Locking the minibike parts.

Rac00n

I am sorry if this has been talked about or asked before, but will there be or is there a way to lock the minibike parts into the minibike itself? So that when you move loot to and from the minibike storage it doesn't swap out your bike parts... (very annoying when you swap the basket itself).. thanks

Yeah I wish you could lock the parts so they weren't accidentally swapped out. The worst has to be, when you're out looting at night, making a run for the bike to dump in things and you shift in a new basket.... spilling all the loot into inventory and the ground and you now race to dump it all back, pick up (while defending from zombies possibly) and not losing any of the small tiny items dropped on the ground :p

/V -

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I wish you could lock the parts so they weren't accidentally swapped out. The worst has to be, when you're out looting at night, making a run for the bike to dump in things and you shift in a new basket.... spilling all the loot into inventory and the ground and you now race to dump it all back, pick up (while defending from zombies possibly) and not losing any of the small tiny items dropped on the ground :p

/V -

26z5ob.jpg

Basket should be be like the engine. Removing/Swapping it moves the contents (fuel) to the inventory.

And the proper addition to this would be: If you don't have the inventory space for its contents you can't take it off.

I was in major panic mode when I did that one time. I couldn't understand what happened and as I hurriedly picked up stuff and tried to put it in my basked because my inventory couldn't hold it all it happened again :D. Was a doh moment later when I found out why...

work that way, only if you don't have enough space in inventory you start dropping items

Which is why the second line of my post is

And the proper addition to this would be: If you don't have the inventory space for its contents you can't take it off.

-might be simpler to implement than some "lock button" or similar.

Is there anyway I wonder that shift clicking a bike part in your inventory just switches it. Like the basket just swtitching without dropping everything. Worst comes to worst you just end up with a crappier basket on your bike.....which can easily be switched again when you realize it.

Or maybe have it so you can only drag and drop bike parts...if you shift click it, it automatically goes into the basket.

Archived