Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 4/28/2024 at 12:15 AM, Similar said:

Started a new game for 5.1.0-DEV-B1.  I've found six traders so far and got Charismatic Nature maxed around level ... 30 or so. I'm level 55 now and I've never seen a welding torch at a trader (they do seem to have the other workstation tools). Never found any in containers either. I did finally get one when I was level 34 from a zombie drop.

I'm playing an extremely casual game without bloodmoons, so lack of concrete and other stuff locked behind welding torches hasn't been too painful, but in a normal game it would have been a tad problematic.

Am I just extremely unlucky or are welding torches that rare now?

I too have found some tools hard to find, though in my current game I had no problems finding everything quickly BUT a pair of calipers. I think the key is going to the poi's likely to have what you are looking for (the image below may be obsolete as it goes back to a19). Most of the time I've been able to find what I need, but my previous game I had a super hard time locating a welding torch of all things, though I may have just been going to the wrong places due to the trader/area I was in. You might also try some of the buried supplies quests. Hazmat fibers/drops are rare in 5.x/a21 it seems.

.image.png.35b638fdd1e481228fe653e0895b8931.png

On 4/29/2024 at 11:09 AM, walkingwounded said:

I too have found some tools hard to find, though in my current game I had no problems finding everything quickly BUT a pair of calipers.

ah, in my game calipers is the tool I've found the most.

I think the key is going to the poi's likely to have what you are looking for (the image below may be obsolete as it goes back to a19). Most of the time I've been able to find what I need, but my previous game I had a super hard time locating a welding torch of all things, though I may have just been going to the wrong places due to the trader/area I was in. You might also try some of the buried supplies quests.

I'm pretty sure the place I've most often found welding torches in v5.x has been in Working Stiffs trucks, but that has failed me in my current game (well, I did find my second welding torch of the game in a truck, but that was on day 56 or so, so not really that helpful. But it does mean they can still be found in trucks, at least).

I'm surprised not a single trader has had welding torches so far in my game. With Charismatic Nature 5 I should be seeing their full inventories, I think, and I've found at least one of each trader, except for Caitlin (aside for the lathe, they don't seem to have any workstations either, so I couldn't just buy a cement mixer).

Hazmat fibers/drops are rare in 5.x/a21 it seems.

I think this game could be the first ever DF game I've had where I might be able to make all five radiation-ready mods. I have four so far.

Granted, that's more because the cost of crafting them has been lowered than because the fibers are particularly common.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:15 AM, Similar said:

Started a new game for 5.1.0-DEV-B1.  I've found six traders so far and got Charismatic Nature maxed around level ... 30 or so. I'm level 55 now and I've never seen a welding torch at a trader (they do seem to have the other workstation tools). Never found any in containers either. I did finally get one when I was level 34 from a zombie drop.

I'm playing an extremely casual game without bloodmoons, so lack of concrete and other stuff locked behind welding torches hasn't been too painful, but in a normal game it would have been a tad problematic.

Am I just extremely unlucky or are welding torches that rare now?

Pretty unlucky. Bob normally has them though

On 4/29/2024 at 12:57 AM, Keibl said:

I was really hoping to finally see some npc followers here, but they're still not here. When will they be added?

I never said I was going to add NPC's followers

Posted (edited)

Hi @KhaineGB I encountered a little problem after restoring my character on corrupted save. ( lost Player progression and map/quests progrtession as well ).

I messed up when I read Dev: Wellness book after already added xp to char and it reset the wellness to 100 and than the other book that maxed the wellness so there is no turning back on that is it? But if not that is OK, not a biggie.
Current wellness is at max 400 when it should be around 290 ish at level 94 and  health nut 5/5.

Now the current problem 
After restoring my skills and all I went on to the trader to restore quests to lvl 5 with dev quest tickets.
Than I went on and took the DEV:Find a trader notes and it gave me the "Opening trade routes quest".
But problem is since I already unlocked the skill Charismatic nature 5/5 where you get to pick 2 rewards for quest completition, now I can't complete the quest since there is only 1 option to choose from 1 stone and rest of the picks are empty so I cant't select two options to complete the quest.
is there any way around it since I cant use another Dev:Find a trader note until i Complete the current quest.

Tnx,
B

p.s. I just imported Forgetin elixir from original 7d2d to erase all the skillpoints and will redo them after I find a trader for DF progression.

