Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 1/2/2022 at 2:01 AM, KhaineGB said:

>> At least in one case (mine 😒) the savegame from B29 wouldn't load after installing b30 (after "creating world" while "Creating player", last Log-entry: "EXC NullReferenceExeption" ).

In case anyone else has this, I ALSO had this problem, except it was a clean save.

Rebooting my machine fixed it. No idea why.

Had it again, My guess: 7d2d now can start without a running Steam client, but will fail when starting a game. After starting Steam my save could load.

10 hours ago, Marinxar said:

love the mod, and reaaaally appreciate all the time and effort put in to it, but as a fellow victim of this, I would petition, if time permits, a look in to the possibility of toning this down, or setting the real evil @%$#ers behind a GS wall.

You mean like it already is? Behemoths don't start until GS 150 on wandering horde, 177 in screamer hordes

10 hours ago, doomtucan said:

is A20 released yet or not yet?

No.

20 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Had it again, My guess: 7d2d now can start without a running Steam client, but will fail when starting a game. After starting Steam my save could load.

Yep, that'll happen. It's cos of the crossplay crap they shoe-horned in.

When we reach the end of the lab, can we consider this mod is ended ? or is there another challenge ? we reached the end game way before technologie and we played at nomad difficulty. It wasn't really hard to win. Maybe some true boss zombie with 40k life , hugh speed etc... are needed. We held every day 7 without serious trouble. We won without end game stuff like laser gun rifle and so on. 

I think it's too bad to win without the need of the best tools / weapon.

2 hours ago, JJJ said:

When we reach the end of the lab, can we consider this mod is ended ? or is there another challenge ? we reached the end game way before technologie and we played at nomad difficulty. It wasn't really hard to win. Maybe some true boss zombie with 40k life , hugh speed etc... are needed. We held every day 7 without serious trouble. We won without end game stuff like laser gun rifle and so on. 

You played on nomad. What do you expect? That's easy mode for this mod.

There's literally a succubus with like 7.5k hp that flies and throws fireballs at you, an incubus with 10k hp and a demonic behemoth with 50k hp, all of which NEED a laser weapon to disable the regen.

So that's on you.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

I planted some apple trees, and after some days they cannot be harvested anymore. They have 0/40 HP and cannot be destroyed. In DF 19 this never happened.

Clipboarder.2022.01.13.png

Old bug from A18 and A19 that happens if you use the same seed/game name on a map.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

2 hours ago, JJJ said:

Ok. Lets see if you can do it again on insane diff. Imagine playing on a rookie diff, then claiming you "ended" the mod without endgame stuff.
unknown.png

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You played on nomad. What do you expect? That's easy mode for this mod.

There's literally a succubus with like 7.5k hp that flies and throws fireballs at you, an incubus with 10k hp and a demonic behemoth with 50k hp, all of which NEED a laser weapon to disable the regen.

So that's on you.

Ok, then which difficulty would you recommend ? also, what would be the end game of this mod ? Killing the lab maybe ?

Probably unrelated to the mod itself, but power went out while I was playing, booted the game up and my previous game reverted back to being a brand new game. I was level 168 and had cleared the lab, was in the process of creating bunkers out of all the traders. I don't even know how that @%$# works, since it saves every 5 mins. Either way, has completely killed any desire to continue playing until DF A20 is finished, then maybe I'll try again.

7 hours ago, JJJ said:

Ok, then which difficulty would you recommend ? also, what would be the end game of this mod ? Killing the lab maybe ?

The lab is just to prepare you for dealing with demons. If you can survive a horde night when it starts throwing proper demons at you, like the incubus, succubus and demonic behemoth, then you're done.

6 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Any idea to avoid / repair that?

Back up saves that matter, clear out your data as per TFP's recommendation for A20, put the saves back you care about, then play (and you'll probably need a new DF save)

6 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Probably unrelated to the mod itself, but power went out while I was playing, booted the game up and my previous game reverted back to being a brand new game. I was level 168 and had cleared the lab, was in the process of creating bunkers out of all the traders. I don't even know how that @%$# works, since it saves every 5 mins. Either way, has completely killed any desire to continue playing until DF A20 is finished, then maybe I'll try again.

That's just how 7DTD works. It's always saving. If your power goes out, RIP your save.

32 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

The lab is just to prepare you for dealing with demons. If you can survive a horde night when it starts throwing proper demons at you, like the incubus, succubus and demonic behemoth, then you're done.

Ok thanks you, and what is the difficulty you ll advice a good player to play ?

Edited by JJJ (see edit history)

Hello.... this is probably really stupid, but the mod disappeared from mine and my wife's 7D2D mod launcher. We haven't played in awhile, so we're not sure if something went wonky with updates or something, but we really loved this mod and were wondering if we messed something up somehow?

13 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

DF isn't out for A20 officially, which means it's not on the launcher.

For the A19 version, it might just be gitlab playing silly @%$#s.

The mod launcher wasn't working for -any- mods I tried to dl since 19.5+, (haven't tried it since) so might be related to that.

This could just be my odd luck, but using the ratchet, impact driver, and laser tool, I get next to no batteries and engines ever, but with the most basic wrench, I get 1 to 2 on nearly every vehicle. Not sure if that's a setting that's bugged or what, just figured I'd point it out.

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

This could just be my odd luck, but using the ratchet, impact driver, and laser tool, I get next to no batteries and engines ever, but with the most basic wrench, I get 1 to 2 on nearly every vehicle. Not sure if that's a setting that's bugged or what, just figured I'd point it out.

Funny you should say that - I've been experiencing the similar (but didn't know about the basic wrench). I thought the drop rates were nerfed - I ended up using the silver I'd found to make engines eventually as I'd had just 1 engine out of 40 or so vehicles. Just tried the standard wrench and 4 batteries / 1 engine out of 6 vehicles.

12 hours ago, Chivalric said:

for god´s sake, and i thought im fkn stupid not getting any engines anymore... 
just tested this, 4 cars, 3 batteries and 1 engine