Zombie AI - Running in circles

Mr_Urban

Hey guys, I recently started playing 7d2d again a few weeks ago. The zombie AI seems to spend a majority of time running in tight circles. When I last played it was around alpha 15 and i dont remember having this problem. Does anyone know of a non official patch or mod to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

It does make for some funny opportunities of roleplay though. Once walked up in the biker bar restroom and a dude was standing taking a piss, we had a good chat for a while, then he turned and walked out of the restroom without bothering with me :p Fortunately was streaming and captured it all, maybe I should try and find it in the video history :p

Oh. And this was in 7dtd to be clear. Not sure I'd be conversing with a zombie in a real biker bar ;)

/V -

Hey guys, I recently started playing 7d2d again a few weeks ago. The zombie AI seems to spend a majority of time running in tight circles. When I last played it was around alpha 15 and i dont remember having this problem. Does anyone know of a non official patch or mod to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Modify the XML, they used to tag me instantly but they mucked around with the code and made pathfinding even worse than Doom DOS monsters, I had to change their aggro range and set them to all feral and then as soon as they spawn they will tag u instant and walk toward and make the game more challenging

Modify the XML, they used to tag me instantly but they mucked around with the code and made pathfinding even worse than Doom DOS monsters, I had to change their aggro range and set them to all feral and then as soon as they spawn they will tag u instant and walk toward and make the game more challenging

Can u give a brief description of the file change for aggro range?

Found the other thread....

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76220-How-to-fix-zombies-running-in-circles

Here's Tin's post I was referencing...

*change these setting's*

For Zeds:

<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="300"/>

<property name="MaxTurnSpeed" value="145"/>

Animals:

<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="300"/>

<property name="MaxTurnSpeed" value="100"/>

This will keep the animals and runner zeds (mostly for the hostile) going in a circular pattern, even if you're standing on a platform above them. They'll still run around but they won't look like they're on a sit-n-spin and just twirling in place.

The reason for the max angle increase is to help keep the entities more focused on you. The reason for the turn speed decrease is mostly for the fast moving entities.. runner zeds and fast moving animals.

It's not a 100% deal but it drastically lowers how often it'll happen. Sometimes the entities get stuck on <something> terrain or what not.

just doing those tweaks alone will help a lot to keep if from happening so often.

You can adjust also how the zeds "see you" with the sight scale like above. Although mine are different just because I separated sleepers and biome spawn zeds to be two different classes but those above should suffice.

You really don't need to adjust the hand items.. I just haven't seen those changes really improving anything. In fact I have mine slightly lower than the vanilla settings tbh.

Edit: changing the "175" to "145" srry about that... oops!

If you read the thread, Tin goes into more detail on how it works, and how you can tweak it.

Oh, and that's in entityclasses xml I believe

Archived