Day 2 bears

GaleKast

Ok, dunno if I was just very unlucky but I went to one of those camps with the crushed cars as a wall and one big tent and found two zombie bears and 2 dogs waiting for me inside. Fortunately I had peaked over the wall so managed to take them out from range but this seems like quite an excessive presence for a tiny poi with one Shamway box at level 2 or 3 on day 2! Loving the new difficulty but damn this one gave me a shock!

Don't worry, had a 2 bears and pack of dogs attack our and bf house at like 2-3 day or something, it was on survivalist so they were tanky and took a while of kitting to take down. Yes, that is a little much, considering zombie bears are one of strongest enemies in the game.

I know exactly the POI the OP describes. It had 3 bears when I found it. Fortunately they all got stuck trying to leave the place and I could pick them off. Understand that certain POIs - such as this one - have a pre-determined set of enemies in them, so will always contain more or less the same. It is nothing to do with day 2, just your luck in finding that POI.

Had this on day one to be honest, along with 2 wolves that appeared out of nowhere. Now to be fair, I'm pretty experienced with 7DtD so they were easily avoided (not dispatched as I simply didn't have the weapons for that), I'd imagine less experienced players could end up getting very annoyed with it.

My biggest issue regarding animals is that they don't really tell you they are about. Sure, sometimes you'll get a wolf howl, but overall I rarely hear any animal other than the boars. It feeds into the vocality of all "mobs" in the game. Fire zombies I hear because they crackle all the time, cops and tourists make a noise when walking but other than that it just seems like random luck if you hear anything before you are attacked.

yeah those camps pois are scary either they got bears wolfs and vultures and they ofc hurt with no armor, luckily i made it up to a roof top hehe in full panic but i got 72 meat from it XD just be careful what point u enter suddenly there is zombies all around u if u dont care

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i noticed this too, suddenly under a three there is a black wolfs and hes howling and i lucky af manage to have enough stamina and getting out of sight before it catched up, but yeah wolfs are wierd either u see then and they dont react inside and or they run at u before u see them and ure ded to bleed. either way scary af xD

A bear saved me on day 2 with no food half stamina and down to ten arrows i just managed to kill it , even had to use one of its own bones to make a shiv to get more meat. Personally i enjoy these random encounters, it can be unfortunate at times but hey if there was no risk the game would be a lot less enjoyable. It can genuinely be thrilling to be totally unprepared and have a few seconds to fight or flee, living through a few of them can really improve your gameplay fast.

Was this a game that you started in the current build?

This was after starting a new game prior to the most recent update. So there hadnt been an update since I started the game. Today I loaded it up and there are non zombie bears everywhere, in shops and houses and all over the place. Am assuming the latest update scrambled something so I will be starting fresh again! Did make me laugh though, flicked on god mode and no collision and had a look around and it seemed like 50% of zombie sleeper spawns were non zombie bears! I like difficulty but that's taking the piss :)

My biggest issue regarding animals is that they don't really tell you they are about. Sure, sometimes you'll get a wolf howl, but overall I rarely hear any animal other than the boars. It feeds into the vocality of all "mobs" in the game. Fire zombies I hear because they crackle all the time, cops and tourists make a noise when walking but other than that it just seems like random luck if you hear anything before you are attacked.

It does keep me on my toes and provides more than a few "oh crap" moments. But I agree it would be nice if there were some audible clues I'm about to become "food" lol.

Ok, dunno if I was just very unlucky but I went to one of those camps with the crushed cars as a wall and one big tent and found two zombie bears and 2 dogs waiting for me inside. Fortunately I had peaked over the wall so managed to take them out from range but this seems like quite an excessive presence for a tiny poi with one Shamway box at level 2 or 3 on day 2! Loving the new difficulty but damn this one gave me a shock!

OP I am clearing out a poi on day 4 thats had 8 bears in it so far lol its the one with the curved car cover outside leading to top floors.....ive only cleared 2 floors so far as its peek in a bit farther,scream oh no no no and run out to my rock to kill the bears lol ive got enough bear nuts to make the cleveland bears and over 2 stacks of meat in base. god,to the fun pimp who designed this you are a sick SOB and I love you for it

OP I am clearing out a poi on day 4 thats had 8 bears in it so far lol its the one with the curved car cover outside leading to top floors.....ive only cleared 2 floors so far as its peek in a bit farther,scream oh no no no and run out to my rock to kill the bears lol ive got enough bear nuts to make the cleveland bears and over 2 stacks of meat in base. god,to the fun pimp who designed this you are a sick SOB and I love you for it

Correction--- I am down to the basement now after a total of 14 bears lol sitting at almost 3 stacks of meat since they 49 meat per on vanilla unmodded and I see the feet of one sticking out as I go down..I will post screenshots of what I can soon but found out how to use the stairs to make a bear trap but Im on my second stack of arrows and my lv2 comp bow is almost broken haha

bears are fine... they make a very noticable sound every few seconds... wolves on the other hand... they don't until you are basically inside them :D

but yeah... day 2 is insane and i had that as well (feral wolf)

But 19 bears in total in a house?lol granted there was a cement mixer for me to use down at the bottom but im sitting at 38 bear nuts and close to 3.5 stacks of meat now

day 4 game stage 28 and got two lvs from it so up to lv16 now,im gonna post pics here in a min lol

- - - Updated - - -

bears are fine... they make a very noticable sound every few seconds... wolves on the other hand... they don't until you are basically inside them :D

but yeah... day 2 is insane and i had that as well (feral wolf)

But 19 bears in total in a house?lol granted there was a cement mixer for me to use down at the bottom but im sitting at 38 bear nuts and close to 3.5 stacks of meat now

day 4 game stage 28 and got two lvs from it so up to lv16 now,im gonna post pics here in a min lol

Yeah there's a definite step up in difficulty.

Bears are just one of the many hazards now that'll get your attention quick.

I'm loving it!

Sorry.... I know some people hate it and I understand that.

I just love how hard it's gotten! It's tough now!

I'm actually nervous every time I walk up to a POI.

"Am I gonna die here??"

"Bears!!!! Uh..... maaaaybe I'll just skip this one..."

33bW8Fg.gif

I agree lucky lol I just died 4 times in the sewer arena POI becuase of 5 bears upstairs,another 4 down in arena,3 wolves and oh did I mention I somehow had a screamer over top of me as I was fighting?? XD Forgot a shovel so I was having to dig my way out with the pick and couldnt open the hole big enough for me but screamer and 4 of her friends dropped down to say hi

Playing dead is dead is a whole new challenge now and is a lot better for it. Had so many stupid deaths trying to play like its a16 and so many "hell no!" and panic moments. Really enjoying the game again, when I'm alive that is!

I can understand new players being frustrated at initial difficulties, starting off on lowest level really isnt that bad and it doesnt take long to pick up some new tricks. Bow and sneak skills are really effective now after a few levels as long as youre careful over noise levels and headshots and it tends to be noise/proximity/light that gives you away. Well, that and stupidity! got me max level in that!

Archived