Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to fix the bug with Razor not giving any quests or do I need to start a new play through?

Also Khaine you are the man. This is my first time playing DF and it is unbelievable the amount for work and creativity you put into it.

2 minutes ago, MrCanMan said:

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to fix the bug with Razor not giving any quests or do I need to start a new play through?

Also Khaine you are the man. This is my first time playing DF and it is unbelievable the amount for work and creativity you put into it.

I had this bug on the small DF map, started another plsythrough on same map and it was working

On 2/12/2022 at 2:28 PM, Sithdarth said:

Ok so some friends and I are trying to play Darkness Falls using a Nodecraft server. Individually we've each installed the mod on our personal computers without issue and have been able to play solo. I was tasked with installing the mod onto the server which I did exactly like I did for my single player game. I uploaded the zip file and then unzipped it into a fresh install of 7 Days. I'm having an issue starting the server up with the pre-generated worlds though. If I used DFalls-Navezgane or just Navezgane as the map everything is fine. When I try to load the NoCP worlds (I've tried small, medium, and large) I used to get the following error:

ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.

I got this error as well.

The server seems to recover with,

"WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it"

What map are you using? Have you tried to create your own?

When bringing up a Dedi server game,
I am getting a string of these messages;

ERROR: Shader Sprites/Default shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding to texture disabled: graphics device is Null, only Direct3D 11 and Direct3D 12 (only on desktop) are supported.
ERROR: Shader Sprites/Mask shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
ERROR: Shader Legacy Shaders/VertexLit shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Diffuse' - All subshaders removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
WARNING: Shader If subshaders removal was intentional, you may have forgotten turning Fallback off?

I am pretty sure It is because the server I am using is using the onboard motherboard video and not a GPU on a card --- certain that is the case. It doesn't seem to effect gameplay. Still I would like to know why.

UPDATE

I think I answered my own question - 

Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)

3 hours ago, TechieZero said:

I got this error as well.

The server seems to recover with,

"WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it"

What map are you using? Have you tried to create your own?

I managed to fix that error with an XML edit. The blocks.xml file in the mod folder is just missing an entry. The server still crashed when trying to load the NoCP maps. I managed to get the server to start with the DFalls-Navezgane but it would crash soon after a second person joined the server. My friend group moved on to another hosting service and haven't had an issue so whatever was going on it was with our host.

50 minutes ago, Sithdarth said:

I managed to fix that error with an XML edit. The blocks.xml file in the mod folder is just missing an entry. The server still crashed when trying to load the NoCP maps. I managed to get the server to start with the DFalls-Navezgane but it would crash soon after a second person joined the server. My friend group moved on to another hosting service and haven't had an issue so whatever was going on it was with our host.

Yeah - I think if you tried a different map --- or created your own --- this wouldn't be an issue. I think you are right that the blocks.xml file needs to be updated @KhaineGB

Problem with robotic sledge tracking only one zombie:

First time playing DF in A20, started this game with the .36 DF version.  I set up a normal little combat base with a straight run one block wide leading to my sheltered fighting position, and attached a half-height block to the side of the run to put my robotic sledge on - something I've done many times in the past.  (The half-height block makes the sledge sit lower than the zombie, so it doesn't hit demolishers in the chest). However....

First zombie runs past, the sledge knocks him off, everything good.  Now... The sledge rotates down, still looking at the first original zombie, while a bunch of other zombies run past, unmolested.  When the first zombie runs past again, the sledge tracks him and knocks him off.  So it seems clear the sledge gets fixated on only one zombie at a time,  and ignores the rest.  Not very helpful. 

Any idea what the problem is, and how I fix it?  Thanks. 

Edited by ryan8438 (see edit history)

Still getting bad stuttering/lag in poi's until i kill the poi's zom's and any zom's from outside coming for me. With the amount of hostile's i've seen spawning in (first time i loaded up V4 and went to jen's place, there was a group of around 10 right across from her, in an open field. Along with several more around the other walls) i'm fairly sure the # of spawns in the immediate world is what's causing the hiccups. Or at least being a big contribution to it.

Also have a question. Ever since i started playing DF, i've wondered if the pre-gen maps (small/medium/large) will always send you to the same trader when you start, or is it a random choice? I like playing on the medium/large maps, but i'm admittedly picky about the trader i want to start/stick with initially, as well as finding certain poi's that i like making homes out of. So if it's a random trader to start with, i can just re-make my world until i find the combo of trader/home that i want.

