Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=HAL9000;598960]I've just done a quick test and it seemed to work ok for me. I think you can also use -118 for the density if you want to pull terrain in. If you select the "Density" radio box you see it displayed as an option in the list that appears. Pretty sure that's why I put it in the list. If you've not played with the editor for a while you can use that layout to apply densities in the editor window (like you can change the blocks) [IMG]http://7d.l9000.co.uk/Densities.png[/IMG][/QUOTE] Silly me, I was trying to change densities the old way. For some reason I glanced over that newer radio button.....:p Thank you as always Hal!

[QUOTE=HAL9000;598871]It shouldn't do. Is there an example? [/QUOTE] All my made prefabs i have already corrected taking into account this feature. [URL="https://yadi.sk/d/iThNyXLN3G7Tsa"]There is only one preform which i abandoned.[/URL] Unfortunately, this is not a very demonstrative example. But there is also seen that the layer located on the level terrain ignores the specified density. Of course, in prefab density has a different value to smooth out the terrain (with the exception of the outer edges of the lake that contact with the outside world). Overall view. Red arrows point to this layer. (above it has two layers). [img]http://i.imgur.com/tx9yE6d.jpg[/img] Here you can see a distinct stairs (but should be smooth) [img]http://i.imgur.com/CuM93mq.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/jCBF0PZ.jpg[/img] That is, this Layer inside other layers - ignores the specified density and follow surface terrain. UPD: Of course, this only applies to spawning the prefab in the world. In the editor - everything is fine. As i remember, if move the depth of prefab - [U]another[/U] Layer be do [B]follow terrain[/B], [U]previous[/U] layer - will follow the [B]specified parameters[/B].

n2n1, thats an interesting looking prefab. With my tinkering of densities I could never get a completely smooth transition between layers but gotten pretty darn close. Here is a screenshot from my TWD prison v1.5. [img]http://i.imgur.com/zvrsVpr.jpg[/img]

Get prefabs inside Starvation Mod ? [Hey Guyz. Does anyone found a psibitity to insert an existing prefab on a specific Location on random map in Starvation Mod ? Damn that sounds complicated So the Problem is That the Editor does not Support SDX. And the only way to insert a prefab is in Talk Menu typ bbb id ..... but how i said in staraation mod the Edor does not work. How can i aply my Base on a Map that im Playing in Starvation Mod ? i realy dont wanna Setup my Base again. For this reson i made a Prefab of it :-(

[QUOTE=Laz Man;599196]n2n1, thats an interesting looking prefab. With my tinkering of densities I could never get a completely smooth transition between layers but gotten pretty darn close. Here is a screenshot from my TWD prison v1.5.[/QUOTE] This is done manually? by trial and error (handmade density)? Regarding this problem: Now, to smooth the terrain, i use the built-in 7dtd editor. If the work does in already finished prefab - it turns out the result like for example the fact that your screenshot. Unfortunately at the moment i can't remember - is it possible to migrate without loss in a prefab that is a a smoothed terrain, which is obtained by extrusion in the built-in 7dtd editor ? It seems that after saving in prefab it still has some aliasing, although the editing - everything was smoothly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I do not remember that after the spawn prefabs i managed to get a perfectly smooth surface as [B]it was while editing [/B]in the built-in 7dtd editor.

[QUOTE=Casualjin;599720][Hey Guyz. Does anyone found a psibitity to insert an existing prefab on a specific Location on random map in Starvation Mod ? Damn that sounds complicated So the Problem is That the Editor does not Support SDX. And the only way to insert a prefab is in Talk Menu typ bbb id ..... but how i said in staraation mod the Edor does not work. How can i aply my Base on a Map that im Playing in Starvation Mod ? i realy dont wanna Setup my Base again. For this reson i made a Prefab of it :-([/QUOTE] Not sure this works in Starvation (it should) but setup a server instance of Starvation, and load Allocs mod and coppis mod on the server. There are threads in the modding forum on those mods (Coppis needs allocs to run). Then you can use the Prender command to import and place your prefab into the game.

aaaeee.... hhhmmmm.... [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor&p=574493&viewfull=1#post574493"]I have again the old problem...[/URL] :D. now i can't set decal different from 0, Meta2 (newsFlu). this time i'm not confused button. I don't even know what to assume ... maybe, i not know the rules (requirement) under which can set these values ? my goal is: block "snow" with decal "blood" on top. Simple to imagine - but cannot implement. maybe....bug ? .....:cower:

