Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

42 minutes ago, Crimsonmortis said:

We are still running build 24 but we have noticed the crafted sink is not useable I had not noticed it mentioned any where yet. The snares and chicken coops we know are broken in 24.  Was this mentioned and I overlooked it? If so I'm sorry!!

I just crafted a sink in B26 and it seems to work fine. It did puzzle me a bit that my jars didn't fill at first, but that's because I expected it to take a right-click (like when you fill from pools). It takes a left-click.

21 minutes ago, Similar said:

I just crafted a sink in B26 and it seems to work fine. It did puzzle me a bit that my jars didn't fill at first, but that's because I expected it to take a right-click (like when you fill from pools). It takes a left-click.

THANK YOU!!!!!! Left click worked and as an extra surprise it was clean water!!!!

Been wanting to start a playthrough of Darkness Falls on the new patch but I'm torn about whether I should or wait for the stable version. I know Khaine said it would be the next update but will you have to restart ur current save on the stable version?

Hi again Khaine! I also wanted to clarify the vitamin issue, since the descriptions do say that it provides 100% protection against infection and disease - but in my case, I had taken vitamins prior to a fight and still became infected after being hit. Is that a known issue or does the mechanic actually work like the honey does, i.e., "it has a chance to protect you but may not" kind of thing? 

Believe me, I fully understand you can't change every printed message in the game, so if that's the case, I'll definitely be that much more cautious even when I DO have vitamins to take! 😁

so i just installed the darkness falls mod file labeled DF-V5-DEV-B25 onto a completely clean copy of the base game. everything seemed to run fine at first, the proper darkness falls background and music was playing on the home screen and after starting a new game i was able to run around ang gather resources. but the moment i opened my inventory the debug error list came up and my game froze. i couldn't even open another new app(screen sniping tool to get a snip of the error) and had to task manager shut it down (i always keep task manager running on the side for things like that)

i tried it 4 different times even going so far as to move all my 7 days folders and do a completely new install then put the DF mod in. same thing still. Oh and before you ask i watched 3 different videos of people that had the mod running and followed their guides on installing so i have no idea what is happening.

edit: i managed to get a snip by having the tool open then launching the game. https://imgur.com/a/P5nYT3f this is the error i am getting. and just incase someone thinks about this. i am not new to modding and have played df for version 20 and had no issues.

Edited by Dante5986
added info (see edit history)

am new to forums but I have a question for you guys:

why cant I use my 1-5 tool belt while running and if there is a way to change the shortcut because I look up all the ingame settings but couldn't find anything about the ''shift 1-5 tool belt'' I don't wanna go to my 11-15 slot while fighting a zombie or while running to change to my buildings blocks. if I did anything not related or against the forums I apologize 

10 hours ago, AlaaZT2 said:

why cant I use my 1-5 tool belt while running and if there is a way to change the shortcut because I look up all the ingame settings but couldn't find anything about the ''shift 1-5 tool belt'' I don't wanna go to my 11-15 slot while fighting a zombie or while running to change to my buildings blocks. if I did anything not related or against the forums I apologize 

You might have to be more specific about what exactly your problem is.

You can't access your first five "hotbar/tool belt" slots when you are running?

How did you assign those slots? Just ingame or via some mouse/keyboard key binding software?

What exact key bindings are they?

From what I read you did something like "shift+1" to access the first, then "shift+2" to acces second, and so on, but this does not work when you run?

Well if you have assigned "shift+[key to move forward]"  to run forward, then it's obviously the double use of shift key that prevents it from working.

You may have to get accustomed to another key config to aviod that.

There's also the thing that - depending on your keyboard - the number of keys that can be pressed simultaneously is limited.

You press more than those, these aren't going to be registered properly.

Which ones these are specifically, that does also depend on the keyboard. Some allow this combination, others that.

To learn about this check the net for terms "ghosting" and/or NKRO/n-key roll-over.

So, binding double-key combinations for one function can become non-working fast, especially if you have an older/cheaper keyboard.

Expensive gaming keyboards do allow a whole lot of keys to be pressed at the same time and all are registered.

So if that's the problem and you want to stay with your key bindings, you might have to consider buying a better keyboard with higher NKRO number.

Or try this, what I personally use this to "navigate" fast in the whole hotbar:

I have assigned three "main use things"

-"main weapon", sits in slot 3, surrounded by other weapons

-"main healing", sits in slot 9, surrounded by other healing and drinks

-"main tool", sits at the right end, next to the other tools.

These I directly access by the corresponding key, because I can immediately switch/use them also in "OH SH.." situations.

The rest is less important, but nonetheless very fast accessible by the "next/previous slot" keys from one of the "main things" slots as a starting point.

Works fine for me with my pretty standard I/O devices.

Hi,

my game just crashed and it let to a blue Screen on my PC. Now when I want to go on, the game doesnt show my World anymore, allthough the save is still in the Saves folder. Is there a way to repair a Corrupted World?

On 9/26/2023 at 3:03 AM, KhaineGB said:

Yes. It's something I Don't Care patched that shouldn't have caused it. SHOULD be fixed for the next version. We're doing more testing.

Any details on what is causing this?  I'd like to remove it from my base if it is at all possible.  

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

You can't just remove it from your base. It's all crafting stuff.

Update the mod.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.  I'm running DF-V5-DEV-B25 - is there something newer already? (I have likely missed a newer version post somewhere) or you are just saying I have to wait to update the mod?

B26: I don't think the Supercharger mod works on the Marauder, or if it does, it's in a different way than it works on the vanilla vehicles, since Shift does very clearly speed it up (I can't determine if the Marauder is faster when you hold Shift down with the mod equipped than without).

The Fuel Saver seems to work on it. At least, I drove the same distance with and without and it used 2% vs 4% fuel.

The only other non-vanilla vehicle I have is the MD-500 and it's really hard to determine if the Supercharger works on that (just because it's very difficult to judge how fast you're going in it), but I don't think anything happens when I hold down Shift.

Edit: Also, the description for the Laser Pistol says it disables demonic regeneration, but the stats page for it says it doesn't.

(The stats page has a 0 for ranged damage too, but that was the same in 4.1.2, IIRC).

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Humm12 said:

None of the download links work. They all say 404, i've tried different browsers, copy and pasting the link but all say 404 no matter what

This gives you a 404?

http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B26.zip

I get a warning from Firefox and have to manually allow the download, but no 404. Not for the Google links either (but they usually say there's been too many downloads).

1 hour ago, Humm12 said:

None of the download links work. They all say 404, i've tried different browsers, copy and pasting the link but all say 404 no matter what

I have been unable to verify that 404 for the main download link and both alternative links. All have initiated a download.

30 minutes ago, Nightmare-Living said:

Hi

I've created chicken coops and beehives but they are always empty. Is this a bug or just a mess up on my end?

You need to add animal feed to them made from apples

I have noticed that the action skill notes do not go open book once you reached 100 i.e. Mining, Archery and athletics just to name some.

Also think it still shows a notification if a skill has been updated even when its reached 100