Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hello there..

I have finally got the chance to download Darkness Fall 21.0..

And when i start to play it, i can't loot the garbage.. 

Why? 

Sorry for my bad english, its not my main language.

Hope that someone, will understand what i mean anyway. 

/Keeno

2 hours ago, Blackstrum said:

I just installed DF and Im not seeing my health bar, the bar that shows food and drink.   The box is simply empty, no bar.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Did you have any mods installed before this? I had the same problem but it was because  I had forgotten to uninstall a UI mod I had used previously.

Edited by KDK241 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Keeno said:

Hello there..

I have finally got the chance to download Darkness Fall 21.0..

And when i start to play it, i can't loot the garbage.. 

Why? 

Sorry for my bad english, its not my main language.

Hope that someone, will understand what i mean anyway. 

/Keeno

Are you using Alpha 21.2? Darkness Falls V5 only works with A21.1 for now.

19 minutes ago, KDK241 said:

Did you have any mods installed before this? I had the same problem but it was because  I had forgotten to uninstall a UI mod I had used previously.

No mod at all.  Copied 7DTD to a new folder, delete the mod folder, then copy Darkness Fall mod folder

I did my usual cos my internet was being potat. Basically uploaded, posted in discord, went to bed. So whoops.

Build 25 is up! Patch notes and stuff below. As per previous builds, A21.1 STABLE only. If by any chance 21.2 goes stable, tough, you still need 21.1. No 21.0. No A20.whatever. Only A21.1

Ok? Good.

Second thing. There are quest fixes in here. You are very likely going to need a save restart. There are also POI fixes which need a save restart, but are MUCH less critical.

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B25

(Sphereii) Fixed material duplication when using remote crafting.
(Myth) Fixed more reported PEP bugs.
Fixed incorrect model on grown super corn (both variants).
Fixed "Cannot use at this time" on the normal bandage.
Fixed Knife Master 2 not properly adding bleed when it should.
Fixed Serrated Blade mod not properly stacking bleed like it should.
Fixed scout still only teaching Bladed Crafting 1, thus allowing cheap levels in that perk.
Fixed Laser Carbine and Laser Shotgun turrets using the wrong parts and unlocking at the wrong levels.
Fixed Jason's Machete damage scaling with quality when it shouldn't.
Fixed missing unlock for Powered Steel Garage Door 5x3 Helper.
Fixed Laborer not properly refunding points in perks the player can't use. (IMPORTANT NOTE: I had to alter the first laborer quest rewards to do this. It may cause a character reset if you have the laborer class!)
Fixed Flammable Oil, Nicd and Liquid Nitrogen mods not being installable on some of the junk turrets (sledge and ranged).
Fixed wasteland rocks giving nitrate when they shouldn't.
Fixed missing door prices.
Fixed Joel not properly teaching ammo recipes (was a buff issue).
Fixed "Take All" causing NRE's even when the button is not there, and also removed some buttons I forgot about.
(IDC) Added new animal snare that works the same way as the coop and beehives.
Added missing localization to the science crafting perk to show it increases quality for the rocket launcher, flamethrower and robotic drone.
Added feathers to the chicken coop as a potential production item.
(IDC) Updated IDC core to fix some reported bugs with the Coop/Beehive/Snare.
Updated the descriptions of the Animal Snare, Chicken Coop and Beehives to state how they work.
Changed repairable vehicles to a game event block. On repair, the event fires, places the vehicle IN YOUR INVENTORY and then destroys itself. No more vehicles failing to spawn! (Vehicle Repair Kit description has been edited to state this)
Changed the size of rad vultures and demon vultures to normal vulture size due to vanilla bug with the hitboxes when they're enlarged.
Changed the crowbar. It no longer has a power attack, but unlocks safes and end-POI loot in 1 hit. This grants the "lockpicked" bonus loot. CAUTION: This uses a lot of stamina and creates a lot of heat. If you end up with a screamer party, don't blame me. You were warned.
Changed the mesh for the thrown pulse grenade to see if it helps with it... y'know... being thrown properly.
Changed all quests from "Craft" to "FetchKeep" to make things easier and remove some bugs.
Changed the heat generation on the grow lights because TFP decided to mess with the heat system and completely @%$# it up.
Increased spawn rate of repairable vehicles.

