TV Shows worth watching for 7D2D players

Royal Deluxe

If you were alive in the 80s and enjoyed The Karate Kid...

Please watch Cobra Kai. It is pretty special with lots of footage of the original movie used as flashback moments. The black and white good vs evil of the original has been replaced by lots of gray area and there are so many easter eggs via the parallels they make to the source material. Plus there is fun karate.

You can watch it on Youtube Red. First two episodes are free and the rest require Red but you can sign up and then immediately cancel and you'll stay subscribed for one month. Is it a bit cheesy? Yup. But quite enjoyable. I should also note that it is not as family friendly as the original movie but nobody who didn't grow up in the last millenium is going to care about it anyway...

I've actually heard good things about Cobra Kai. I've heard that it's kind of cheaply made, but the writing is very good. Is that true? I don't even want to watch the 2 free episodes before deciding to commit to the whole thing. I'll probably do it though lol.

Well it is a tv show vs a movie so the production quality is less. The two lead characters are played by the same actors from the original movies and they both do a great job. The kids all do an adequate job as well and the writing and music are spot on as a continuation of the original movie. All the episodes are free if you sign up for Youtube Red and then cancel it right away (so you don't forget). Even after cancelling you get the full billing cycle for free. The episodes are short and there are only 10 of them. They are great!

Johnny Lawrence is a seriously flawed character and Cobra Kai is a seriously demented philosophy but instead of getting it solely from the perspective of the good guys you get it mostly from Johnny Lawrence's perspective which makes it so much more interesting and hilarious quite often.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ivy43nO.jpg

The OA (2016, series)

5-star.jpg

Prairie Johnson (Brit Marling), a missing blind girl, returns to the community she grew up in with her sight restored. Some hail her a miracle, others a dangerous mystery, but Prairie won’t talk about her seven missing years with the FBI or her parents.

Best not to read anything more..

:)

Ivy43nO.jpg

The OA (2016, series)

5-star.jpg

Prairie Johnson (Brit Marling), a missing blind girl, returns to the community she grew up in with her sight restored. Some hail her a miracle, others a dangerous mystery, but Prairie won’t talk about her seven missing years with the FBI or her parents.

Best not to read anything more..

:)

Season 1 was awesome!

Season 2 just came out, and I can't wait to binge it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I forgot about that one. Looks like someone could easily get typecast. (Haven't read the novels, so I know diddly =)

Any on your watchlist? These are coming..

Penny Dreadful: City of Angels (Showtime)

The Nevers (HBO)

The Lord of the Rings (Amazon)

Archived