SDX 0.7.3 - Alpha 17

HAL9000

I am trying to use this and compile some mods but when it gets to localizations it just fails with "Element already added with the same key".

It might not be the same but its translated as the error come out in Norwegian, but this prevents me from using any SDX Mods at all.

Is anyone able to help?

Try the beta for 0.7.4 it should have more information about where the duplicate is: http://7d.l9000.co.uk/SDX0.7.4Test.zip

Make sure you don't have any empty lines, two of those would count as the same key

I tried to run 0.7.4 as you asked but it fails with "Build error at stage 2 Element already added with the same key" at the same spot it failed before.

Also i dont know what you mean with empty lines, i only downloaded a few SDX Mods to install.

Side Question, what exactly does this "Build with Ini File" button do?

I tried to run 0.7.4 as you asked but it fails with "Build error at stage 2 Element already added with the same key" at the same spot it failed before.

Also i dont know what you mean with empty lines, i only downloaded a few SDX Mods to install.

Ignore the BUild with Ini File. It's legacy :)

Can you post your Localization.txt files?

In which direction moves the development for SDX? What changes ?

We're trying to get it to do less really. SDX should only be doing stuff that the vanilla game doesn't support yet. So that's Localisation and custom code / DLL modifying.

There's also extra options for automating the build process so SphereII's mod launcher can take the pain away from people that don't know what their doing.

Yeah share your localization file or zip your whole mod folder so we can test the build

Here is a link to a Zip file with the mods i try to compile. I compressed all the folder located at Targets/7 Days to Die/Mods. As far as i know i might have hit a incompatibility between some of the mods or i might have done something wrong here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhew23ykks3s925/Mods.zip?dl=1

I noticed that SDX does load upon starting 7 Days to Die but obviously no mods with it. Is there any more info i need to provide?

I am trying to run sdx and send it to my rented dedi server but it keeps telling me cant find mods on d: how do we compile for a rented dedi server so it can find files and mods?

Compile it locally then copy the Mods folder and the Assembly-CSharp.dll and mods.dll file to the server using FTP

Here is a link to a Zip file with the mods i try to compile. I compressed all the folder located at Targets/7 Days to Die/Mods. As far as i know i might have hit a incompatibility between some of the mods or i might have done something wrong here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhew23ykks3s925/Mods.zip?dl=1

I noticed that SDX does load upon starting 7 Days to Die but obviously no mods with it. Is there any more info i need to provide?

That compiles ok for me so I'd suggest starting again from scratch. Delete the whole 7DTD folder and redownload from steam, grab a new copy of SDX and use the zip you uploaded for the mods.

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

ERROR: The Assembly-CSharp.dll file is missing from the game directory. Can't do much without that!

ERROR: Task Backup game files failed

EVENT: Action completed at: 2019-02-27 7:14:17 PM and took 0.03 seconds

getting this error when building, with or without mods, but the file is definitely there.

Hi!

I have trouble with getting this to work with dedicated server.

2019-03-06T04:19:03 0.215 INF Parsing server configfile: J:/7D2D SDX VERSIONS/7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../serverconfig.xml

2019-03-06T04:19:03 0.243 ERR Error parsing configfile property 'BlockDamagePlayer': Unknown config option

2019-03-06T04:19:03 0.243 INF Make sure your configfile is updated the current server version!

2019-03-06T04:19:03 0.243 INF Startup aborted due to the given error in server configfile

2019-03-06T04:19:03 0.243 INF Dedicated server only build

Any idea what is wrong?

Yeh you need to get the serverconfig.xml file from whatever version of the game you're actually running, instead of using one from a prior version.

Weird, it is definitely the 17.2 server version. Redownloaded 17.2 dedicated server again from steam, and built it with SDX 0.7.3 and got the same error. Then I tried with SDX 0.7.4 and it worked, but I got other errors now.

2019-03-06T09:52:13 31.210 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed

2019-03-06T09:52:13 31.210 EXC External 3D model with name 'Rocks/Rock01' not found! Maybe you need to create the atlas first?

2019-03-06T09:52:13 31.481 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'buffs.xml' failed

2019-03-06T09:52:13 31.481 EXC The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

ArgumentException: The requested value 'Bartering' was not found.

2019-03-06T09:52:14 31.930 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed

2019-03-06T09:52:14 31.930 EXC Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!

Exception: Unknown block name 'wallTorchLightPlayer' in use_action!

Hello elaola,

When changing alpha versions (17.1 to 17.2 for example) there's a backup folder where SDX is installed that needs removing. On a new build it caches a bunch of files that need clearing out. That's why 0.7.4 worked (no backups)

Cheers,

Hal

Hello elaola,

When changing alpha versions (17.1 to 17.2 for example) there's a backup folder where SDX is installed that needs removing. On a new build it caches a bunch of files that need clearing out. That's why 0.7.4 worked (no backups)

Cheers,

Hal

But it still does not work for me. :(

It seems impossible to make it work. Brand new flawlessly downloaded 17.2 version dedicated server from steam. I go into SDX 0.7.4 and setup the directory and then press build. Then when I try to run start dedicated server it gets overrun by red errors.

update:

I tried build again and again and again. Then I tried restarting the server and for some odd reason, the red errors are gone. I really do not understand this tool at all. But I hope I do not have to encounter any more problems.

EDIT: No, it does not work again. Can anyone help me out, cause I am about to give up getting this to work.

When I try to join the dedicated server. This message pops up in the dedicated server window:

2019-03-06T20:03:40 96.478 ERR NCSimple_Serializer (cl=76*********** ch=0):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I replaced my steam id with asterisks, just because.

But it still does not work for me. :(

It seems impossible to make it work. Brand new flawlessly downloaded 17.2 version dedicated server from steam. I go into SDX 0.7.4 and setup the directory and then press build. Then when I try to run start dedicated server it gets overrun by red errors.

update:

I tried build again and again and again. Then I tried restarting the server and for some odd reason, the red errors are gone. I really do not understand this tool at all. But I hope I do not have to encounter any more problems.

EDIT: No, it does not work again. Can anyone help me out, cause I am about to give up getting this to work.

When I try to join the dedicated server. This message pops up in the dedicated server window:

I replaced my steam id with asterisks, just because.

It's probably something missing or a dodgy mod. I'd suggest starting from scratch. Delete all folders (game, SDX, mods) download each fresh and then install one mod at a time until you hit the error. Only install mods that you know are for 17.2 and working.

Don't take any shortcuts, wipe everything back and take it one step at a time.

I was looking thru what ended up being an old tutorial lol but wanted to know in this version do I have to leave the compiled mods in the mods folder or can I delete them cause I thought I read that once it is compiled you didnt have to leave them in the mods folder?

I was looking thru what ended up being an old tutorial lol but wanted to know in this version do I have to leave the compiled mods in the mods folder or can I delete them cause I thought I read that once it is compiled you didnt have to leave them in the mods folder?

Leave them in which MOds folder? I don't think there's any harm to keeping them all

in the 7dtd game folder that sdx modifies if they are not needed then it is less I have to copy and put on wifes and families comps

if your SDX mod only contains PatchScripts and Scripts, then no. However, if it contains resources or configs, yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this with modlets, but when I launch SDX none of the modlets are detected and I get lots of errors. Is there a way to both?

I deleted my 7d2d folder and any loose files that were in it.

Reinstalled the game.

Installed SDX and The SDX version of Elevators then comfirmed it worked.

Copied my Mods folder backup into the game directory and launched through the SDX program.

LOTS of errors in the console.

Archived