what I would love to see with the map stuff. Let me say being an IT guy I know it is always easy to say something that you would like to see and another for someone to code it. I would love to be able to track myself on the map. So while it is reloading it is moving the map with my movement so that I do not have to move it manually(I know lazy me). Just an idea, but I know ideas are not easily added to something. Either way keep up the great work. This is a great tool and a great game. Thanks.

Edited by Spackler (see edit history)

Will upload a new version (web v8) in a few minutes

I really like seeing these two fixes in the release notes:

Added checkbox to auto-reload tiles in a specified interval.

Fixed player marker clustering when players move towards each other or get farther apart

Thanks for the update Alloc! :encouragement:

I have noticed since the updates that the map is very hard to get to the inventory of players and almost impossible with players close together. I try to move my mouse to show inventory and it closes back to the blue icon before I can click it most times. Anyone else have issues like this?

Hi Alloc, regarding the "reload tiles" option. How is it different than just clicking the reload button on the browser?

Refreshing the browser resets the whole browser window and returns the map to the default view and settings. Refreshing the tiles only reloads the tiles of the map itself. If you are zoomed in on a location, only the tiles are reloaded and you don't lose your current location and your current zoom setting.

... I would love to be able to track myself on the map. So while it is reloading it is moving the map with my movement so that I do not have to move it manually(I know lazy me)....

Yeah, got that one mentioned before I think. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, no deadline though ;)

I really like seeing these two fixes in the release notes:

Fixed player marker clustering when players move towards each other or get farther apart

Unfortunately that added a problem as below:

I have noticed since the updates that the map is very hard to get to the inventory of players and almost impossible with players close together. I try to move my mouse to show inventory and it closes back to the blue icon before I can click it most times. Anyone else have issues like this?

Problem is with the used clustering library for markers. The hack to have those clusters updated (e.g. a marker moves out of the cluster range or inside of one and then splitting up the cluster or merging them) makes those popups disappear. As the player data is reloaded every two seconds that's the maximum amount of time you get from opening a popup til it's closed. Noticed that myself but forgot about it before shipping.

Will see how to fix this.

Hi Alloc, regarding the "reload tiles" option. How is it different than just clicking the reload button on the browser?

It doesn't reload the webpage but just the image tiles used by the map. So a lot less heavy on the browser and server and also faster ;)

/EDIT: Too slow ... :(

Problem is with the used clustering library for markers. The hack to have those clusters updated (e.g. a marker moves out of the cluster range or inside of one and then splitting up the cluster or merging them) makes those popups disappear. As the player data is reloaded every two seconds that's the maximum amount of time you get from opening a popup til it's closed. Noticed that myself but forgot about it before shipping.

Will see how to fix this.

(

Thanks for the update. I went ahead and fixed it by going into the map.js line 180 and updating the following.

Original - 2 Seconds

})
	.always(function() {
		window.setTimeout(updatePlayerEvent, 2000);
	});

Modified - 20 seconds (Just the number I chose)

})
	.always(function() {
		window.setTimeout(updatePlayerEvent, 20000);
	});

Does anyone know how to add either fixed markers or highlighted areas on the map? I could have swore i seen someone have a "no PvP" highlighted area on their map but cant remember now where i seen it. Any pointers on if this is possible would be awesome. Also, off topic but while im here - where is it that you set spawn points for random gen games?

Use a RCON Tool to set the permissions

webpermission add web.map 2000

webpermission add webapi.getstats 2000

webpermission add webapi.getlandclaims 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerslocation 2000

webpermission add webapi.getplayerinventory 2000

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webpermissions>
   <admintokens>
       <!-- <token name="adminuser1" token="supersecrettoken" permission_level="0" /> -->
   </admintokens>

<permissions>
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="1" /> -->
       <!-- <permission module="web.map" permission_level="1000" /> -->
       <permission module="web.map" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getstats" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.executeconsolecommand" permission_level="0" />
       <permission module="webapi.getlandclaims" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayersonline" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerslocation" permission_level="2000" />
       <permission module="webapi.getplayerinventory" permission_level="2000" />
   </permissions>

</webpermissions>

Check out the page alloc setup for more info: https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Integrated%20Webserver#Permissions

Thanks! That worked for me :)

Does anyone know how to add either fixed markers or highlighted areas on the map? I could have swore i seen someone have a "no PvP" highlighted area on their map but cant remember now where i seen it. Any pointers on if this is possible would be awesome. Also, off topic but while im here - where is it that you set spawn points for random gen games?

There are probably better ways, but I just modified the "Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering\webserver\background.jpg" image and put some text or a logo over it. In regards to spawning, I have had no luck myself. Modifying the "\Data\Worlds\Random Gen\spawnpoints.xml" file doesn't work and "Game Default Spawn Coords" in FrontrunnerTek doesn't work either.