Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

48 minutes ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Do you copy the "DF-V4-Build" into the mods folders to the Mods folder under that or the 6 mod folders under that into the folder?

Go into the DF-V4-Build folder, move that mods folder into the main directory of your 7 Days to Die. If you already have mods there, you should probably move or delete them. It must be A20, A19 will likely break. Play the test map(s) once you have it installed.

6 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Ooooh, the Mods folder is the ONLY folder I need to do anything with ? I can do that.  Up and running, cheers !

Yep. DF Is all in the /mods folder now. It's all you need.

2 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Do you copy the "DF-V4-Build" into the mods folders to the Mods folder under that or the 6 mod folders under that into the folder?

Yoiu open the zip, open DF-V4-Build and copy the MODS folder to your 7DTD folder.

1 hour ago, Kieron said:

Can we take a random gen map that was created with vanilla A20 and use it with this DF-V4-Build ?

Khaine warned against using maps other than the test maps, since the mod isn't finished. Could cause problems. I'm generating a map myself to try it. Edit: I tried to make a random gen map and got DivideByZero crash error. So there's that.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Kieron said:

Can we take a random gen map that was created with vanilla A20 and use it with this DF-V4-Build ?

8 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Khaine warned against using maps other than the test maps, since the mod isn't finished. Could cause problems. I'm generating a map myself to try it. Edit: I tried to make a random gen map and got DivideByZero crash error. So there's that.

This.

But I did manage to RWG a couple of maps last night so I think that error is fixed.

2 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I'm starting to see what they meant about the loot being busted, went on one Fetch III and went home with 3 lathes. That's a little broken.

Yep. Still working on stuff like that. Lathes are supposed to be gamestaged loot.

I cant seem to start a game with the DF-V4-Build. I downloaded it and cut & paste the Mods folder into 7dtd folder. The menu turns to DF which shows the mod is running but when i start a game with test map it loads but console drops and starts throwing thousands of nullrefs. Ive tried deleting all my saves and pregenned worlds. Not sure what else to try

Ran into an issue with the metal workbench. Basically, right when I open it to try to make something or check out what I'm able to do, it just shoots out nonstop red error messages in the console and just keeps going and going and going. Believe it's one of the elevator floors that initially brought up the error messages but even if I click on something else, the red error messages continue to flow in the console. I've tried uninstalling the metal workbench, reinstalling it, making a new one, and the errors just keep on flowing.

I seem to be permanently stoned - the 10m timer doesn't go down and manually debuffing (debuff buffstoned3) doesn't work - the 'buff' reapplies. I'm generally not too fussed but the 20% debuff to food/water consumption is a bit of a concern - especially considering nachos aren't a thing to satiate those munchies... :)

Just says the time (nonstop) and....

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'workstation_DFworkstationMetal:
EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Clicked on Elevator Floor (3x3x3) in the metal workstation to get this to show up

The game keeps going in the background and I can still play just fine. Just can't do anything with this station once I get this message cause that's all that'll pop up once I go to try to use it again.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

CTD's are usually... and this is going to sound really stupid... because you ran out of Virtual Memory.

Even if you have 16, 32 or 64GB RAM. Yes, it's dumb, but increasing the paging file fixes it

Makes sense, I normally have a browser open as well and it sometimes takes that out too, and BeamNG.drive keeps getting on my case about VM >80% used. I'll increase it, umm, right now. Cheers :)

Edit : doubled the paging file size for C up to 32gb, and, errr, turned it on for the drives where steam  and 7D2D-DF live ...... :classic_blush: 😖

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

3 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

I seem to be permanently stoned - the 10m timer doesn't go down and manually debuffing (debuff buffstoned3) doesn't work - the 'buff' reapplies. I'm generally not too fussed but the 20% debuff to food/water consumption is a bit of a concern - especially considering nachos aren't a thing to satiate those munchies... :)

Known and will look into it later.

EDIT: Possibly fixed.

1 hour ago, LonesomeRaven31 said:

Just says the time (nonstop) and....

ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'workstation_DFworkstationMetal:
EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Clicked on Elevator Floor (3x3x3) in the metal workstation to get this to show up

The game keeps going in the background and I can still play just fine. Just can't do anything with this station once I get this message cause that's all that'll pop up once I go to try to use it again.

Will have a look at this later today too. Not sure what that's about.

EDIT: Definitely fixed.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

On 12/25/2021 at 1:43 PM, KhaineGB said:

Today is the official birthday of Darkness Falls. 25th December, 2017 is when I started working on the mod and had functional classes in (if missing localization).

So it seems appropriate to give you all my current development build of Darkness Falls V4 for Alpha 20.  Plus I figured some folks could do with the distraction over the holiday period.

Just be aware, this IS a development build of Darkness Falls. It will have bugs. It will have missing icons or localization. It will likely have loot imbalance. Any future versions could wipe your save. There might be NRE's.

Only download and play if you are OK with this. Happy Holidays. 

These files will also work for servers for anyone who wants to run one. No more seperate builds!

RWG "works" but POI's do not obey biome restrictions. It is highly recommended to stick to the test maps.

MANUAL INSTALL ONLY. Just copy the mods folder from DF-V4-Build in the zip to your 7DTD folder and you're done. Also make sure EAC is off, just like previous versions of DF.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W2lSi2_VaQAmn6555Y_UfeBJC5QJH1Xk/view?usp=sharing

Late to the party to grab the link as it no longer works. But was this just for local only or did it contain server side as well?

Happy Holidays KhaineGB! Looking forward to the stable in the new year!