Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So after looking through the last several pages I didn't see anyone else having this issue here, so maybe it's just me but:

Playing vanilla 7 Days to die with 20.2 Darkness Falls, no other mods etc. installed.

The issue is the sound effects.  They have one of three issues, 70-80% of the time:

1.  No sound pays at all, like when breaking open a crate with an axe, no sound of the axe hitting the crate at all.

2.  Sound effect is delayed, sometimes up to 2 seconds after it should have played.

3.  Sound effect plays but it cut of midway or clipped at the end.

Very weird bug that doesn't prevent play but it's SO common that it's distracting. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or might have a solution.  Music and other sound effects seem to be okay for the most part.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Aradael said:

So after looking through the last several pages I didn't see anyone else having this issue here, so maybe it's just me but:

Playing vanilla 7 Days to die with 20.2 Darkness Falls, no other mods etc. installed.

The issue is the sound effects.  They have one of three issues, 70-80% of the time:

1.  No sound pays at all, like when breaking open a crate with an axe, no sound of the axe hitting the crate at all.

2.  Sound effect is delayed, sometimes up to 2 seconds after it should have played.

3.  Sound effect plays but it cut of midway or clipped at the end.

Very weird bug that doesn't prevent play but it's SO common that it's distracting. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or might have a solution.  Music and other sound effects seem to be okay for the most part.

Thanks in advance.

How much RAM have you got? Cos I've only had that when i'm running on high RAM usage.

30 minutes ago, Twistediron said:

We crafted a new blank book but he cant no get back to the scientist quests. Does that mean he is blocked from scientist now ? 

You need to give him admin access, and then he needs to use givequest quest_classtrainingscientistX

Where X is a number between 1 and 6. So if his last quest was 3, it'd be givequest quest_classtrainingscientist4

stephan's treasure turns out to be at the bottom of the ocean far out. i was bored enough to trek out there build a pillar etc. got down through the dirt but when i hit rock it reacts like an area within a claim block. im guessing stephan's treasure map is glitched? not sure if df or vanilla thing

So, I'm playing a solo game and did the scout missions until they sent me to Razor, did his missions and he sent me to eve.  I then did eve's first mission but it got returned to Razor instead of Eve and now Eve won't give me any more quest and Razor just keeps giving me the "go to Eve" quest over and over (done it 3 times now, thanks for all the extra reward ammo).  So I went back to the scout and did more missions for her to get my Faction up to 15 hoping that would solve it but Eve still won't give me a second quest.

12 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

stephan's treasure turns out to be at the bottom of the ocean far out. i was bored enough to trek out there build a pillar etc. got down through the dirt but when i hit rock it reacts like an area within a claim block. im guessing stephan's treasure map is glitched? not sure if df or vanilla thing

Pretty sure that's a vanilla thing.

7 hours ago, Mrjohn1337 said:

Hello, firstly thank you for the mod. Me and my friends have a lot of hours sunk into DF. Im wondering about rwg, why isnt working with DF and will it be fixed to work along side the mod?

Because it doesn't obey biome restrictions properly.

2 hours ago, Valrin72 said:

So, I'm playing a solo game and did the scout missions until they sent me to Razor, did his missions and he sent me to eve.  I then did eve's first mission but it got returned to Razor instead of Eve and now Eve won't give me any more quest and Razor just keeps giving me the "go to Eve" quest over and over (done it 3 times now, thanks for all the extra reward ammo).  So I went back to the scout and did more missions for her to get my Faction up to 15 hoping that would solve it but Eve still won't give me a second quest.

Huh. He shouldn't give you that quest again. May need to fix that later. You can try forcing the second quest with givequest Eve_Quest2

I don't know how feasible my suggestion is. But, maybe have a chance for more survivor npc's to spawn after completing x amount of quests? Like for example doing 10 clear quests would lead to survivor npc's possibly spawning more for a short while to simulate the player actually having an impact of the world. 

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Huh. He shouldn't give you that quest again. May need to fix that later. You can try forcing the second quest with givequest Eve_Quest2

well, I just tried that.  Completed the quest and it had NO return point.  Went to Eve and she accepted the quest as complete....but then no quest 3.  Am I going to have to force every quest going forward??

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Probably for eves next two, yes.

givequest Eve_Quest3

and then...

givequest Eve_Meeting_Anna

well, I've got Anna's first quest now but it's nearly 4km away so that will be a while before I do it. 

As for the small lab.....Giant @%$#ING SPIDERS????  WTF???  I closed the door when I went into the lab because I know that hordes of zombies always arrive while you're in there....but GIANT @%$#ING SPIDERS?????  The legs were like 8 feet long.  I couldn't even see them other than the legs clipping through the wall.image.thumb.jpeg.306c844b7cf1252f2d0ab211c4b2159c.jpeg

Quick question has anyone seen those sky scrapers that were part of darkness falls or have they been removed from the list of building allowed on the maps?

Btw when looking for resources to mine are seperate nodes for each or do they look like rock and you have to lucky to find it under the rock?

Edited by Twistediron (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Valrin72 said:

As for the small lab.....Giant @%$#ING SPIDERS????  WTF???  I closed the door when I went into the lab because I know that hordes of zombies always arrive while you're in there....but GIANT @%$#ING SPIDERS?????  The legs were like 8 feet long.  I couldn't even see them other than the legs clipping through the wall.

I'm assuming either that lab was in/very close to the wasteland and/or a screamer was alerted to how much noise being made, since those normally only appear in the wasteland and in hordes.

Hiya! Long time fan of the game and mod, played it since its A18 days (Not terribly long ago I suppose, but I digress)

I threw a mining xp reducer on my auger so I didn't bork my experience gain, but after removing it, dropping, throwing it in a crate, etc. I still could not see any experience gain on my xp bar.

Did I just break my game? Please tell me no, I just built an absolute monstrosity of a base.

Thanks!

Forced a level up and all is good again! Disregard!

Edited by SkitzTGPG
RESOLVED (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

1. Most things I scrap turns into just 7 scrap iron. Examples: steel machetes, titanium arrows/bolts, chainsaws, shotguns, etc. Is this by design? I was typing to scrap chainsaws to motor tool parts and shotguns to shotgun parts (as per the description), but get scrap iron instead.

Sort of.

There are no "parts" anymore. 

On 2/16/2022 at 11:56 PM, deibat said:

Good day guys! Been playing alpha 20 darkness falls for a couple of weeks, but i dont seem to be able to find any lead mine. Been hitting boulders in the forest and the snow with no results. Any tip someone can give me?

Wrench on lots of cars for Lead Batteries and Scrap them for 120 Lead per battery.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:56 PM, Chivalric said:

The tiers control which animals you can see and how far, like with the zombie tracker one. It's been working for me, only animal that doesn't show up are the buzzards.

thanks a lot, I had no idea about the tiers. And how would I get zombie tracker? Never heard of it.