Elevator for A17

three08

Travels 10 blocks, requires 11 as it sits 1 block into the floor. Works with the vanilla version of A17. Not tested in MP but it should work if all players as well as the server have the mod installed. Bigger and better version coming soon! Let me know what sizes you want.

Note:

If you use SDX get the SDX version instead it has unlimited number of floors that you place at whatever height you want.

Just add the folder from the download to YourGameFolder/Mods

Download Link

If you use SDX get this version instead that allows you to place the floors at any height

[video=youtube_share;66xMa3MYeSg]

Nice. How does that work? Creating it, I mean, without sdx.

The basic block for it has been in the game since a16. You just tweak it a little.

<block name="elevatorTest"> <property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property name="Class" value="DoorSecure"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mwood_regular"/>

<property name="LightOpacity" value="1"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/Elevators/elevator_testPrefab"/>

<property name="DisplayType" value="blockMulti" />

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="2,1,2"/> <!-- we need to override the default door size of 2 blocks high -->

<property name="Tag" value="Door"/>

<property name="PlaceEverywhere" value="true"/>

<property name="Place" value="Door"/>

<property name="Mesh-Damage-1" value="Platform"/>

<property name="OpenSound" value="open_door_wood"/>

<property name="CloseSound" value="close_door_wood"/>

<drop event="Destroy" count="0"/>

<property name="Group" value="Building,Science"/>

</block>

This is basically using the same mechanic.

Nice. How does that work? Creating it, I mean, without sdx.

We don't need sdx to add custom models anymore, you just add them to the game folders Mods/ModName/Resources

The basic block for it has been in the game since a16. You just tweak it a little.

This is basically using the same mechanic.

Yeah it just uses the door code but this adds a custom model as the one in the game is not setup right just yet.

I have to so more testing. But it doesn't push from the server. The xml does but the unity3d doesn't push over. I assume it needs to be installed on all clients. Good work!

Correct anytime there is a Resource folder or ItemIcons or Textures folder for example, the clients will need those in order to use or view them properly.

Correct anytime there is a Resource folder or ItemIcons or Textures folder for example, the clients will need those in order to use or view them properly.

Ah thanks for the clarification. Yea I'll have to do some testing on local and dedicated server. I'll report back if it works or not.

• 2 weeks later...

can do you make a elvator with the blockhigh 5 blocks ( 6 block then the Plate) ? and i question

the alvator with the walls around from the sdx mod .... is it possible that as modelt to make ?

sry for my bad english and very thanks for youre mod, the Mood is my favorit ! :)

Added a link to the SDX version that has unlimited floors that can be placed at whatever height you want.

Can I make the elevator 6/3/6 by the xml?

Changing the xml wont make the model any bigger, it will just make it require more space.

can do you make a elvator with the blockhigh 5 blocks ( 6 block then the Plate) ? and i question

the alvator with the walls around from the sdx mod .... is it possible that as modelt to make ?

sry for my bad english and very thanks for youre mod, the Mood is my favorit ! :)

The SDX one will always require SDX because of the custom class. I will be updating that model to work with the SDX elevator that I just released now that all its code is done.

Travels 10 blocks, requires 11 as it sits 1 block into the floor. Works with the vanilla version of A17. Not tested in MP but it should work if all players as well as the server have the mod installed. Bigger and better version coming soon! Let me know what sizes you want.

I can't get the mod working on MP. Anyone who got it working?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?99665-Mod-Elevator-for-A17

Its updated for a17

[video=youtube_share;0cs8ISafr28]

• 1 month later...

Great job !!!!!!!!!, I will install it in my game without hesitation, just a question, could not create another elevator that was made of metal and that raised 20 blocks? It would be great to have both options, and of course, I'm talking about the simple installation, without the SDX, a greeting and thanks

Archived