Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The fire by Dominic Enemy that throws it cant be put down with any kind of water the only way is diving in a pool and get 100% wet there is something wrong drinking water or juice isnt working .. am i the only one having this problem cuz this is a GG problem for the mod ... also i was at a trader and a random horde spawn right next to me in the building and they got stuck between ceilings with 10k HP the  ones with bombs stuck to there chests  huge size i needed to admin myself to clear them out  iam playing on the lowest difficulty  current game stage 101 on a lvl of 61 ....v 3.01 mod package the latest.. please check whats up with the fire thing thank you. 

21 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I turned it off because survivors/bandits cause NRE's. 😛

Well, that means there's something common between those code templates that's causing the issue. So that's a clue at least.  I'll run them through vimdiff when I get some more time and see if I can spot it.  I've got everything working fine now without the guards. Even when I'm in the protected trader area those zombie @%$*#!s can still get in by climbing on top of each other and then toppling over the fence or wall or whatever World War Z style.  Gotta stay vigilant at all times.  At least I don't have to fix all the destruction they cause now.

9 hours ago, scubahalo said:

Even when I'm in the protected trader area those zombie @%$*#!s can still get in by climbing on top of each other and then toppling over the fence or wall or whatever World War Z style.  Gotta stay vigilant at all times.  At least I don't have to fix all the destruction they cause now.

there is definitely some sort of world war z type thing going on now in a19.  i continuously find zombies getting into high places that they couldn't or wouldn't get to before.  

On 8/30/2020 at 8:47 PM, RBN said:

Hi KhaineGB

Last horde I set myself on fire with a molotov and when I tried to drink water to extinguish it  didn't work.

Is a bug or there is a new way to do it?

Bug that i'm looking into. Just stick some water down in a hole.

18 hours ago, Tykune said:

Does this mod work with RWG?

Yes.

10 hours ago, Amrallday said:

The fire by Dominic Enemy that throws it cant be put down with any kind of water the only way is diving in a pool and get 100% wet there is something wrong drinking water or juice isnt working .. am i the only one having this problem cuz this is a GG problem for the mod ... also i was at a trader and a random horde spawn right next to me in the building and they got stuck between ceilings with 10k HP the  ones with bombs stuck to there chests  huge size i needed to admin myself to clear them out  iam playing on the lowest difficulty  current game stage 101 on a lvl of 61 ....v 3.01 mod package the latest.. please check whats up with the fire thing thank you. 

Already looking into it. As stated, put down some water and just stand in it for now.

And that'll happen. Hordes spawn anywhere. Not a lot I can do about TFP's spawning code.

10 hours ago, scubahalo said:

Well, that means there's something common between those code templates that's causing the issue. So that's a clue at least.  I'll run them through vimdiff when I get some more time and see if I can spot it.  I've got everything working fine now without the guards. Even when I'm in the protected trader area those zombie @%$*#!s can still get in by climbing on top of each other and then toppling over the fence or wall or whatever World War Z style.  Gotta stay vigilant at all times.  At least I don't have to fix all the destruction they cause now.

Oh I know exactly what it is.

EntitySurvivor and EntityBandit extend from EntityNPC (which is what the trader is). Trader protection only allows 1 entity with the EntityNPC class within it's bounds.

So turning the protection back on will cause an NRE due to the Guard captain, plus also survivors and bandits.

Also, this is why the drone doesn't work... because EntityDrone extends from EntityNPC... ;)

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

EntitySurvivor and EntityBandit extend from EntityNPC (which is what the trader is). Trader protection only allows 1 entity with the EntityNPC class within it's bounds.

So turning the protection back on will cause an NRE due to the Guard captain, plus also survivors and bandits.

Also, this is why the drone doesn't work... because EntityDrone extends from EntityNPC... ;)

Hmm. That's odd. I have a working Trader AND a working Guard Captain in all my Traitor Joel's with Trader Protection turned on. No NRE's at all. I specifically wanted to keep the Guard Captains for quests. I only deleted the armed guards. I'll try the drone and see what happens just for the h*ll of it.

A few little bugs:

When you wear a hazard jacket when you already had another jacket makes the jacket disappear, at least with college jacket.

When you place the animal trap over a flagstone block the trap disappear. not sure about other kind of blocks.

The iron and steel sledge hammer recipes doesn't unlock the perk and you need to spend two point to make a titanium sledge.

Edited by RBN
spell (see edit history)

I have a mild, stupid question: Why can't I repair anything? Stone axe, Stone Spear, Etc.