TraderJen.jpg

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Bhaaltazar said:

Hi @KhaineGB I encountered a little problem after restoring my character on corrupted save. ( lost Player progression and map/quests progrtession as well ).

I messed up when I read Dev: Wellness book after already added xp to char and it reset the wellness to 100 and than the other book that maxed the wellness so there is no turning back on that is it? But if not that is OK, not a biggie.
Current wellness is at max 400 when it should be around 290 ish at level 94 and  health nut 5/5.

Now the current problem 
After restoring my skills and all I went on to the trader to restore quests to lvl 5 with dev quest tickets.
Than I went on and took the DEV:Find a trader notes and it gave me the "Opening trade routes quest".
But problem is since I already unlocked the skill Charismatic nature 5/5 where you get to pick 2 rewards for quest completition, now I can't complete the quest since there is only 1 option to choose from 1 stone and rest of the picks are empty so I cant't select two options to complete the quest.
is there any way around it since I cant use another Dev:Find a trader note until i Complete the current quest.

Tnx,
B

p.s. I just imported Forgetin elixir from original 7d2d to erase all the skillpoints and will redo them after I find a trader for DF progression.

TraderJen.jpg

Those quests shouldn't actually offer anything. When your character gets corrupted like that, it's best to just start over.

Darkness Falls V5.1.0 is now OUT and ready for download!

Now...

If you are on 5.0.1, a new save is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED. If you are on 5.1.0-DEV-B10, then you SHOULDN'T need a new save, but it is strongly recommended.

Patch notes included are for the changes between B10 and B11. I'll sort out some full patch notes into a pastebin later.

DF-V5.1.0-DEV-B11

- (IDC) Updated Hydroponics mod.
- (IDC) Added a patch that shows perk requirements even if the requirements aren't met.
- (IDC) Added a patch that tints the border of food/drink/med items to show how much wellness they give at a glance.
- (OCBMaurice) Fixed the lawnmower to work with DF crops.
- Fixed incorrect xpath for unlocking the levelling shovel.
- Fixed rain catchers generating too much heat.
- Fixed an incorrect tag on fruit trees from when I was trying to fix the great TFP Tree @%$# up.
- Added signs to traders to show that vending machines take old cash. (This will need a chunk reset or new save to show)
- Removed some unnecessary XML that was causing seeds to be dropped from crops when it shouldn't.
- Removed localization from Restore Power saying it's night only when it's not.
- Lowered stamina cost of the Levelling Shovel as it's just a tool to make things look pretty.
- Adjusted Razor, Eve and Anna's quests to send the player back to the correct trader.

Download: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA21/_git/DarknessFallsA21

Also...

YES THIS MEANS IT'S ON THE LAUNCHER! However a manual install will ALWAYS be recommended.

Go have fun or something. 😛

2 bugs 5.1.0

water barrel doesn't work,it should be placed as a water storage,but it can not be placed.

working player sinks doesn't work, It should be a water source, but it is a storage now.

I think they were working at 4.x era.

Posted (edited)

Raincatcher turned into Dew collector in new version ( Playing latest Mortar and Pestle fix - latest fix on 5.1.0 ) .
Only few days in since I restarted the game will report if I find anything else

Disregard that I see there were few more updates already after I posted that :)

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

5 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

2 bugs 5.1.0

water barrel doesn't work,it should be placed as a water storage,but it can not be placed.

working player sinks doesn't work, It should be a water source, but it is a storage now.

I think they were working at 4.x era.

1) Water barrel needs to be removed.
2) Sinks work fine. They work the same way they always have since they were introduced into the mod in A16.

As in, you fill jars from them like a water source.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

1) Water barrel needs to be removed.
2) Sinks work fine. They work the same way they always have since they were introduced into the mod in A16.

As in, you fill jars from them like a water source.

you are right ,empty jar works fine with sinks.Is there any chance that sinks also works with buckets?

Thank you for your great work!

I am running the A21.2 (b37) version of the game as well as the darkness falls mod only. I am unable to complete any story mission quests. I get to retrieve razor's stash and am able to find the stash but it will not allow me to turn in the quest. I have run the command to go meet eve and I can access her quests but then it won't complete any of them either. I have done a fresh install of the game as well as the mod. It happens on local games as well as my buddies server. Is there any idea for a work around?