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B25.zip (you may need to copy and paste this)

Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSY3cuUuokOSnZlh7KVVxKVVKabyMvIF/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1olw4U_ruEsDbHxQgELygFW0boF9iAHMq/view?usp=sharing

Also a small hotfix for an NRE: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/1155298799347040326/IDCCoreV2.dll

Hotfix goes into Mods\IDCCore and it fixes an NRE while scrapping items in the workbench.

Ok, I think that's everything. I need more coffee.

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I did my usual cos my internet was being potat. Basically uploaded, posted in discord, went to bed. So whoops.

Build 25 is up! Patch notes and stuff below. As per previous builds, A21.1 STABLE only. If by any chance 21.2 goes stable, tough, you still need 21.1. No 21.0. No A20.whatever. Only A21.1

Ok? Good.

Second thing. There are quest fixes in here. You are very likely going to need a save restart. There are also POI fixes which need a save restart, but are MUCH less critical.

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B25

(Sphereii) Fixed material duplication when using remote crafting.
(Myth) Fixed more reported PEP bugs.
Fixed incorrect model on grown super corn (both variants).
Fixed "Cannot use at this time" on the normal bandage.
Fixed Knife Master 2 not properly adding bleed when it should.
Fixed Serrated Blade mod not properly stacking bleed like it should.
Fixed scout still only teaching Bladed Crafting 1, thus allowing cheap levels in that perk.
Fixed Laser Carbine and Laser Shotgun turrets using the wrong parts and unlocking at the wrong levels.
Fixed Jason's Machete damage scaling with quality when it shouldn't.
Fixed missing unlock for Powered Steel Garage Door 5x3 Helper.
Fixed Laborer not properly refunding points in perks the player can't use. (IMPORTANT NOTE: I had to alter the first laborer quest rewards to do this. It may cause a character reset if you have the laborer class!)
Fixed Flammable Oil, Nicd and Liquid Nitrogen mods not being installable on some of the junk turrets (sledge and ranged).
Fixed wasteland rocks giving nitrate when they shouldn't.
Fixed missing door prices.
Fixed Joel not properly teaching ammo recipes (was a buff issue).
Fixed "Take All" causing NRE's even when the button is not there, and also removed some buttons I forgot about.
(IDC) Added new animal snare that works the same way as the coop and beehives.
Added missing localization to the science crafting perk to show it increases quality for the rocket launcher, flamethrower and robotic drone.
Added feathers to the chicken coop as a potential production item.
(IDC) Updated IDC core to fix some reported bugs with the Coop/Beehive/Snare.
Updated the descriptions of the Animal Snare, Chicken Coop and Beehives to state how they work.
Changed repairable vehicles to a game event block. On repair, the event fires, places the vehicle IN YOUR INVENTORY and then destroys itself. No more vehicles failing to spawn! (Vehicle Repair Kit description has been edited to state this)
Changed the size of rad vultures and demon vultures to normal vulture size due to vanilla bug with the hitboxes when they're enlarged.
Changed the crowbar. It no longer has a power attack, but unlocks safes and end-POI loot in 1 hit. This grants the "lockpicked" bonus loot. CAUTION: This uses a lot of stamina and creates a lot of heat. If you end up with a screamer party, don't blame me. You were warned.
Changed the mesh for the thrown pulse grenade to see if it helps with it... y'know... being thrown properly.
Changed all quests from "Craft" to "FetchKeep" to make things easier and remove some bugs.
Changed the heat generation on the grow lights because TFP decided to mess with the heat system and completely @%$# it up.
Increased spawn rate of repairable vehicles.

