Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

You probably have a syntax error on the POI list and causing it to skip this POI.  KingSlayer and crew made an outstanding effort to make it work with DF.  Can you post your POI code so we can see it to determine why you are not getting her?

Sure - I assume you mean the POI list?

First here is the stats from the map generated with it:

DF_Quest_Prefab_01,0
DF_Quest_Prefab_02,0
DF_Quest_Prefab_03,0
DF_VarietiesDepartmentStore(Stallionsden),10
DFalls_DemonPortal,0
DFalls_Military_Bunker,8
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1,7
DFalls_settlement_trader,0

Here is the code form the POI List generated from Kinggen:

DF_Quest_Prefab_01,16,26,44,-9,2,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,,,,
DF_Quest_Prefab_02,36,45,43,-9,0,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,,,,
DF_Quest_Prefab_03,45,21,39,-1,2,snow,city/town/rural/wilderness,,,
DF_VarietiesDepartmentStore(Stallionsden),50,15,58,-1,2,snow/pine_forest/desert/forest/plains/burnt_forest/wasteland,city/town/rural,downtown/commercial/industrial/residential,,
DFalls_DemonPortal,15,11,3,0,0,burnt_forest/snow/pine_forest/desert/wasteland,,,,
DFalls_Military_Bunker,29,17,34,-12,2,burnt_forest,city/town/rural/wilderness,any,,
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1,45,41,40,-34,2,wasteland,city/town/rural/wilderness,any,,
DFalls_settlement_trader,38,22,38,-1,2,wasteland,city/town/rural/wilderness,any,,

Thanks so much for the help!

Adr.

So playing current DF version. I’m on medium2 map. Cleared out the apartment building across from trader. The red/tan one with no parking lot underneath and clay tile roof overhangs.  Planned on making top floor my penthouse suite and cover roof with dirt for my farm. Everything worked out great. Put land claim in center of building on top floor. Unfortunately I’m getting sleeper zombie respawns every 5-6 days. Was wondering if anyone had a suggestion to get them to quit spawning??? Nothing worse than fighting an apartment building of zeds after coming back from a run half dead and starving. Luckily they haven’t destroyed any workbenches or storage. So far. Appreciate any help on the matter.

Hi,

Map is working fine now thanks Khaine.

However - couple of things if I may :)

1) for some reason the health bar etc. is located in the middle of the screen behind the tool bar so you can only see your stamina. Same for all the people on the server. Works fine (i.e. Bottom left) in single player.

2) On booting up the server is throwing up lots of error messages but does boot up. 2 that caught my eye:

2021-11-18T22:13:23 319.355 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Khaine's 60-slot Bigger Backpack Mod" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkPackMule']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='CarryCapacity'][@value='3,6,10,14,18']/@value" 
2021-11-18T22:13:30 327.026 WRN XML patch for "XUi/windows.xml" from mod "Khaine's 60-slot Bigger Backpack Mod" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowToolbelt']" 

3) Cheeky one I know but we like to play with 2 points per level. I've changed the progression.xml in both the configdump folder in the save game and the one in the config folder but we are still only getting one point per level... Any ideas? I installed a fresh copy of the server files etc.

Many thanks!

Adr :)

Dont use the bigger backpack with DF. It already has a 96 slot.

It sounds like you have lots of other mods interfereing with DF, which is why the health bar is in the wrong place.

Once that's working, if you REALLY want 2 points/level, I can walk you through that. But its unecessary in DF when you can learn most things via found schematics AND make books to give you +1 skill point.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Dont use the bigger backpack with DF. It already has a 96 slot.

It sounds like you have lots of other mods interfereing with DF, which is why the health bar is in the wrong place.

Once that's working, if you REALLY want 2 points/level, I can walk you through that. But its unecessary in DF when you can learn most things via found schematics AND make books to give you +1 skill point.

Ahhh the 60 slot must have been a throw over from the previous vanilla game... Will delete it now.

However - I actually founf the file with the screen location info for the UI and changed it to from Centerbottom to left bottom and it worked :)

Also found the correct fiule to add the 2 points - but I get what you are saying :)

On emore question - I played a SP darkness falls through day 9 and did not find a single bundle of skill notes. Lots of the blue ones... Couldn't find a recipe to make them either. Should I be getting them in loot etc or are they locked away behind something?

Cheers,

Adr

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You scrap schematics you don't need to get skill notes.

Also sometimes you get them as trader quest rewards.

Doh! - I knew I was missing something obvious. My fault for taking too long away from the game.

Cheers Khaine!

Ok - now the health bar is not appearing in the game at all - it worked last night honest!

Cannot for the life of me find the file where it is listed with its screen location etc. Could you point it out to me please Khaine.

Sorry for the constant requests mate.

Adr

3 minutes ago, Adr said:

Ok - now the health bar is not appearing in the game at all - it worked last night honest!

Cannot for the life of me find the file where it is listed with its screen location etc. Could you point it out to me please Khaine.

Sorry for the constant requests mate.

Adr

Ok found it again but it looks correct:

<window_group name="toolbelt" actionSet="false">
                <!-- <window name="windowToolbelt" anchor="CenterBottom" /> -->
                <window name="DFToolbelt" anchor="CenterBottom" />
                <window name="DFXpBar" anchor="CenterBottom" />
                <window name="HUDBuffPopout" anchor="LeftBottom" />
                <window name="HUDLeftStatBars" anchor="LeftBottom" />
                <window name="HUDRightStatBars" anchor="RightBottom" />
                <window name="windowQuestTracker" anchor="RightTop" />
                <window name="windowTwitch" anchor="RightCenter" />
                <window name="windowGroupBars" anchor="LeftTop" />
            </window_group>

Any other ideas why the stat bars for health/stam/food/drink are not showing?

56 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Because, as mentioned, you probably have other mods in your mods folder that are moving it.

You CANNOT just yeet modlets at DF. It's an overhaul.

Apologies - the only mods on the server are the ones that come with the DF server files. I did have the 60bp one but i removed it..

Just to be sure Ill do a complete wipe of the server and reinstall etc. 

Edited by Adr (see edit history)

Quick update on my apartment building penthouse suite extraordinaire. Bedroll seemed to work. I usually put it in horde base and use land claim at home base. Thanks for the help. Was really annoying clearing that thing out multiple times. DF is what this game could be. Excellent work on the mod Khaine. Absolutely brilliant 

I can never pass the loading screen that takes you to the main menu. it just says loading...

i left it alone for about 1 hour and nothing happened, i have tried to uninstall the game from steam and removed all the game files but it still doesnt load. I am going through the non eac. exe file (if you still need to do that)

BTW would it be better for you to edit the first page with the latest version of DF. i come and go from this mod and sometimes i have to go back dozens of pages to find the latest version. i dont know how many people come and go from the mod?

Edited by Iamcool1495 (see edit history)

i still cant get it to load, normal 7dtd works fine but it has something to do with DF. im using the non-eac.exe file, i have unzipped all the files and moved 7dtd_data, data and mods into the 7dtd replacing the 7dtd_data, data and mods that are already in the folder. i have waited 1 hour the first time, second time waited 30 mins and nothing still happened. i just dont know what to do.

btw sorry about the first page thing, my eyes and brain stopped communicating

Did you do a fresh install of 7dtd and then add Darkness Falls? Try uninstalling 7dtd and then delete the 7dtd folder in \Steam\steamapps\common. Just uninstalling the game won't remove existing mods and modded files.. If you already did this, are you running any other mods or did you modify any files yourself?