At what point is your server considered a "modded server"?

blitzgp

I play with a lot of old ♥♥♥♥ers, and we have poor eye-sight. Overlay programs are slowly being outlawed and I don't want to risk losing my account over one (unless a dev can endorse one that I won't get VAC banned for). Someone has a mod that allows you to change the color and shape of the in game crosshairs, but if I use that mod on my server, does it become a modded server? ASUS has this built into their gaming monitors, a simple marker dot on your monitor on the exact center... This concept is never going away for computer games. The only purity of the original game I intend to violate is the crosshairs...

Mods: No risk. Even if you get kicked by EAC because you have invalid files that will have no further consequences.

Hacks: If detected you'll be banned forever. Hacks means stuff like tools to try to bypass EAC or external tools that try to change the game at runtime. Changed assets without explicitly trying to circumvent EAC protection are just mods.

Dry erase marker a dot on the monitor.

....bypasses eac, undetectable by every hacking software.

Could you give a step-by-step on that? Don’t want anyone who might be a dry erase noob to get upset when they can’t understand how to do that or accidentally grab a Sharpie....

Archived