There is an old salesman adage: you cant take a feature back once you give it a customer.
1. bring back the auger as a craftable item. I have 50steel tool parts and 100 motor tool parts (or the opposite, can't remember) ... but cant craft a chainsaw or auger.
2. stop having birds slow/stop a motorcycle: really?
3. consider improving stamina loss/regen.
That's your answer to make the game more challenging? you turned the game on its ear and ruined it. I get there are people out there who love ridiculous challenges, but not me. The base game is simply too hard now. Believe it or not, there are a lot of players who like to take it slower.
1. no auger, check ... np ... will mine
2. lose stamina doing everything especially mining, uhh monkey turds, check
3. can't mine fast enough, so can't build ... (collar checking nervous) check
4. get motor cycle built , check
4. blood moon birds stop you on motor cycle no matter what: *sigh* and the monsters run almost as fast a motorcycle: or respawn close to the motorcycle: not sure, don't care.
... if there was at least an auger recipe, or trader joe/josephine sold an auger: no sign after 30 days contrary to release note about augers:
Auger no longer has a low priority to be for sale at traders
(not sure what that even means)
30 hours wasted.
dumping game and waiting for a better patch.