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B25.zip (you may need to copy and paste this)

Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSY3cuUuokOSnZlh7KVVxKVVKabyMvIF/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1olw4U_ruEsDbHxQgELygFW0boF9iAHMq/view?usp=sharing

Also a small hotfix for an NRE: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/1155298799347040326/IDCCoreV2.dll

Hotfix goes into Mods\IDCCore and it fixes an NRE while scrapping items in the workbench.

Ok, I think that's everything. I need more coffee.

Great Job!!

Edited by aypoch
Posted in wrong mod section, my bad (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Lostgunman said:

Just off hand...is there a suggested map we should be testing on? 400 pages is a bit much to read through and this could help a lot of people...since I am hearing random generated is a no-go...

Any of the pre-gen maps the mod comes with, I would think, but RWG does work too. Almost all the maps I've generated for V5 so far, which is rather a lot, have had all the DF POIs, and the one map that didn't had been generated without snow and wasteland, for some reason (the A21 RWG has a very relaxed attitude when it comes to respecting your biome percentages, in my experience).

Hello all,
is it a bug or does the story not continue at this point?
I accepted the quest from Doctor Anna, went to the lab and picked up the delivery. (Bunker in the Wastelands) After dropping it off, she gave me a new quest and sent me back to the same lab. When I then want to activate the area maker there, only the console goes up and shows an error message. Has anyone ever had this problem? I also just downloaded the B25 and tried again, but it doesn't work even with the update.

Thanks already for any answers and help :)

1 hour ago, Dargathan said:

Hello all,
is it a bug or does the story not continue at this point?
I accepted the quest from Doctor Anna, went to the lab and picked up the delivery. (Bunker in the Wastelands) After dropping it off, she gave me a new quest and sent me back to the same lab. When I then want to activate the area maker there, only the console goes up and shows an error message. Has anyone ever had this problem? I also just downloaded the B25 and tried again, but it doesn't work even with the update.

Thanks already for any answers and help :)

That's the end, so far.

22 hours ago, Lostgunman said:

Just off hand...is there a suggested map we should be testing on? 400 pages is a bit much to read through and this could help a lot of people...since I am hearing random generated is a no-go...

RWG mostly works in A21. Just don't delete biomes. You need all of them

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

RWG mostly works in A21. Just don't delete biomes. You need all of them

RWG gives me two of every DFalls site  so that's cool. [Are traders clones or holograms?] I am pretty harsh about the snow biome though: like, keeping it 12-15%. *looks at maps* ...has the Military Bunker always spawned in the snow? We've never got far before changing maps/updating/whathaveyou. 😂

11 minutes ago, Apocalipservice said:

RWG gives me two of every DFalls site  so that's cool. [Are traders clones or holograms?] I am pretty harsh about the snow biome though: like, keeping it 12-15%. *looks at maps* ...has the Military Bunker always spawned in the snow? We've never got far before changing maps/updating/whathaveyou. 😂

My B25 map was set to 20% wasteland and 20% snow, but somehow the RWG decided to make the wasteland about half the size of the snow biome. The RWG is pretty weird in A21.

Also, I was out looking for traders and just drove by the small bunker POI. It's about 10 meters from the wasteland in this map, so if I get screamers when I do it, things might get interesting...

And yes, I think the small bunker has been in the snow biome for at least A19 and A20. Not sure before then (I feel like Khaine's A16 DF playthrough also had it in the snow, but my memory isn't terribly reliable so I may be wrong).

Edited by Similar
is (see edit history)

HI Guys, I know it is suggested to create a new save file but we have come so far. We play PVE and have set the days to max length. I know we shouldnt but we like to build and explore. Isnt there anyway we can update and still keep our save file? 

PS: We are just 2 people and we run the save file from my PC.