13 hours ago, GallifreyanSith said:

I am running the A21.2 (b37) version of the game as well as the darkness falls mod only. I am unable to complete any story mission quests. I get to retrieve razor's stash and am able to find the stash but it will not allow me to turn in the quest. I have run the command to go meet eve and I can access her quests but then it won't complete any of them either. I have done a fresh install of the game as well as the mod. It happens on local games as well as my buddies server. Is there any idea for a work around?

I fixed that yesterday. Grab the quests.xml file from the download link and replace.

3 hours ago, madmikep said:

Super Corn fully grown it floats above the ground.

It's done that for ages. It's a vanilla model. I'm not messing with it.

Raincatcher - there is a mismatch in crafting recipe.

There two types of raincatchers in creative menu - ones that stack and are incorrect ones ( 28729 ) DFRainCatcher and have dew collector inventory - This is the one that you get when you craft it now.
But the item we should get when we craft it is unstackable and it produces water blocks - 28730 DFRainCatcher2

No it's not.

The one that works like the dew collector is the one you're supposed to get. The other one wasn't removed because some people are stubborn and refuse to delete their saves even when told to do so. Removing blocks messes up the internal block ID numbers and would REALLY screw things up

On 5/6/2024 at 4:43 AM, KhaineGB said:

It SHOULD work with buckets but I honestly don't remember.

I tested it it is dosn't,and neither the bowl . 

since we talking about the bowls, it is a great update that refunding the bowl when consuming  saps , it changes the game a lot, saves lots of dirt, make the fuel of log useful, bandage and glue almost free. But it does some negative effection because is stack only 15, like making fuel of logs or glues(occupy campfie's or workstation's output ). So is it a good idea to rise the stack of bowl and sap ? maybe like jars to 125?

Posted (edited)

I have trouble with the rain catcher in V5.1.0.

New savegame, update via launcher.

Even after several days, there is no water. I made a trench one deep and inside the trench a hole for the rain catcher. Also tried a free standing raincatcher. Nothing works. Is there a workaround for it? Or did it changed with the newest version?

lso the water buckets doesn´t work, to bring the water manual to the farming water trenches.

Edit: Rain catcher (not water catcher)

Edited by Tessador
rain catcher instead of water catcher (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Reading the patch notes would have helped, but a decently short explanation is:

1) Treat the Rain Catcher as a Dew Collector, but you place Iron Buckets into it to fill.
2) Dig some trenches in your garden to hold some water.
3) Take out the filled bucket from the rain catcher and poor out the water into the trenches.
4) Crops in A21 DFalls don't destroy water as they grow (it's intended, but the feature was broken changing A20 to A21), but they still need water.  If you're just growing crops then you're now done watering them.

You can fill empty jars or buckets (including Clay Bucket) from sources of open water as normal, so you could fill them from your crops-trenches.  You could have ignored step 1 entirely if you'd filled a Clay or Iron Bucket from any open water instead, that's what I did earlier today.

If that's not working, then try updating without using the Mod Launcher (that's what you meant right?), just do a manual install (there's a video in the first post or two showing how)

Edited by Brevan (see edit history)

Thanks for your answer. Ahh i missed this point, sorry, after reading it twice i found it (its a long list). 

The water bucket works (no idea what i was made wrong before, i think not enough coffee...).🤪

Thanks again for your time, i get in my corner to shame on me (user failed).

10 minutes ago, PircBarb said:

Hey - I just noticed the trader vending machines won't recognize dukes to allow purchases. Anyone else with this problem?

Vending machines take the old cash now, not dukes. You should be finding more old cash in cash registers instead of dukes to kind of compensate for this.

oh wow thanks I appreciate it and will now save the cash vs selling them - I do appreciate that. Was that in an update notes? I totally missed it.

Thanks again

Barb

On 06/05/2024 at 04:21, madmikep said:

Super Corn totalmente crescido flutua floats acima do solo.

tbm acontece no meu mundo. mas minha versão ainda é a antiga não não fiz as ultimas 2 atualizações.

So, we installed Darkness Falls v5.10 from the Mod Launcher, and installed Hotfix 882c1 from Modlauncher as well.

Our friend is not using Mod Launcher, and installed Darkness Falls but is getting errors trying to join us because I am guessing he doesn't have "Hotfix 882c1".

So where can we get Hotfix 882c1 without using Mod Launcher? I mean we recommend manual install right, please point us in the right direction of the Hotfix.