Solo Playing with Alpha 17?

azmothman

So is the game moving away for Solo Players since alpha 17? I only ask that when I am playing solo and I clear out a small POI that has 15-20 zombies. I love the game but defeating 20+ zombies each POI will become very repetitive, and at which point when is the crafting part of the game other than resupplying arrows and daily subsistence needs?

It would be ideal to set the number of zombies based on the percentage of players.

Forget about crafting. This game moves away from crafting and survival. This game now goes the RPG-Shooter way. I have the feeling that In the end it will become like Destiny and the like, but without the story and the massivle multiplayer. It went on this road since a14, and a17 now its just another milestone in this direction

Forget about crafting. This game moves away from crafting and survival. This game now goes the RPG-Shooter way. I have the feeling that In the end it will become like Destiny and the like, but without the story and the massivle multiplayer. It went on this road since a14, and a17 now its just another milestone in this direction

Kinda sucks that's how the game was designed and even the key part of its title. I do not need another Destiny or Call of Duty!

I have a feeling a lot of SOLO players are going to get annoyed as well, so I hope TFP are listening as this is the experimental build and just needs some tweaks for Solo players.

I think one issue is that the game no longer distinguishes between solo and group play; for the former it just creates a local server. There's no way for the game to tell that you will be playing solo. It would be nice to have a solo option set like in Ark that buffs our xp gain and reduces enemy difficulty in order to make up for the lack of ability to specialize or share xp.

Virtually all the balance decisions seem to be made with MP in mind, but I enjoy SP if I edit things like zed block damage and fix a few weird TFP design decisions.

IMO Single player=hard mode, Multiplayer=easy mode (if pve server). The game is a hell of a lot easier when you have friends and your all working on the same things. This is how I view it, and why I personally dislike MP in these sorts of games, it takes away most of the challenge.

I think one issue is that the game no longer distinguishes between solo and group play; for the former it just creates a local server. There's no way for the game to tell that you will be playing solo. It would be nice to have a solo option set like in Ark that buffs our xp gain and reduces enemy difficulty in order to make up for the lack of ability to specialize or share xp.

The game DOES have a way to know you're playing solo. IF you start the game properly by setting the MP optino to only 1 allowed. This allows the esc key to now function as a pause ONLY in solo play. So yes, it does know the difference if you tell it so.

I don't think they intentionally balanced things to MP at all in A17. In fact some things hurt MP severely. The LCB change really hurts the large population servers that used to have large welcome lobbies and the new sleeper system and zombie AI will have many of the POI's destroyed which will hurt people as they join server that have been going for a few days.

I'm indifferent to these changes so don't think I'm beating a drum for anything just stating my observation of things.

Yes for the solo guy the first few days are a lot harder. Keep in mind though as you level up and add perks you will eventually be stronger than you ever could have been in A16.

I think once people get used to things they will like it better. New players won't know any better and adapt quicker.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the AI. It's better in some ways, harder in other and changes the game drastically. I might just turn spawn off on horde nights. I don't enjoy tower defense much personally. But the rest of the game is really fun. I like scavenging & fighting the hordes that spawn and the hidden sleepers and such.

But I don't think they balanced the game with Multiplayer in mind.

The game DOES have a way to know you're playing solo. IF you start the game properly by setting the MP optino to only 1 allowed. This allows the esc key to now function as a pause ONLY in solo play. So yes, it does know the difference if you tell it so.

I'll give that a try and see, was going to bitch some because yeah, solo was a pain in the ass that it never was in 16. I died 2 times in a row on day 1. Granted the 2nd death was my fault, I was running blind through a forest back to my backpack when the wolf got me, but the fact that pigs can hit 2 blocks up was a surprise!

Archived