LOVE THE MOD BTW ❤️

Edited by MadamCrazy (see edit history)

With 21.2 in experimental and not knowing when TFP will make it stable. I have a solution to prevent auto updated to 21.2. I have a vanilla copy of 7d2d on my computer in a folder named "7 days to die van". I rename the current folder to "7 days to die df" and the vanilla folder to "7 days to die." I told steam I wanted to run A20.7. Now steam thinks I'm running an older alpha and will not update. I now have a folder that I can use for overhauls not in a21 (yet). I just rename the directories when ever I want to switch and the a21 DF or district zero or whatever works fine. For the record I have 4 installs of 7d2d in my steam directory DF, Vanilla, district zero, and a20.7.

Is there something in B25 that has been reported to cause lag? I made a base on the outskirts of a large town and everything was fine for the first 10 or so days. Then I suddenly started to get odd chugging, like normal frame rate for 5 seconds, then a frame rate hitch, etc.

And it kept doing it even when I went very far away from the base (like 5km or more). If I went away from the base and then restarted the game, the chugging didn't seem to happen until I got near my base again.

Eventually the game crashed very badly, with lockup, weird graphics and then the computer restarted. And my save is gone.

I didn't really have anything much. Couple of advanced forges, metal workstation, tailoring station, writing desk, workbench, chem station.

I think I had just started a garden when the chugging began. Not a very big one; ten corn, ten potatos, a few mushrooms. Farm plot blocks around a long trench with rain catchers. I also had four growing apple trees, one animal snare (with the Better ... Feed? upgrade) and one chicken coop. And a scarecrow.

Except for the new animal snare, it was about the same I had in my B24 game without problems (though, I just loaded that save and had bad chugging there too, but that might be due to running on B25).

11 hours ago, Similar said:

Is there something in B25 that has been reported to cause lag? I made a base on the outskirts of a large town and everything was fine for the first 10 or so days. Then I suddenly started to get odd chugging, like normal frame rate for 5 seconds, then a frame rate hitch, etc.

And it kept doing it even when I went very far away from the base (like 5km or more). If I went away from the base and then restarted the game, the chugging didn't seem to happen until I got near my base again.

Eventually the game crashed very badly, with lockup, weird graphics and then the computer restarted. And my save is gone.

I didn't really have anything much. Couple of advanced forges, metal workstation, tailoring station, writing desk, workbench, chem station.

I think I had just started a garden when the chugging began. Not a very big one; ten corn, ten potatos, a few mushrooms. Farm plot blocks around a long trench with rain catchers. I also had four growing apple trees, one animal snare (with the Better ... Feed? upgrade) and one chicken coop. And a scarecrow.

Except for the new animal snare, it was about the same I had in my B24 game without problems (though, I just loaded that save and had bad chugging there too, but that might be due to running on B25).

Yes. It's something I Don't Care patched that shouldn't have caused it. SHOULD be fixed for the next version. We're doing more testing.

Minor B25 things:

Animal Poison has a green icon (may be a vanilla thing; I think this is the first time in my thousands of 7DtD hours I've ever been poisoned by a snake) and also doesn't show duration on the HUD (it does on the effects page). Doesn't seem to have any negative effects?

Bit of an unexpected problem, but broken glass is actually kind of difficult to come by now. Windows don't give you glass, you can't scrap jars anymore and I'm pretty sure there used to be a forge recipe to make it with in A20 and earlier, but not now. So I'm looking for broken glass sound traps on the ground (which do still give broken glass, for some reason) and they're not too common.

Some questions:

1) If you use a crowbar or pickaxe to open a locked chest some of the loot inside will be destroyed, whereas if you lockpick the chest you get more loot. This is what a big 7D2D Youtuber says. Is that correct?

2) If you use a power attack, do tools degrade more compared to a normal attack? Do you get more block damage out of a tool before you have to repair it by using power attacks only?

3) I chopped down an orange tree, it fell on my head and severely hurt me. Is that kind of damage new?

And still, orange trees need an extra chop compared to apple trees which is weird and probably a bug.

Edit:
Forgot to add version: B24

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)