Vultures are too OP!

LtraViper

They are pretty mean, but they don't have much health it seems. As long as you are aware there is one nearby, they are not that hard to run away from. Let them swoop down towards you, and when it gets close you just strafe to side. If you have a bow, this is the good time to get a shot in. You should just grab your stuff quickly and run away if you don't have a bow.

I haven't had an issue. I could kill them with 1 arrow.

I like that you can recover some arrows now

Recovering arrows is super nice. I encountered a vulture while still level 1. I just ran until I found water, jumped in and the vulture left.

OP: This is a game after all. If you only want to "win" just play in god mode for crying out loud.

Have they changed their flight pattern?? Because they were pretty easy to evade

They are much more persistent than they used to be, and take a straight-line attack to you far more often than the circling patterns they used to take. More dangerous, but probably also slightly easier to kill, as long as you're not stuck in a confined space.

I don't find them hard, but i have noticed there's a ton of them. One camp i walked into had more vultures that were on the ground waiting for me than there were sleepers in the camp lol.

Snakes and dogs still suck though...first map i started when a17 came out, i walked up to a small enclosed camp (the ones with cars on their side, barbed wire, etc) and found 3 dogs and 3 snakes. I took a few with me, but i didn't fare so well...and i wasn't more than 100 yards from where i spawned in. Still, fun times, can't complain!

Also agree, the fact you can get some of your arrows back is a really nice change.

I think the vultures should stay as is. Saw Games4Kickz kill 2 with 1 heavy attack each. I myself was able to do it also, which means they aren't that tough. On the other hand, if you don't run from them and misstep then they hover turning towards you, so it's harder to just evade them.

On the other hand, i met a wolf in a snow biome (walking over clifffs he surprised me). Kiiled it with a club while backing from him. He wasn't able to bite me, so no hit on me. If you EVER find a wolf chasing you, back out and hit it.

Getting overwhelmed by sheer numbers is never pleasant, no matter if it's the simplest zombie, a vulture or a pack of kids ;)

Surely some improvement can be added to their behaviour, but considering you hear them from afar (if they fly to you) and can hover in the air for a long time before attacking (unless they already spawn quite low), there is space for upgrading your tactics against them. Combined with their low health, it's a matter of handling them one at a time in a timed manner, just like the Zs.

My only issue with vulture density at the moment is that they make the progression for POI raiding a bit counter-intuitive. Hitting up the scrapers and other large, enclosed buildings is quite lucrative and safe, relatively speaking (so long as you avoid the roofs and anything that glows). By contrast, any house with a few stories is a potential nightmare waiting to happen. In Navezgane, for example, a parkour trip across the roof-tops of the new Diersville provides...quite the experience.

Gonna agree it's a bit OP - one vulture is fine, but so far I'm only encountering them in groups of 2-6, and a LOT of wolves. Don't mind it being hard, and don't mind having to run; but for early game silent fast killers are proving a bit much for me, and I'm a fairly experienced player. Not helped by getting massive lag and frame rate drops when hit / bleeding.

Hoping the next drop optimises the frame rates a little, and maybe tones down the number of Vultures / wolves in early game.

Archived