Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

Is this for survival too? Or only creative for the moment? This flags are really useful to mark lootet places.

Thats a very creative way to use them. Nice! Looks like I never put it in recipes or loot xml file. I can do that, will update today.

Updated to include basic recipes. Make a flagpole and a flag canvas and combine those with paint for each flag. Added a looted flag since thats a cool idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25902[/ATTACH]

Thanks to Mumphy for the image.

Youre amazing man. Inspiring even. Thank you for these. Helps a LOT too in understanding how mods work and are written up.

It's actually very easy but at this time you need to use Unity to make a custom flag. Its just make a new material and drag a texture onto it level of difficulty. I hope that in a short while we will sort out pulling textures from a custom package into models. that would make things like the flags even more accessible.

I will add a canadian flag soon. If you have a flag in mind, send or post an image file with dimensions 2560 x 1600, or anything that rough dimensions. I crunch down to 640x400 for 512k in game size, so any size greater than that is fine as long as its rectangular.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Thank you. Now it will probably be like someone trying to explain calculus to me but thanks for it :)

Challenge accepted! I made 2 new videos to help you get started. Watch these videos and let me know if you still can't make a flag.

First:

Setting up Unity 2018

Then:

Making a flag

Oh, I also fixed the Looted flag to use a transparency shader so the tattered edges show up now.

Finally got to try it. Now I have to thank you for showing me how to do it. I also have to curse you for showing me how to do it.

L5JOjQX.jpg

My 7 Days To Die is probably going to be better off called Flag Simulator.

For real though, thanks again.

Well I did screw up a few things at first...I have been using a computer long enough that I should know that exact file names matter lol.

If possible could you explain in one of your vids, if you make any more, how you added all your flags to a single flags file?

Linux Flag Fun

I posted a small Linux-related bug in your fun with flags over on:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?97691-Unity-tutorials-for-A17-7D2D-Modders&p=893113&viewfull=1#post893113

I have a second bug/mystery. Maybe you can help.

I can place the flag but the texture is pink. I figure it means it can't find the file - might be a file naming problem again (the upper/lower case thing) or it might be something more obscure.

Some error messages from the log look different:

Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

(Filename:  Line: 561)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Bumped Diffuse' - All passes removed

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/VertexLit' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/VertexLit' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/Diffuse' - All passes removed

Do you have any clue?

/d

It seems you can't render the shader I used on the flags. You using GLCore when you start the game? Unfortunately the standard shader looks like crap with this model, but I will see if I can improve on that.

I pushed version 1.11 which should have the missing shaders added to the package. Let me know if this fixes your issue. be sure you have your graphics driver updated to latest version too.

Xyth, I just noticed the pinups are real photos. Does that mean it is possible to add our own pictures to the game? If so do I smell a future tutorial...

(Probably true. I don't have many!)

Yes, those are actual pictures taken by a pro photographer of my daughter who models occasionally. I was just thinking of doing the next tutorial on making framed photos for the game.