When seeing how far the last airdrop I got was, I noticed that I was tracking an enemy roughly 1.5 km away. Never seen that happen before. My guess is that it's a screamer I ignored, but no idea why I'd be seeing it that far away. Maybe because they don't vanish it still considers it in the ability's range?222596948_7DaystoDieScreenshot2022_02.15-12_45_49_43.thumb.png.4470e941f2607a2f8f07ddbc03bc8c10.png

Oh and I've modified a few things in the config files, but def. nothing relating to skills, only a few blocks and items.

Has anyone tried the highest difficulty in the latest version of dark waterfall? It's 64 times more difficult to try with my friends. In the fifth corpse tide, we were killed by an explosive corpse with 10000 HP 8 meters away. We were very surprised behind the invincible box, and even we would be killed by zombies passing through the invincible box. We just reached level 50. We don't know how to resist the corpse tide without reducing the difficulty. Are there any experts who can help us?

报错 

4 hours ago, Chivalric said:

当看到我最后一次空投有多远时,我注意到我正在跟踪大约1.5公里外的敌人。以前从没见过这种事。我猜这是一个我忽略的尖叫,但不知道为什么我会在那么远的地方看到它。也许因为它们没有消失,它仍然认为它在能力范围内?222596948_7DaystoDieScreenshot2022_02.15-12_45_49_43.thumb.png.4470e941f2607a2f8f07ddbc03bc8c10.png

哦,我已经修改了配置文件中的一些东西,但def。与技能无关,只有一些积木和物品。

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

当看到我最后一次空投有多远时,我注意到我正在跟踪大约1.5公里外的敌人。以前从没见过这种事。我猜这是一个我忽略的尖叫,但不知道为什么我会在那么远的地方看到它。也许因为它们没有消失,它仍然认为它在能力范围内?222596948_7DaystoDieScreenshot2022_02.15-12_45_49_43.thumb.png.4470e941f2607a2f8f07ddbc03bc8c10.png

哦,我已经修改了配置文件中的一些东西,但def。与技能无关,只有一些积木和物品。

In my opinion, the damage of robot fort is very low. Why did Sir choose to use it? Is there any unique ability?

I can't even get through the treasure maps, I get more than I can accomplish, heh. Any way to edit/mod in a tone down? There shouldn't be this many treasure maps in 1 city, haha. Sure, I could drop them and forget, but trying to keep immersion as much as possible. Cant' even scrap them.

Am I just getting lucky or are the maps dropping like candy? I'm playing at 100% loot (no respawns). 

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

3 hours ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

I've played Insane difficultly ,A20 is easier than A19(V3.6) I think.

In A19, I walways choose Labor and mechanic, reached about LV25 at 7th day, LV30 after the 1st bloodmoon by using 3 robot sledgehammers ,After that,I cant go any POI because there will be demons I cant handle. At this point, I can only do buried supply and mining(kinda boring) until lv75(coilgun 2). you cant handle demons before lv75 at insane if you wanna 0 death.

In A20,things get better. Labor for start,do scout quest and traders quest as much as you can, and try to keep you LV low,means dont kill extra Zombies or sell bridges for duke. you will see the game stage is much lower than A19. Use blade trap for the early bloodmoons. Make motocycle ASAP,then do lv4/5 buried supplies(in A20,there are 2 waves, think how to do the quest without kill any zombies, they are too powerful to handle ) and lv1/2 scout quest(ezpz),pay 100000 duke for each master skill,hamzat is hard to find in A20,make anti-rad pill and go to wasteland ASAP,then you will handle demons.

also,try baidu tieba, you could get some help I think.

I have to say,A20 V4 is much better than A19(v3.6),KhaineGB makes the mod better and better.V4 is a brand new game.

I did something a bit dumb I think. I unlocked three classes in one night (including Laborer) and did their quests. Then I noticed I had like 12 skill points to spend, which I did, on random stuff I wanted like Fast Eddie. Only later did I notice some perks I'd unlocked earlier in the game (like Concrete Mixing) had 'unchecked' themselves. Now I'm level 70 and cannot make concrete blocks. What I think happened is the <perks> that have class lockouts (eg: "no Laborer class") that I had unlocked got refunded and their requirements changed (to not exclude the Laborer class). Now I have to find cobble again as I cannot make concrete shapes until I level up some more. I think this mechanic is by design.

