SDX 0.7.3 - Alpha 17

HAL9000

Thanks. I *think* I understand this! hehe

1) Do we now get rid of the file structure of a16 SDX and instead have a single .xml file for each file? ie Config folder contains items.xml, blocks.xml, all with the relevant mods? I'm sorry to ask you to explain this, but maybe you could send a screenshot of the file structure and a screenshot of a working mod so I know exactly what i'm supposed to be doing? Thank you very much.

1b) So if they don't MERGE any more, am i right in thinking that it uses the "vanilla" xml, but then adds/makes changes based on the mod xml files, without physically changing the vanilla files? A little confused, i gotta say...

2) Remove "<config name="items"> </config> from all mods. Gotcha.

If you could attach an example mod with exact instruction how to implement it into SDX i would be your best friend ever. ;)

Well, I could always use a new best friend :)

Take a look at my SDX Repo for some ideas: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods

The folder structure of an SDX mod for A17 is very similar to A16. There's a few notable rules:

1) The XML folder must be called Config. This is so the vanilla game will find the folder.

2) The XML files must match their vaniila file names. Item changes need to be in items.xml. windows.xml changes must be in XUi/windows.xml, etc

3) PatchScripts and Scripts remain the same

4) Localization.txt and Localization - Quests.txt, if found, will be merged into the vanilla files.

You are correct that SDX does not merge the XML anymore. This is left for the base game to deal with, using its modlet logic.

SDX copies your Config, Resources, ItemIcons, etc folders over into your vanilla game under the Mods folder.

The assemly load failure is caused by a missing parameter in the exe config. For any reason newer Windows 10 Versions will not load all assemblys by default.

In order to fix this, you need to add the following parameter to the SDX7DTD.exe.config:

<runtime>

<loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>

Then it will load normal again :)

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, if someone has an error like 'Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found' you have to activate .NET Framework 3.5 (incl. .NET 2.0 and 3.0) at your Windows features instead of only having .NET 4.7

I'm not good with this stuff and it took me over an hour to find out on my own. Maybe it helps somebody.

By the way, if someone has an error like 'Compiler executable file csc.exe cannot be found' you have to activate .NET Framework 3.5 (incl. .NET 2.0 and 3.0) at your Windows features instead of only having .NET 4.7

I'm not good with this stuff and it took me over an hour to find out on my own. Maybe it helps somebody.

I just came here to post this as I just had this problem myself. Heres the link for the 3.5 framework. https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=22

i am getting this error"

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

ERROR: The Assembly-CSharp.dll file is missing from the game directory. Can't do much without that!

ERROR: Task Backup game files failed

EVENT: Action completed at: 2/2/2019 2:03:32 PM and took 0.63 seconds

Hi all,

I've been going down a pretty deep rabbit hole lately and trying to make a few mods of my own.

Thank you all for the great tutorials, xyth in particular has some great unity tutorials that have helped me immensely!

When I try to run the exe for the SDX I get the following error:

1450798759_.netframeworkerror.jpg.ab85ffee629a6352aafa5f6c7b5f3f7b.jpg

I've made sure my framework is up to date and also enabled 3.5 2/3 in windows features.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I've been going down a pretty deep rabbit hole lately and trying to make a few mods of my own.

Thank you all for the great tutorials, xyth in particular has some great unity tutorials that have helped me immensely!

When I try to run the exe for the SDX I get the following error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27499[/ATTACH]

I've made sure my framework is up to date and also enabled 3.5 2/3 in windows features.

Any ideas?

Right click on the SDX7DTD.exe and go to Properties, see if it's "Blocked"

I read that in the windows link it provides...but i do not see the option?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27501[/ATTACH]

Probably means it's unlocked.

Edit the SDX7DTD.exe.config file and add in <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /> as below:

<configuration>
   <startup> 

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1" /></startup>
 <runtime>
[size=5]  <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
[/size]    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
     <dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity name="System.IO.FileSystem" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
       <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.2.0" newVersion="4.0.2.0" />
     </dependentAssembly>

a legend

Probably means it's unlocked.

Edit the SDX7DTD.exe.config file and add in <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /> as below:

<configuration>
   <startup> 

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1" /></startup>
 <runtime>
[size=5]  <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
[/size]    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
     <dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity name="System.IO.FileSystem" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />
       <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.2.0" newVersion="4.0.2.0" />
     </dependentAssembly>

worked perfectly, thank you !!!

Archived