Im literally getting a pc just for this game lol! (specs advice)

Ttocs

There's no such thing as future proofing. What is top of the line today is just garbage tomorrow. Stop worrying about trying to stay ahead of it all when in the end, it's only going to cost you a fortune. According to my math, a GTX 1070 is only 25% better performing than the GTX 1060 at twice the price. So, for example, let's say you were playing a game and was getting an average of 45fps with the GTX 1060, with a GTX 1070, you would get about 56fps in that game. That's 11fps difference in that scenario. How is that good value?

Also, you clearly have never owned a GTX 1060 and have little knowledge in it's performance cuz the 1060 isn't nearly as weak as you're making it seem. I have one and so far I've been able to run ALL games on max (or near max) graphics settings (at 1080p) with more than acceptable fps, including 7d2d, but 7d2d's fps is more tied to the CPU and ram than GPU.

Totally right on that. I use a GTX 1060, max settings 1080p all games. It's a really good card. :)

Kinyajuu,

Please tell, how important is the large CPU cache (i7 expediency) and the number of cores (more than 4) for 7DtD.

I can tell you right now the game is only using my 6 true cores and ignoring the hyper threaded cores, here's an image (which took me an hour to find, probably should have just created a new one)... so here's some reference on how this game handles my Ryzen 5 1600x CPU:

052B204B3631325EA551A95E555632A497099E06

Click to enlarge.

I sometimes forget you play on a 4:3...

Nah, that was an older screenshot. I play on a 16:9 144Hz G-Sync enabled curved 27" masterpiece now.

It took that long for something good to finally show up at a reasonable price. Now I'm just waiting for my 2nd monitor to drop down in price just a little bit more before I buy it for media use and I'll be all set. I'll still use the 4:3 for the game server though.

I can tell you right now the game is only using my 6 true cores and ignoring the hyper threaded cores, here's an image (which took me an hour to find, probably should have just created a new one)... so here's some reference on how this game handles my Ryzen 5 1600x CPU:

Click to enlarge.

Thank, for interesting information.

I'm trying to figure out a "bottle neck" for 7DtD performance (for any system). Now i believe that this is the throughput of the RAM causes performance degradation. This is a rather rare situation.

Archived