[MOD] A16 Better Balance Mod - Spikes, guns, mining, building etc. improvements

SurvivalUK

Got the 1.4 from the google drive link, going to test it out ^^

Thanks for the mod!

Hi Hameshy, sorry for the hassle. I've added a copy to Google drive so you should be ok with this (the rar preview is flaky): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7PTQXWeZQYDT1B0QXpkT0FWbFE

I've not any geo-blocking enabled but i'll check for any hosting issues later and report back :)

Loving the mod! However, the zombie detection distance seems to be a bit too extreme for me and is making my stealthy style of play redundant. Which file/tag do I need to edit to set it back to normal, or perhaps somewhere in between?

Thanks for the comments :)

To go back to a more stealthy version open up entityclasses.xml and find the "better balance" annotations for the following:

<!-- A16 Better Balance Mod - max view angle increased to 270 from 180 -->

<property name="MaxViewAngle" value="270"/>

<!-- A16 Better Balance Mod - sightrange 60m vs 30, sightscale 80m vs 150 -->

<property name="SightRange" value="60"/> <!-- distance in m -->

<property name="SightScale" value="-2,80"/> <!-- how well lit you have to be for the zombie to see you at min,max range -->

I've put the default values in bold.

You can scale it back without going to the default i just found the Z almost comedic with their inability to detect me. I had wandering hordes pass by and i had to run to them for action!

I'm getting an error on line 1512 position 3 while loading items

The error states that comments can't have - in it.

Sorry for late reply, travelling / work keeping me busy!

Shouldn't be any issues with the latest download but just in case i've updated the rar links with the files i've just used on 3 PCs that worked perfectly.

No xml changes in the latest A16.3b3 experimental build so it's good to go still with v1.5 of the mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

OP updated with v1.7 :)

Link - v1.7:

Download link or Download link Google Drive

** make sure to use the latest version of winrar / 7zip **

v1.7 - A16.3b7 compatible, air drops are back to default disappearing after looting

v1.6 - Adjusted wrench stamina again, added a chance to get tires from wrenched cars similar to engine drops, minor refinements in existing xml

v1.5 - A16.3b1 experimental compatible

v1.4 - Code correction for XP gain noted by Lavendarjosh

v1.3 - Code tidy up with excellent feedback from SMiThaYe

v1.2 - Upgraded for A16.2b7 compatibility, removed quest timers / increased points, made working workbench / cement mixer / chemstation / forge lootable with wrench, tidied up a few bits

v1.1.1 - Forgot to add the the entitygroups.xml file for animal spawns, Chump misses nothing! hehe

v1.1 - Sped up swimming, airdrop crate / treasure chests remain after looting, Solar cell added to more loot groups, Z / hostile animal sight range increased to 60m (vs 30m) + light changes, circling Z / animal fix added, Z / hostile animals detection radius increased to 270°

v1.0 - A16.1 B1 compatible

Travelling / working away at the moment so can't fully test this but updated to the new experimental version. Any problems let me know.

Link - v1.8:

<removed>

History - latest release highlighted in gold

v1.8 - A16.3b12 compatible

v1.7 - A16.3b7 compatible, air drops are back to default disappearing after looting

v1.6 - Adjusted wrench stamina again, added a chance to get tires from wrenched cars similar to engine drops, minor refinements in existing xml

v1.2 - Upgraded for A16.2b7 compatibility, removed quest timers / increased points, made working workbench / cement mixer / chemstation / forge lootable with wrench, tidied up a few bits

v1.1.1 - Forgot to add the the entitygroups.xml file for animal spawns, Chump misses nothing! hehe

v1.1 - Sped up swimming, airdrop crate / treasure chests remain after looting, Solar cell added to more loot groups, Z / hostile animal sight range increased to 60m (vs 30m) + light changes, circling Z / animal fix added, Z / hostile animals detection radius increased to 270°

In the absence of any feedback recently going to close this mod and just keep it for personal use between the missus and kids.

I highly recommend the Quality of Life mod by @Lavendarjosh which is based upon this mod.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?71340-Quality-of-Life-and-Firearms-Improvement-Mod/page1

Thanks one and all, peace out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Please can a mod close this thread.

aww that sucks that mod changes a lot of stuff I don't want changed. I always use your mod. I came on just now to see if there was an update cause the Stable 16.3 only released today. Oh well guess I'll have to use the old version and make the changes my self

Thx for creating a great mod...sorry that you are not going to continue it. I've been streaming recently and using your mod. Have had very positive response for it, from my viewers and was just here looking to see if it's been updated to A16.3 Stable yet....sorry that it will not be continued.

Wow, thanks for the recommendation!

I know it can be disheartening if you don't get any feedback for your mod, but I'm sure a lot of silent lurkers would appreciate it if you'd continue, if you can find the time. I know I wouldn't have started working on my own mod if not for Better Balance! :)

In any case, take care and have fun!

Hi all thanks for the comments.

It was total **** move on my part removing the downloads, trust me i got the **** of the week (probably month / year?). There was no need for that, sorry all.

Travelling a lot at the moment, away from family and very little down time / much less time for 7days. Just got the better of me in a fit of rage.

I'll get the last download upped again once i get to some stable Internet as i'm back home later tonight.

Again my apologies for the **** move.

Link - v1.9:

Download link or Download link Google Drive

v1.9 - A16.3 final compatible

v1.8 - A16.3b12 compatible

Archived