I have no mods installed except this one. But no matter what I try to do, it just simply breaks and disappears.

Also recalled this being a problem on alpha 18, so is there something I'm supposed to do or...

Dear all, I've been trying to run Darkness Falls but with no luck.

I'm using A19 "vaniila" (freshly reinstalled, actually, no other mods), on a Linux machine w/16GB of RAM (I mention this as it becomes important later).

I've installed the mod by hand following the  instructions (unpack, copy dirs to relevant places, go). Since I play solo/local/no server, I downloaded the "client" version. EAC is disabled.

Now the problem: I start 7d2d and try to create a new game using one of the provided maps (I've tried both the Small and VSmall). The game starts, loads and by the time I see the character's hands on the screen, it freezes and, a moment later, crashes to desktop (when I'm lucky. A couple of times I had to  force reboot as everything was stuck).

Monitoring the application using top, it almost looks like it runs of memory. Is that a known problem or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for any help!

I would like to to some personal adjustments and need your help.
1. I like to slow down actions skills, and I wonder if this settings have to do with how fast/slow action skills is leveling?

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_MiningTools_LvlNextAdd" operation="set" value="400"/>
                <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$AS_MiningTools_LvlNextTotal" operation="set" value="400"/>

To make action skills slower, is it just to increase this numbers ("400") for both settings? Is "400" xp required for gaining first level?

2. I like to reduce exp and resources gained when using auger to slow that part of game down a little. I used to know this but right now I cant remember what I adjusted. Anyone have any suggestions?

3. I really like to reduce number of zeds wandering around without destroying large hordes at hordenights. I first thought about reducing number of "Max zombies alive" but I guess that also will reduce hordes. Then I tried lowering chance of zeds spawning in entitygroups but it had no effect. Is there any smooth and easy way to reduce number of wandering zeds?

Have fun :)

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, xxx73 said:

3. I really like to reduce number of zeds wandering around without destroying large hordes at hordenights. I first thought about reducing number of "Max zombies alive" but I guess that also will reduce hordes. Then I tried lowering chance of zeds spawning in entitygroups but it had no effect. Is there any smooth and easy way to reduce number of wandering zeds?

Try playing around with /Data/Config/spawning.xml

So, I was outside of a trader when night fell, and since it was night 1 and I spent most of my time getting TO the trader, I don't have a base setup yet, I tried running into it. There was a couple zombies outside, plus one of the Darkness Falls creatures (I can't remember the name. Anyway, I got into the trader base, closed the door, turned around, and saw one of the creatures coming straight at me. In other words, it went right through a wall without making any apparent noise. But also, and more importantly, the numerous guards on the walls did almost literally nothing. I was watching the trader base at night for a couple minutes before I decided to chance just making a run for it, and even though there were several creatures outside the walls the whole time, the guards did nothing. Is this new? In A18 they would shoot at any enemies even sort of near the walls...now, nothing.

1 hour ago, Steve78 said:

So, I was outside of a trader when night fell, and since it was night 1 and I spent most of my time getting TO the trader, I don't have a base setup yet, I tried running into it. There was a couple zombies outside, plus one of the Darkness Falls creatures (I can't remember the name. Anyway, I got into the trader base, closed the door, turned around, and saw one of the creatures coming straight at me. In other words, it went right through a wall without making any apparent noise. But also, and more importantly, the numerous guards on the walls did almost literally nothing. I was watching the trader base at night for a couple minutes before I decided to chance just making a run for it, and even though there were several creatures outside the walls the whole time, the guards did nothing. Is this new? In A18 they would shoot at any enemies even sort of near the walls...now, nothing.

Yeah, it's new. If you look back over the last few pages it's been discussed. Something TFP did with the AI screwed it up. I ended up removing the guards completely and turning Trader Protection back on. Unfortunately, you can't have both at the same time or you get constant NRE's. I'm trying to figure out a way around that now.

A place to post my bugs! yeah!

1. Plants planted in clay soil all seem to grow at different rates despite being equidistant from the rain barrel (down 2 so no overflow)

2. I have demolished a thousand tires. Never a tire. Only plastic parts.

3. Guards at traders don't seem to shoot zombies very well. They miss or don't shoot at all. Much better in alpha 18.4 as far as targeting.

4. Zombies and animals coming through walls or door of trader after being closed.

Might be a feature:

1. Having to replace animal feed in snares and coops that are reset.

2. After dying and coming back i am still starving, though my water has refilled to 100%. Kinda sucks dying from starvation and... still starving LOL Also tested with eating glass, same issue

Love the mod btw. I see some of these had been reported already but i wanted to include those that I was seeing as well as add my voice to some of the others. If anyone needs repro steps or what not don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, BeauJet said:

I have a mild, stupid question: Why can't I repair anything? Stone axe, Stone Spear, Etc.

