Return of the Wood Log and Iron Spikes modlet!

KhaineGB

Whipped this up and tested in like... 10 mins since people were asking for it. :)

The spikes actually already exist in the code, but they're marked as creative mode dev only. The buff they apply did not exist, so I quickly threw one together and it will now bleed approx 40hp out of the player and HOPEFULLY any zombies that land on it.

They should upgrade from wood all the way up to steel, or at least the code implies they do. So if you want the log spikes back, download the zip file, unzip it and place the folder into your 7 Days to Die/Mods folder.

Enjoy. :)

Khaine, I'm interested in having those back but I'm also worried about them vs the spike traps. How do you differentiate them?

edit: in the sense of one not being better than the other for all purposes

This might be why the devs removed them in the first place. Also, I don't think Khaine is trying to balance the log spikes but merely re-add them for those that can't live without them.

Well, I was thinking they removed them due to people being able to turn them upside down and let zombies walk on them while taking normal damage, but they also removed the other wood spikes that were in the game, so I don't think that is it. I don't think the new spikes stack as high, but I haven't tried them yet. I did miss the log spokes when I went to set up initial defenses.

Ok, go to your 7 days to die folder (usually whatever drive you put steam on, steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die) and make a folder called mods.

Download the zip file in the first post and open it. You should have a folder called LogSpikeModlet. Open THAT folder and there will be another one called KHLogSpikes.

The KHLogSpikes folder (the actual folder, don't just open it and drag the contents) go into the Mods folder you made. That should do it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone tested these on 17.1...?

Thanks

I tried it on the 17.1 version and it worked, but my problem is that it only made 3hp damage to my self on the lowest tier and it made just 4hp on the hiest (steel). I let zombie walking over it and it took ages to kill them. Is that the intetion behind this? because in my opinion they shut do more damage.

I tried it on the 17.1 version and it worked, but my problem is that it only made 3hp damage to my self on the lowest tier and it made just 4hp on the hiest (steel). I let zombie walking over it and it took ages to kill them. Is that the intetion behind this? because in my opinion they shut do more damage.

That's exactly how TFP left them in the XML.

Willing to listen to community suggestions on what would be an appropriate number. :)

If they scaled from 10 HP a second damage to 50 HP a second based on upgrade tier, it should work. Or at least be a starting point.

I think they should start with 10hp, than on iron tier they should make 20 hp and on steel 30 hp damgae and maybe with bleeding damage. That`s what i would racomment.

Can you do another modlet that replaces the new bloody spikes with the undamaged model, and use the bloody progressive damage like we had before? I hate the new spikes are bloody when you first make them.

Probably not. Depends if the model still exists in the assets file or not.

I think they should start with 10hp, than on iron tier they should make 20 hp and on steel 30 hp damgae and maybe with bleeding damage. That`s what i would racomment.

Sounds reasonable. The bleeding damage is gonna be a no... buffswhenwalkedon doesn't always work on zombies. I tried. :(

Archived