Lesson: when you unlock new classes (ie: Laborer), check your perks and re-unlock any you still want if they got 'refunded'. Or use it as a chance to re-spec.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:55 PM, ryan8438 said:

Problem with robotic sledge tracking only one zombie:

First time playing DF in A20, started this game with the .36 DF version.  I set up a normal little combat base with a straight run one block wide leading to my sheltered fighting position, and attached a half-height block to the side of the run to put my robotic sledge on - something I've done many times in the past.  (The half-height block makes the sledge sit lower than the zombie, so it doesn't hit demolishers in the chest). However....

First zombie runs past, the sledge knocks him off, everything good.  Now... The sledge rotates down, still looking at the first original zombie, while a bunch of other zombies run past, unmolested.  When the first zombie runs past again, the sledge tracks him and knocks him off.  So it seems clear the sledge gets fixated on only one zombie at a time,  and ignores the rest.  Not very helpful. 

Any idea what the problem is, and how I fix it?  Thanks. 

Was fixed in the release version.

19 hours ago, wolfarus said:

Still getting bad stuttering/lag in poi's until i kill the poi's zom's and any zom's from outside coming for me. With the amount of hostile's i've seen spawning in (first time i loaded up V4 and went to jen's place, there was a group of around 10 right across from her, in an open field. Along with several more around the other walls) i'm fairly sure the # of spawns in the immediate world is what's causing the hiccups. Or at least being a big contribution to it.

Also have a question. Ever since i started playing DF, i've wondered if the pre-gen maps (small/medium/large) will always send you to the same trader when you start, or is it a random choice? I like playing on the medium/large maps, but i'm admittedly picky about the trader i want to start/stick with initially, as well as finding certain poi's that i like making homes out of. So if it's a random trader to start with, i can just re-make my world until i find the combo of trader/home that i want.

Time to be less picky about your start trader then. And it's the name you use that determines your start point. That's vanilla code I haven't changed.

Feedback: having fun, died twice now, both times because I failed to run away when things got crazy and got trapped with busted legs and empty mags (both times very frustrating too). Was using a steel club until about level 70, now considering switching to a coil pistol and just playing John Wick style.

Query1: Are blood moons harder in the snow biome compared to the forest biome for a given game stage? Reason I ask is I have my base and farm in the forest biome about 100m from a snow biome region and was thinking I could get better loot drops if my horde base was located in the snow biome (for the same risk).

Query2: Is there a storage mod for the motorcycle or 4x4? Reason is I need to move bases (about 3.5k away) and on a motor bike it will take many trips to move (I keep everything I find). I did notice a 'cube truck' in the vehicle list. Does it have more storage than the 4x4, or is it the same amount? I need a Z-Haul truck.

14 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

Robotic drone do heal animate and cooldown but no healing effect with bandage ,first aid bandage, I guess all healing stuff.

Already known and no idea why it does it. I even put the vanilla bandages back to test and had the same issue. I need to retest as I think it might be related to the NPC mod.

14 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

pear smoothie shows add 10 water , but add 15 in fact.

Will change that later.

5 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

I can't even get through the treasure maps, I get more than I can accomplish, heh. Any way to edit/mod in a tone down? There shouldn't be this many treasure maps in 1 city, haha. Sure, I could drop them and forget, but trying to keep immersion as much as possible. Cant' even scrap them.

Am I just getting lucky or are the maps dropping like candy? I'm playing at 100% loot (no respawns). 

I've noticed i'm getting quite a few myself. May need to look into the drop rate.

31 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

I did something a bit dumb I think. I unlocked three classes in one night (including Laborer) and did their quests. Then I noticed I had like 12 skill points to spend, which I did, on random stuff I wanted like Fast Eddie. Only later did I notice some perks I'd unlocked earlier in the game (like Concrete Mixing) had 'unchecked' themselves. Now I'm level 70 and cannot make concrete blocks. What I think happened is the <perks> that have class lockouts (eg: "no Laborer class") that I had unlocked got refunded and their requirements changed (to not exclude the Laborer class). Now I have to find cobble again as I cannot make concrete shapes until I level up some more. I think this mechanic is by design.

Lesson: when you unlock new classes (ie: Laborer), check your perks and re-unlock any you still want if they got 'refunded'. Or use it as a chance to re-spec.