I have no mods installed except this one. But no matter what I try to do, it just simply breaks and disappears.

Also recalled this being a problem on alpha 18, so is there something I'm supposed to do or...

Because anything quality 5 or lower breaks on repair. Level the appropriate crafting skill.

17 hours ago, lonebat said:

Dear all, I've been trying to run Darkness Falls but with no luck.

I'm using A19 "vaniila" (freshly reinstalled, actually, no other mods), on a Linux machine w/16GB of RAM (I mention this as it becomes important later).

I've installed the mod by hand following the  instructions (unpack, copy dirs to relevant places, go). Since I play solo/local/no server, I downloaded the "client" version. EAC is disabled.

Now the problem: I start 7d2d and try to create a new game using one of the provided maps (I've tried both the Small and VSmall). The game starts, loads and by the time I see the character's hands on the screen, it freezes and, a moment later, crashes to desktop (when I'm lucky. A couple of times I had to  force reboot as everything was stuck).

Monitoring the application using top, it almost looks like it runs of memory. Is that a known problem or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for any help!

Already tracked down to one of the harmony patches.

Use proton for now.

15 hours ago, quixe said:

Ran into a bug where my hunger didn't refill when I died.  It was kind of a problem after eating a can of sham, a saltcure and heat pasturized product, gave me food poisoning :v

Sort-of intended. It should have re-filled to 50. I'm trying to stop people just suiciding to get around hunger, because that was a thing.

13 hours ago, xxx73 said:

I would like to to some personal adjustments and need your help.
1. I like to slow down actions skills, and I wonder if this settings have to do with how fast/slow action skills is leveling?

To make action skills slower, is it just to increase this numbers ("400") for both settings? Is "400" xp required for gaining first level?

2. I like to reduce exp and resources gained when using auger to slow that part of game down a little. I used to know this but right now I cant remember what I adjusted. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have fun :)

1) Yep. That should do it.
2) Look in item_modifiers.xml for the mining xp nerf mod. That'll show you how to do it. Be VERY careful. Lowering it too much causes XP deficit.

3) Spawnng.xml. But it's a zombie apocalypse game. There's supposed to be a ton of zombies.

11 hours ago, Steve78 said:

Stop running to traders.

Something changed on the AI. They don't shoot if there's something within 3 blocks. It's NOT something I changed.

10 hours ago, xxx73 said:

In A18 I used buffPowerArmorComplete buff to enable some powerful weapons, now I only see buffHazmatChecking for both hazmat and power armor. How can I use a power armor check for enabling weapons now?

Pretty sure the buff is still in buffs xml, so you'd just need to compare the buffs.xml file and items.xml file to the A18 versions and stick the appropriate lines in.

7 hours ago, Schrodinger said:

A place to post my bugs! yeah!

1. Plants planted in clay soil all seem to grow at different rates despite being equidistant from the rain barrel (down 2 so no overflow)

2. I have demolished a thousand tires. Never a tire. Only plastic parts.

3. Guards at traders don't seem to shoot zombies very well. They miss or don't shoot at all. Much better in alpha 18.4 as far as targeting.

4. Zombies and animals coming through walls or door of trader after being closed.

Might be a feature:

1. Having to replace animal feed in snares and coops that are reset.

2. After dying and coming back i am still starving, though my water has refilled to 100%. Kinda sucks dying from starvation and... still starving LOL Also tested with eating glass, same issue

Love the mod btw. I see some of these had been reported already but i wanted to include those that I was seeing as well as add my voice to some of the others. If anyone needs repro steps or what not don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks!

1) Um, what clay soil?
2) Use a wrench.
3) Not fixable. TFP changed something on the ranged AI targetting.
4) Again, that's more of a TFP thing with models clipping through blocks. Also the trader isn't protected and stuff can spawn in there.

As for the other stuff.

1) Intended so you don't just have unlimited food with only an initial cost.
2) Semi-intended. It should set you back to 50 food on respawn. I did that to stop folks just suiciding to deal with hunger (yes, that was legit a thing).

There is a bug with the trader. You can't access their inventory and when you click on them your controls goes buggy. They are opposite what they should be.  I am playing on a PC, you have to log out and log back in to get it to work right again. There are several people playing on my server all with the same issue. Is there any fixes for this issue?