[QUOTE=n2n1;599877]aaaeee.... hhhmmmm.... [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor&p=574493&viewfull=1#post574493"]I have again the old problem...[/URL] :D. now i can't set decal different from 0, Meta2 (newsFlu). this time i'm not confused button. I don't even know what to assume ... maybe, i not know the rules (requirement) under which can set these values ? my goal is: block "snow" with decal "blood" on top. Simple to imagine - but cannot implement. maybe....bug ? .....:cower:[/QUOTE] Just tested decals on square blocks and confirmed it works. Terrain blocks is a different story. May need to play with the density values to get it just right. Here is a sample screenshot of the decal on a square block, and also a transition between a terrain block (-64 density) and a square block (-20 density). [img]http://i.imgur.com/fjPfJ81.jpg?1[/img]

[QUOTE=Laz Man;600001]Just tested decals on square blocks and confirmed it works. Terrain blocks is a different story. May need to play with the density values to get it just right.[/QUOTE] No, what you have in the screenshot it`s newsFlu is meta2=0. This is the only value which can be set, but the other value cannot be set. (or i just can't) [QUOTE=Laz Man;600001]....and also a transition between a terrain block (-64 density) and a square block (-20 density). [/QUOTE] This is cool! I just wanted to ask about it! If set (-20 density) for a block on the border of the prefab it will work too for outer terrain ? Earlier i experimented with this, but i failed, so i'm asking. UPD: [QUOTE=Laz Man;600001] May need to play with the density values to get it just right.[/QUOTE] hhmm....perhaps, it needs to be (-64), I'll try it...

[QUOTE=n2n1;599145]All my made prefabs i have already corrected taking into account this feature. [URL="https://yadi.sk/d/iThNyXLN3G7Tsa"]There is only one preform which i abandoned.[/URL] Unfortunately, this is not a very demonstrative example.[/QUOTE] I think I know what you mean, I've just had a look in the code and can't see any reason it wouldn't use the value in the prefab file but I'll use your prefab and run some tests. [QUOTE=Casualjin;599720][Hey Guyz. Does anyone found a psibitity to insert an existing prefab on a specific Location on random map in Starvation Mod ? Damn that sounds complicated So the Problem is That the Editor does not Support SDX. And the only way to insert a prefab is in Talk Menu typ bbb id ..... but how i said in staraation mod the Edor does not work. How can i aply my Base on a Map that im Playing in Starvation Mod ? i realy dont wanna Setup my Base again. For this reson i made a Prefab of it :-([/QUOTE] If you're compiling the SDX mod yourself you could try putting the editor DLL inside the SDX Backup folder so it uses that to create the SDX DLL. I haven't tried it but it may work. You'd get both in the same DLL if it did. [QUOTE=n2n1;599877]aaaeee.... hhhmmmm.... [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7564-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor&p=574493&viewfull=1#post574493"]I have again the old problem...[/URL] :D. now i can't set decal different from 0, Meta2 (newsFlu). this time i'm not confused button. I don't even know what to assume ... maybe, i not know the rules (requirement) under which can set these values ? my goal is: block "snow" with decal "blood" on top. Simple to imagine - but cannot implement. maybe....bug ? .....:cower:[/QUOTE] Pretty sure you can have decals on terrain so I'll take a look I got chance to have a bit of a play over the weekend. I got a basic version of the rendering I'd need to get the [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KDPS8uZLeA&feature=youtu.be"]editor in the game[/URL]. For a completely un-optimised attempt the performance was pretty good!

Compile it by my self? I would love to do it but I can't. Normally I'm not a gaming guy or n expert in computing. But this game got me! I'm poud that I had installed the mods and your editor plus editing a prefab and something like this. But I don't know what is sdx and so on. I started with gaming a few weeks ago on ps4. I have to study a lil bit I think. If I know what is compiling and sdx at least I have to translate it because I'm from German... It will get hard but I'll try thx

Check the save folder, the claims are actually just prefabs. /appdata/roaming/7days/saves/rgen/blockbackup/playersteamid/ ...or something. Memory sucks. It's findable, though. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Also, run the editor on the server, backup manager, find the save game and the claims will be listed in the bottom listbox.