Yep. Laborer refunds those perks so you get the skill points back and can purchase hammer and forge/advanced engineering to get back to exactly where you were.

2 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

Feedback: having fun, died twice now, both times because I failed to run away when things got crazy and got trapped with busted legs and empty mags (both times very frustrating too). Was using a steel club until about level 70, now considering switching to a coil pistol and just playing John Wick style.

Query1: Are blood moons harder in the snow biome compared to the forest biome for a given game stage? Reason I ask is I have my base and farm in the forest biome about 100m from a snow biome region and was thinking I could get better loot drops if my horde base was located in the snow biome (for the same risk).

Query2: Is there a storage mod for the motorcycle or 4x4? Reason is I need to move bases (about 3.5k away) and on a motor bike it will take many trips to move (I keep everything I find). I did notice a 'cube truck' in the vehicle list. Does it have more storage than the 4x4, or is it the same amount? I need a Z-Haul truck.

1) Yes because snow biome has a gamestage bonus (and also a loot bonus)
2) No.

5 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Already known and no idea why it does it. I even put the vanilla bandages back to test and had the same issue. I need to retest as I think it might be related to the NPC mod.

Will change that later.

I've noticed i'm getting quite a few myself. May need to look into the drop rate.

Yep. Laborer refunds those perks so you get the skill points back and can purchase hammer and forge/advanced engineering to get back to exactly where you were.

1) Yes because snow biome has a gamestage bonus (and also a loot bonus)
2) No.

About what I expected. Thanks for the good work. I'll 'consider' the snow horde base once I've teched up a bit more, don't want a demon showing up I cannot kill.

:crazy::canada:

8 hours ago, 蔬菜大杂烩 said:

In my opinion, the damage of robot fort is very low. Why did Sir choose to use it? Is there any unique ability?

With the various weapon mods, they can drop zombies very quickly. Iron darts are very effective in them, and easy to make.

1 hour ago, walkingwounded said:

I'll 'consider' the snow horde base once I've teched up a bit more, don't want a demon showing up I cannot kill.

This is why I rush the quests, to find a bunker very early on. Very high chance of having a laser pistol, which removes the health regen.

If you DON'T get a laser pistol, reset the POI to farm til you do. Just move away from it far enough to fail and go back to Eve.

3 hours ago, Chivalric said:

随着各种武器模块,他们可以很快下降僵尸。铁飞镖非常有效,而且容易制作。

这就是为什么我在任务中很早就开始寻找掩体。拥有激光枪的几率非常高,它会移除生命回复。

如果你没有激光枪,重置POI到农场,直到你有。离开它足够远以至于失败,然后回到伊芙身边。

Sir means to resist the tide of corpses by using dart traps and robots. When the devil appears, use laser weapons to suppress the recovery of the devil

7 hours ago, chiefoforc said:

我打得很艰难,A20比A19(3.6版)更容易。

在A19,我总是选择劳动和机械,在第7天达到25级,在第一个血月后用3个机器人大锤达到30级,之后,我不能去任何地方,因为会有我对付不了的恶魔。在这一点上,我只能做埋供和采矿(有点无聊)直到lv75(coilgun 2)。如果你想死,你不能在75级精神状态下对付恶魔。

在A20,情况有所好转。劳动开始,尽你所能做侦察任务和商人任务,并尽量保持低LV,意味着不要杀死额外的僵尸或为公爵出售桥梁。你会看到游戏阶段比A19低很多。对早期的血月使用刀锋陷阱。尽快做摩托,然后做lv4/5埋用品(在A20,有2波,想想怎么做任务不杀任何僵尸,他们太强大了,无法处理)和lv1/2侦察任务(ezpz),每个主技能支付100000杜克,hamzat在A20很难找到,做反拉德药丸,尽快去荒地,然后你会处理恶魔。

还有,试试百度贴吧,我想你可以得到一些帮助。

不得不说,A20 V4比A19(v3.6)强多了,KhaineGB让mod越来越好。V4是一个全新的游戏。

My current problem is that I don't know how to effectively resist the tide of corpses without going to underground bunkers and using floating houses. The main problem is how to prevent the self exploding zombie explosion from damaging the house and players

A couple of knits.

* Is it possible to have some animation to show upgraded Forge activity? Something like fire and/or smoke for example? Heatwaves could be a cool effect if that is possible.

* If you make a dirt block then salvage it --- I think you come out ahead of the game. :)

Edited by TechieZero (see edit history)