[QUOTE=Casualjin;600231]Compile it by my self? I would love to do it but I can't. Normally I'm not a gaming guy or n expert in computing. But this game got me! I'm poud that I had installed the mods and your editor plus editing a prefab and something like this. But I don't know what is sdx and so on. I started with gaming a few weeks ago on ps4. I have to study a lil bit I think. If I know what is compiling and sdx at least I have to translate it because I'm from German... It will get hard but I'll try thx[/QUOTE] After chatting the with Starvation guys and running some tests it looks like the prefab editor dll can't be used in SDX. What I can do though is compile Starvation and use that as my base for patching the editor in. Use [URL="http://7d.l9000.co.uk/StarvationDll152.zip"]this DLL[/URL]. Replace the Starvation DLL with this and it'll have the editor. This is a one-time compile though so it'll only be compatible with A15.2 and the current version of Starvation. [QUOTE=lil_joha;600261]How can I find out what my claim name was.. I FORget realy fast and well having issues with ex a home from dedi server I have admin rights on.[/QUOTE] As Gup said, check the save folder on the dedi. If you have FTP access you'll be able to find it. BlockBackup is the folder where all the editor data is stored

Hal you're Awesome! Thank you so much. Now I can play the starvation till a 16 will launch... I was so damn sad. Don't wanna build a base like mine again but I still don't wanna play the game without having a nice base. Now I can Realy realy thank you so much for compiling the Dll. I do have to get comfortable with all this stuff... I learnt overlooking I learned to install mods make a cheap gaming pc and now I have to learn how to mod by my self... Next goal working bigger back pack with sdx 😆

Hal and/or Guppy (because I know you'll reply anyway...) Does the editor allow for placement of loot and zombie spawns? I'm setting up a new server, going to import a prefab maze as a challenge/battle arena. What I'm trying to accomplish is having random Z's spawn throughout, along with various loot along the way. Is this something I can place in the editor before spawning it in the game?

Also, placing the entities is a ONE shot. It will spawn ONCE. No respawns, because they're not tied to any respawn event in the xml's. So what you /could/ do is have a custom command that imports the prefab in to "refresh" it, after each arena use (or on a timer), so that it re-imports not only an undamaged version of your arena, but the spawns. Unfortunately, since bbb is tied to chat, and custom commands are tied to console, you can't connect the two. So you're stuck either using Coppi's, which does not import densities (I think it's densities, I can't recall and quite frankly he may have fixed it) or Stompy's mod to tie to the command. So what I have on my server is: !refreshmaze bc-prefab hordemaze3 -120 47 -7710 0 I also have a: !hordememaze spawnhorde -92 50 -7682 25 ...which sends a 25 count horde from the Wandering Horde list to those coordinates. Since my wandering horde list consists of entirely runners, it makes it fun. :) You don't want to tie the two events together, I've found. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Speaking more on Hal's suggestion of loot boxes, make copies of the munitions box and have them spread around the level... one for health tied to a health loot list, one for ammo, etc, if that's what you're going for. I'm going to be using Vending Machines for my Counterstrike map (dust), to simulate, well, counterstrike. :)

[QUOTE=Guppycur;604472]Also, placing the entities is a ONE shot. It will spawn ONCE. No respawns, because they're not tied to any respawn event in the xml's. So what you /could/ do is have a custom command that imports the prefab in to "refresh" it, after each arena use (or on a timer), so that it re-imports not only an undamaged version of your arena, but the spawns. Unfortunately, since bbb is tied to chat, and custom commands are tied to console, you can't connect the two. So you're stuck either using Coppi's, which does not import densities (I think it's densities, I can't recall and quite frankly he may have fixed it) or Stompy's mod to tie to the command. So what I have on my server is: !refreshmaze bc-prefab hordemaze3 -120 47 -7710 0 I also have a: !hordememaze spawnhorde -92 50 -7682 25 ...which sends a 25 count horde from the Wandering Horde list to those coordinates. Since my wandering horde list consists of entirely runners, it makes it fun. :) You don't want to tie the two events together, I've found. [COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR] Speaking more on Hal's suggestion of loot boxes, make copies of the munitions box and have them spread around the level... one for health tied to a health loot list, one for ammo, etc, if that's what you're going for. I'm going to be using Vending Machines for my Counterstrike map (dust), to simulate, well, counterstrike. :)[/QUOTE] Ok, the plan was to prender the prefab with Coppi's commands. I was hoping HAL's editor I could have respawnable entities. So once I spawn in the maze, what's the best way for me to have it: A: Respawn Zeds B: Respawn loot C: Spawn a horde

I've seen blocks like "cntStorageAmmo" Type 1221 used in prefabs and they never seen to have loot within them. Is there a setting, option, drop down menu or information I change within the Hal 9000 editor to turn on loot for these containers? Do I need go into the block info and redefine the loot list the block belongs to? -Waylander

Archived